Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 27, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2,521 of 42,765
Oct 27, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #2,522 of 42,765

you'll need the Sony WMC-NWH10 conversion cable... a lot of people have imported the ZX2 so are not Euro-capped (you save about £150-£200), I've had my ZX2 since March a bit before the Mojo's release, it acts as a superb transport for my Hugo, hth.

thanks, i got my zx2+z7 from Turkey to 1200usd as a promo price.....  must be best price ( still is actually ) in the world... tnx for the cable update, still waiting a custom cable :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #2,524 of 42,765
I have the same problem. Easely listenable with my Hifiman RE-400 or my amplified nearfield monitors. As you, there is no problem using the USB input. My Hugo used in the same condition is not faulty. Today, I ship back the Mojo to my dealer and don't know at the moment what I have to do (exchange or not...). I am very disappointed by this issue.
John F from Chord here. We are looking into this for you. Hopefully one of the guys at JH will come back to me shortly. In the mean time we've tested with some Noble K 10s,UE studios and the Dita ranges and all appear to be totally silent at any volume level on both optical and coaxial inputs. Please can you let me know we're you charging your Mojo at the same time. I'm wondering if it's something external in the very local environment and that perhaps you might like to do a little elimination to help us track down the problem as we are not seeing (hearing it our selves)

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,525 of 42,765
John F from Chord here. We are looking into this for you. Hopefully one of the guys at JH will come back to me shortly. In the mean time we've tested with some Noble K 10s,UE studios and the Dita ranges and all appear to be totally silent at any volume level on both optical and coaxial inputs. Please can you let me know we're you charging your Mojo at the same time. I'm wondering if it's something external in the very local environment and that perhaps you might like to do a little elimination to help us track down the problem as we are not seeing (hearing it our selves)

I wasn't charging my Mojo at the same time -- I did try charging to see if that made a difference, but it did not - the noise is still there. Its the same noise I hear when I switch the Mojo on and hold the case up to my ear with no USB inputs. Should the Mojo be silent when its powered on (the Hugo is)?

I've tried the Mojo away from any other electronic devices and still hear the noise, so I don't think its interference.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,526 of 42,765

No issue using my Jh Roxanne custom with my old Ak100 connected optically mad the mojo.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #2,527 of 42,765
I wasn't charging my Mojo at the same time -- I did try charging to see if that made a difference, but it did not - the noise is still there. Its the same noise I hear when I switch the Mojo on and hold the case up to my ear with no USB inputs. Should the Mojo be silent when its powered on (the Hugo is)?

I've tried the Mojo away from any other electronic devices and still hear the noise, so I don't think its interference.
JF okay if you can get to a dealer and try another unit ask the dealer to get the suspect unit back to us at Chord with a note and we will give It a very thorough going over... It's very illuminating that you can hear the same sound from the outside of the case it sounds to me that you have an internal regulator problem unit with that unit. We have shipped many thousands of units already so it's possible at this early stage to have an odd faulty unit.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #2,528 of 42,765
JF okay if you can get to a dealer and try another unit ask the dealer to get the suspect unit back to us at Chord with a note and we will give It a very thorough going over... It's very illuminating that you can hear the same sound from the outside of the case it sounds to me that you have an internal regulator problem unit with that unit. We have shipped many thousands of units already so it's possible at this early stage to have an odd faulty unit.

Will do and thanks for the prompt response.

Fortunately my dealer (Moon Audio) is local (well 45 mins away) so I can drop it off with them. I did email Drew/Nichole and asked if they had heard or seen similar problems (as I know Drew was using a Mojo with JH16 Pros)...

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #2,530 of 42,765
Has anyone put the Mojo in their jean pocket and do the buttons gets presses accidently?

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #2,533 of 42,765
Cheers Steve. Do you leave it for long periods?

JF Mojos multiple DSP cores and all other circuitry develop 1.7 Watts of heat when running this heat it dissipated from Mojos case through convection and heat radiating away. This can only happen when the Mojo cases temperature is a few degrees above the ambient temperature so it will feel warm in a high ambient environment. This is normal and totally safe as there are three separate and independent thermal sensing and protection circuits to look after Mojo and Mojos special battery.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #2,535 of 42,765
Cheers Steve. Do you leave it for long periods?

Hi..........Nahhhhhhh, usually just 2-3 hours at a time before I get dragged away to do other stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back