Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #24,691 of 42,765
I think it's RF because when I pull the phone away from mojo even just 1 foot the noise is gone. So my guess is rf.... But I just use WiFi... I don't understand why rf, no normal phone radio is on in airplane mode... This is a big deal for me as I need to stack my setup

Try changing bands (2.4GHz or 5GHz) and channels within each band.

Also if your device allows you to control Tx power attenuation (probably not unless you rooted your device), try padding it down.

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #24,692 of 42,765
So is there no explanation for why the Mojo hisses when you plug it into power when turned off?

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #24,693 of 42,765
So is there no explanation for why the Mojo hisses when you plug it into power when turned off?

Yes, the explanation is in the third post of this thread and has been asked/answered many many times. It's in the section for battery and charging near the bottom of the post.

The short story it's normal with some chargers.

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #24,694 of 42,765

Yes, the explanation is in the third post of this thread and has been asked/answered many many times. It's in the section for battery and charging near the bottom of the post.

The short story it's normal with some chargers.

Thanks. Dang, that's a bummer. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #24,696 of 42,765
Try changing bands (2.4GHz or 5GHz) and channels within each band.

Also if your device allows you to control Tx power attenuation (probably not unless you rooted your device), try padding it down.

Do you mean wrapping thr phone or mojo with some type of cloth or material? Any material that blocks RF? Anything I could do would help

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #24,697 of 42,765
Do you mean wrapping thr phone or mojo with some type of cloth or material? Any material that blocks RF? Anything I could do would help
which phone? I use three different phones and havnt heard any noises.

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #24,698 of 42,765

I suppose you could get RF absorber, but I think it's expensive, and covering the Mojo with it will definitely cause it to overheat.

I think you misunderstood me... A pad is an RF world term for an attenuator. Most 802.11 chipsets have a digital attenuator feature, which is what I was referring to... But this is usually a low level register that has to be memory mapped by the OS. It's probably not available to you unless you rooted your phone and have some driver level access.

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #24,699 of 42,765
which phone? I use three different phones and havnt heard any noises.

Moto g1 (use it solely as transport for. Mojo) but once a while it just makes noise and I can hear it over the music... Total bummer. I just need to stack on top of each other because of pocket transport... I need to be mobile.. But I need it to be with a phone

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #24,700 of 42,765
Moto g1 (use it solely as transport for. Mojo) but once a while it just makes noise and I can hear it over the music... Total bummer. I just need to stack on top of each other because of pocket transport... I need to be mobile.. But I need it to be with a phone
This only happens when on Tidal and not playing music thats in your phone?

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #24,702 of 42,765
This only happens when on Tidal and not playing music thats in your phone?

Yeah just went wifi is on, but not always and not constantly, just every 10 mins for like 15 seconds... Enough to interrupt the immersion, enough to annoy and breaks fidelity.

Oct 23, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #24,704 of 42,765
I have the same issue when using Tiday or any other streaming app.  Not just with Mojo, all the portable amps I have......
a while back a guy placed a sheet of metal between his phone and Amp/Dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back