Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 27, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #2,507 of 42,765
Relic's had a hiss-like noise with his Angie's via Coax that disappears after altering volume. Can also be heard with face against Mojo? Can you try this?

Yes, the noise is there if I put my ear next to the Mojo -- same (to me) high pitched hiss. I tried fiddling with the volume and if I raised it high enough the Mojo seemed to get a little quieter when not playing, but it was too loud to listen on my CIEMs. The noise reduced slightly (and briefly) as I increased/decreased the volume.

So there is definitely something wrong with the Mojo here. I guess its good to know its not just me and my Mojo.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #2,508 of 42,765
  here's a left-field choice of transport for the purist who don't need album-art etc. the Sony PCM-M10 (£150+ new), has a good form-factor for the Mojo... there is a higher spec on it's big brother but that's got bunny-ears, both on links below:-

PCM-M10: http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-professional-audio-portable/pcm-m10/overview/

PCM-D100 hi-res: http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-professional-audio-portable/pcm-d100/overview/

I have the M10 from a previous life - I'm pretty sure it doesn't have digital output though does it?  (It also "only" goes up to 24/96 I think.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #2,509 of 42,765
Did you order the 2.2 or the 5mm? I'm also using AK120ii and must first acquire a Sys Concept Toslink to Miniplug cable before I get the Mojo, so wondering for this specific combo which is the superior option.

5mm. I went with it it was actually cheaper than the 2.2 and gives the appearance of being more durable 

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #2,510 of 42,765

I have the same problem. Easely listenable with my Hifiman RE-400 or my amplified nearfield monitors. As you, there is no problem using the USB input. My Hugo used in the same condition is not faulty. Today, I ship back the Mojo to my dealer and don't know at the moment what I have to do (exchange or not...). I am very disappointed by this issue.

Yes, my Mojo is unusable with anything other than a USB input connected when using sensitive CIEMs (such as JH16Pros). 

Anyone from Chord care to comment?

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #2,512 of 42,765
here's a left-field choice of transport for the purist who don't need album-art etc. the Sony PCM-M10 (£150+ new), has a good form-factor for the Mojo... there is a higher spec on it's big brother but that's got bunny-ears, both on links below:-

PCM-M10: http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-professional-audio-portable/pcm-m10/overview/

PCM-D100 hi-res: http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-professional-audio-portable/pcm-d100/overview/

The D-100 is my favorite of my Sony DAPs.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #2,513 of 42,765
5mm. I went with it it was actually cheaper than the 2.2 and gives the appearance of being more durable 
funny that the tougher cable costs $10 less. Do let me know how it pairs with your 120II and Mojo once it arrives!

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #2,514 of 42,765
I dun have any hissing issues for my JH Angie on my Mojo at all.
Just listened to Emi Fujita songs on it and totally loving it!

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #2,515 of 42,765
  here's a left-field choice of transport
for the purist who don't need album-art etc. the Sony PCM-M10 (£150+ new), has a good form-factor for the Mojo... there is a higher spec on it's big brother but that's got bunny-ears, both on links below:-

The D100 is a pretty cool multi-use gadget if you ever need the recorder funcion. Like if you're a musician, or like most of that lot you just wish you were. :)

OT, but I wonder if it hooks up to your phone to record video on the go with decent audio. That would improve it's usability a ton.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,516 of 42,765
  I have the M10 from a previous life - I'm pretty sure it doesn't have digital output though does it?  (It also "only" goes up to 24/96 I think.

I'm not sure to be honest but it does have a sd-slot.... before my Chord days (the dark-age) I was following the Sony-PCM thread or it was a thread that I'd subscribed to, one thing that was apparent was that Sony was a brilliant transport for a DAC/Amp, then the Z1070 hit my radar & the rest is history.

for the purist the D100 looks the mutts 'cept for those bunny-ears (I like to recycle material, helps save the planet)... be interesting to hear from anyone pairing the PCM's with the Mojo.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,517 of 42,765
sorry probably i missed these topics but the thread moves so fast....

i have some questions

1. For connection to mac, what is the best connection method? 

2. How do i use Tidal? the app did not work with mojo, is there a way? 

3. what is the best way to connect to zx2 

4. has anyone tried mojo with ie800s? 

i used mojo with z7.... it rocks... 

it is an incredible little amp/dac with a power to drive z7 at mid sound level....

and i wonder about  ZX2 EU cap, what is the meaning of it if you can buy an amp/dac as small as mojo and turn your headphone into little speakers....... 

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #2,518 of 42,765
I dun have any hissing issues for my JH Angie on my Mojo at all.
Just listened to Emi Fujita songs on it and totally loving it!

No hissing either with my SE 846's  

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #2,519 of 42,765
  sorry probably i missed these topics but the thread moves so fast....

i have some questions

3. what is the best way to connect to zx2 

i used mojo with z7.... it rocks... 

it is an incredible little amp/dac with a power to drive z7 at mid sound level....

and i wonder about  ZX2 EU cap, what is the meaning of it if you can buy an amp/dac as small as mojo and turn your headphone into little speakers....... 

you'll need the Sony WMC-NWH10 conversion cable... a lot of people have imported the ZX2 so are not Euro-capped (you save about £150-£200), I've had my ZX2 since March a bit before the Mojo's release, it acts as a superb transport for my Hugo, hth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back