Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #25,561 of 42,765
The magic elves inside are inactive from the time it ships from the factory to the time you first use it. It takes time for them to get back in shape before they can sprinkle enough pixie dust to get the mile wide soundstage.

careful, some audiophiles will believe you.

So that's not true?

As far as stacking another amp and it degrading the SQ, that's not the only aspect of enjoying music. C5 for example has an excellent bass boost and is an excellent stack. There are times when I've stacked other amps and I heard the decrease in SQ, or heard additional hissing so it's definitely true.

But adding something else in the chain doesn't always mean a decrease in your enjoyment of the music. Might actually improve it, and that's the point.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #25,562 of 42,765
The reason I thought for stacking the c5 with mojo is purely down to the fact that i thought the c5 would amplify the mojo sound quality? I also read the c5 to have a wide soundstage or something so thought it may also add that quality into the mix?

Im a pretty simple guy in this audio world and line out, Vrms etc mean zero to me, I will play around and figure it out cheers guys!

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #25,563 of 42,765
The reason I thought for stacking the c5 with mojo is purely down to the fact that i thought the c5 would amplify the mojo sound quality? I also read the c5 to have a wide soundstage or something so thought it may also add that quality into the mix?

Im a pretty simple guy in this audio world and line out, Vrms etc mean zero to me, I will play around and figure it out cheers guys!

Basically, the Mojo's line level is simply a volume preset that's sometimes too loud for external amps. If you hear distortion from the C5, or not enough volume control on the C5, then lower the volume on the Mojo. Don't worry about losing any quality when lowering the Mojo's volume, and don't worry about double amping (Mojo has no separate amp built in).

On the sound quality, if you love the C5 there's nothing wrong with adding it.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #25,564 of 42,765
I am experiencing problem with my Mojo's battery. When it is charging, it makes a quiet hiss noise. The noise is definitely louder than normal, and I can't remember hearing it in the last 10 months since I own Mojo. The battery life has dropped to 3.5 hrs, I have tested 3 times with different chargers. I did 2 full cycles, no change. It also warms up and shuts down much quicker, when I play music while charging, but the main indicator of the problem is the decreased battery life. I will send it back to the retailer, but I am not very happy spending time without Mojo. 
Has anyone experienced similar battery problem?

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #25,565 of 42,765
I am experiencing problem with my Mojo's battery. When it is charging, it makes a quiet hiss noise. The noise is definitely louder than normal, and I can't remember hearing it in the last 10 months since I own Mojo. The battery life has dropped to 3.5 hrs, I have tested 3 times with different chargers. I did 2 full cycles, no change. It also warms up and shuts down much quicker, when I play music while charging, but the main indicator of the problem is the decreased battery life. I will send it back to the retailer, but I am not very happy spending time without Mojo. 

Have two Mojos so you will always have one.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #25,566 of 42,765

ferrite micro usb cable for charging will solve your problem

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #25,567 of 42,765
Mine has a hiss when charging. The hissing is not in the audio chain but comes from the charging circuit. It has done that since the first plug in.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #25,568 of 42,765
How should someone combine mojo with a portable amp?

What I mean is that, all night i have been listening to Tidal with mojo connected into my cayin c5 portable amp.

How much power should I set the mojo at before I start controlling the master volume through my c5?

Want to make sure im getting optimum sound. Isit a case of setting mojo to red/red then increasing volume with c5 or do i set mojo at max volume and slowly creep up master volume with c5 until happy with volume level?

Cheers for any help with this guys

First check the max input Voltage of your amp.
I.e. in my case Fostex HP-V1 accepts up to 5V. Mojo defaults to 3V for LO, yet I found out that this way I lose some detail level in the 5K and up frequencies and bass is slightly too much, so I often find myself setting a double blue level (2V) or slightly above.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #25,569 of 42,765
Quote:
break what in?

Quote:
The magic elves inside are inactive from the time it ships from the factory to the time you first use it. It takes time for them to get back in shape before they can sprinkle enough pixie dust to get the mile wide soundstage.

This infamous quote should clear things up nicely - once and for all - regarding break in, burn in, etc. etc.........................................................   ............         ....................... . ......... 

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #25,570 of 42,765
This infamous quote should clear things up nicely - once and for all - regarding break in, burn in, etc. etc.........................................................   ............         ....................... . ......... 

[COLOR=333333]"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR]

Don't give the Mojo a sock... You might set it free and it will never work for you again.

NDVD_002.jpg

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #25,571 of 42,765

It's true! When I first used mine the sound was flat, not much energy in it at all. Now, back in shape, the full sound has returned! Really full of energy and that soundstage now! Wow. :p
popcorn.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #25,572 of 42,765
Got the Mojo yesterday. Connected to the S7E and SE846, it sounds superb, streaming Tidal via the Tidal app or UAPP.
In order to add bass punch, I did connect the Mojo audio out to my Arrow 5Tx amp. The audio resolution is not harmed and now I have it with very good bass.
I did try to set the Mojo to Line-Out, but the volune strength via the 5Tx is unbearable. I use the Mojo volume with the 5Tx.

The only issue with the Mojo is it lighted buttons which at night in a dark room emit noticable light even when set to low.

Thanks this forum for the detailed information.

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #25,573 of 42,765
Got the Mojo yesterday. Connected to the S7E and SE846, it sounds superb, streaming Tidal via the Tidal app or UAPP.
In order to add bass punch, I did connect the Mojo audio out to my Arrow 5Tx amp. The audio resolution is not harmed and now I have it with very good bass.
I did try to set the Mojo to Line-Out, but the volune strength via the 5Tx is unbearable. I use the Mojo volume with the 5Tx.

The only issue with the Mojo is it lighted buttons which at night in a dark room emit noticable light even when set to low.

Thanks this forum for the detailed information.
Music player apps EQ works better for sub bass.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #25,575 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back