Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 27, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #2,552 of 42,765
JF okay if you can get to a dealer and try another unit ask the dealer to get the suspect unit back to us at Chord with a note and we will give It a very thorough going over... It's very illuminating that you can hear the same sound from the outside of the case it sounds to me that you have an internal regulator problem unit with that unit. We have shipped many thousands of units already so it's possible at this early stage to have an odd faulty unit.

I reported this quite a while back with the tour unit I have. In a bind given there is no dealer for my unit to return it to.

- PM sent -

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #2,553 of 42,765
  sorry probably i missed these topics but the thread moves so fast....

i have some questions

1. For connection to mac, what is the best connection method? 

I don't think there is a preferred one between USB or Optical unless your ears tell you one connection sounds better than the other. I need my USB inputs so I used the Optical. 
2. How do i use Tidal? the app did not work with mojo, is there a way? 

Through your Mac or through an Iphone with a CCK
3. what is the best way to connect to zx2 

4. has anyone tried mojo with ie800s? 
Yes I have, see my review:
 http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo/reviews/14363
In short this shows off the IE800s they are strutting around like Peacocks
i used mojo with z7.... it rocks... 

it is an incredible little amp/dac with a power to drive z7 at mid sound level....

and i wonder about  ZX2 EU cap, what is the meaning of it if you can buy an amp/dac as small as mojo and turn your headphone into little speakers....... 

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #2,554 of 42,765
I put a stethoscope to the Mojo here and zero sound. Even my laptop that has a solid state drive produces some sound with the stethoscope but not the Mojo, charging, not charging, driving phones, etc. 

It's only really an issue when coaxial is plugged in. No stethoscope required, you can hear it next to your ear - the IEM only picks up and enhances the hiss. Sometimes when there is nothing plugged in to the input the hiss is there but a quick tap of the volume buttons clears it away, but it remains when coaxial is plugged in. Seems there really are only a few units with the issue and I chalk it up to regular early batch issues. Unfortunately mine is a tour unit so I'm kind of stuck when it comes to dealer returns.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #2,556 of 42,765
Ah, some people have all the luck! We have to wait a while here in Australia, eagerly waiting for it to hit our shores!

Should already be there, mine has arrived in NZ today and the dealers stock came via the Australian distributor. I'll pick mine up once I arrive back from holiday, now just hoping my Ether C ships soon too.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #2,557 of 42,765
So still no shipment notifications today from the second batch from Moon-Audio?

Really quite unhappy about the lack of communication on this.

Website still shows the second batch arriving today and that it’s not sold out.

The Fedex pickup last week was at 5 PM Eastern, so unless that’s going later today, it seems that particular marker is passed.  And since label generation typically triggers the shipment notification earlier than pick-up that further suggests the second batch isn’t shipping today.

Not looking good.

I have much less of an issue with things not shipping than I do with not knowing what’s going on.  It’s just not that hard to send an email to your pending order list providing an update (or even updating your website), or respond to an email.

Not happy.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,558 of 42,765
For the first time since owning my Layla's I can use comply tips and they sound good (no crushed treble, and improved mids), yet another reason for loving my mini stack :wink:

My cable has cleared customs at EMA, so hopefully out for delivery tomorrow, but arrival date still shows Friday :frowning2:

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #2,559 of 42,765

The Fedex pickup last week was at 5 PM Eastern, so unless that’s going later today, it seems that particular marker is passed.  And since label generation typically triggers the shipment notification earlier than pick-up that further suggests the second batch isn’t shipping today.

Not looking good.

I have much less of an issue with things not shipping than I do with not knowing what’s going on.  It’s just not that hard to send an email to your pending order list providing an update (or even updating your website), or respond to an email.

Not happy.

Agree totally, when i bought the Hugo it was going to take so long to receive it i cancelled that order and bought it somewhere else, looks like nothings changed at Moon Audio.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #2,560 of 42,765

Not looking good.

Not happy.

Same here. VERY UNHAPPY!!!
I have had many orders like Toxic Cables and Cavalli Audio. They have informed IF there are further delays and emailed that time frame I would expect the shipping information. Hope not my only deal with Moon Audio?!

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #2,561 of 42,765
Unfortunately mine is a tour unit so I'm kind of stuck when it comes to dealer returns.

I'm onto this now, things will be sorted man-flu or not (I'm hoping not to die before I get a solution)...
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #2,562 of 42,765
Currently listening to War of the Worlds, Jeff Wayne. The Mojo is staggeringly unbelievably good. Just heard separation of crazy proportions, and this is with my closed Sony MDR-1RNC headphones.

The burn in period has so improved the Mojo. Does voodoo to my music :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #2,563 of 42,765
I'm onto this now, things will be sorted man-flu or not (I'm hoping not to die before I get a solution)... :beerchug:  

Thanks! Flu-Fu sucks!!

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #2,564 of 42,765
Currently listening to War of the Worlds, Jeff Wayne. The Mojo is staggeringly unbelievably good. Just heard separation of crazy proportions, and this is with my closed Sony MDR-1RNC headphones.

The burn in period has so improved the Mojo. Does voodoo to my music :)
Hmm, I have that on SACD somewhere, I love the part where the vicar loses the plot, no idea who the female is, not into it that much, but I would marry her just for her voice :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #2,565 of 42,765

The burn in period has so improved the Mojo. Does voodoo to my music
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Sony's....you're tempting me with the MOJO !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back