Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 27, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #2,566 of 42,765
  sorry probably i missed these topics but the thread moves so fast....

i have some questions

1. For connection to mac, what is the best connection method? 

2. How do i use Tidal? the app did not work with mojo, is there a way? 

3. what is the best way to connect to zx2 

4. has anyone tried mojo with ie800s? 

i used mojo with z7.... it rocks... 

it is an incredible little amp/dac with a power to drive z7 at mid sound level....

and i wonder about  ZX2 EU cap, what is the meaning of it if you can buy an amp/dac as small as mojo and turn your headphone into little speakers....... 

In Tidal app go to settings >streaming then select Mojo (using USB)

I find the Tidal app does not remember the Mojo, if I switch between Vox and Tidal I have to select the Mojo each time in each app which is a pain

I'm beginning to wonder just how much compatibility testing Chord actually did, Tidal is a mainstream app, surprised they didn't pick up on this. No such issues with my HA-2.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #2,567 of 42,765
I'm not sure to be honest but it does have a sd-slot.... before my Chord days (the dark-age) I was following the Sony-PCM thread or it was a thread that I'd subscribed to, one thing that was apparent was that Sony was a brilliant transport for a DAC/Amp, then the Z1070 hit my radar & the rest is history.

for the purist the D100 looks the mutts 'cept for those bunny-ears (I like to recycle material, helps save the planet)... be interesting to hear from anyone pairing the PCM's with the Mojo.

Just checked, no digital out but it could be good for analog amping via line out. I had mine for on the fly recording when we were shooting video, it was actually a really good recorder (and hi res walkman) aided by he fact you could buy standard batteries if you ran out on assignment.

Oh and it was much better with a good microphone

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #2,568 of 42,765
Just checked, no digital out but it could be good for analog amping via line out. I had mine for on the fly recording when we were shooting video, it was actually a really good recorder (and hi res walkman) aided by he fact you could buy standard batteries if you ran out on assignment.

Oh and it was much better with a good microphone

are we talking M10 here?... those bunny-ears are beginning to look attractive, think Hefner might of been onto something back in the day...
wink_face.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #2,575 of 42,765
Thats what im about to find out, dont think I've charged it properly yet.my zx100 goes quite fast via the Sony dugital out cable into mojo,gets me thru 7-10 albums in hr ot just flac.
do you get out the quoted 10 hours or so on mojo?

Reporting on the battery life, after pretty much second full charge in off position, disappointingly i got not more than 3 hours before the red started blinking..not happy
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #2,578 of 42,765

Reporting on the battery life, after pretty much second full charge in off position, disappointingly i got not more than 3 hours before the red started blinking..not happy
frown.gif

I believe you're talking about ZX100's battery life, when using digital out.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #2,580 of 42,765
I bought them for the noise cancellation, but I never got use to it, so I rarely try it out.

The noise cancelling works really well. On plane compared with friends top end Bose. He thought the Sony did a better job of cutting out the noise. I thought his Bose were marginally better for cutting noise out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back