Jul 8, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #19,666 of 42,765

+1 :thumbsup:

My sister has it, it's amazing.

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #19,670 of 42,765

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #19,671 of 42,765
sublime!

JwtRoYM.jpg

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #19,672 of 42,765
I have just being trying to get the Mojo to work on a manual input selection in my PC settings. Not happening though.

I have my PC on the USB input, and a DAB tuner on the optical input. It means that every time I have the PC on, I have to remove the USB cable to have the tuner on. USB being the default number one input selection.

My worry is that eventually I may damage the USB input on the Mojo, from unplugging and plugging. I mean I don't do it often at all, but it does worry me. Plus it's a hassle, and the USB input is miniscule.

I tried leaving the optical cable in from the DAB tuner, then disabling the Chord Mojo from the PC. However the Mojo still shows the input signal from the PC on the power button. Therefor no sound from the tuner.

Please does anyone have any ideas?

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #19,674 of 42,765
Jul 8, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #19,675 of 42,765
My budget only allows me to choose between ex1000 or akg. I really don't see any point for my needs anyway to spend more than 400gbp on an iem which is what these cost.

I agree with Relic's early comment about getting an IEM that is technically good. A while back, I was on the market for a set of IEMs and a did a bit of research on these 2. I have not heard these myself, so take my input with lumps of salt. For more in-depth info you need to ask in the respective threads. But here is something to get you started:

Purely from a technical standpoint, AKG 3003 should be better. It is a hybrid IEM and so it has the benefit of Dynamic Driver (Bass and Decay), and BA Driver (Accuracy and Detail). One complaint that I have come across quite a times about the AKG is that it is a slightly bright IEM. Some have even said the tuning is similar to the Sennheiser HD800. Not sure if the included tuning filters help to reduce the brightness, but that would be something to consider. It also does not have a removable cable but the cable has an inline remote and mic. For GBP 400, I would say it is a steal as long as the sound is up your alley.

Sony EX1000 is a Dynamic Driver. I have read nothing but great things about this one as well. Similar to the AKG, EX1000 is also known to have a bright treble. I have never understood Sony’s design philosophy when it comes to IEMs. But many have confirmed it is very comfortable. It has a detached cable with no mic or remote. 

One other IEM that I have tried and would recommend is the Earsonics Velvet. It is excellent from a technical standpoint. But the Velvets are not tuned flat. They have a V shaped sound. I returned the Velvets because the bright treble caused fatigue. On the contrary, many have said that it is one of the smoothest IEM. So I am not sure if it was just my unit or my ears. If you like/can handle bright treble, it would be a worthy consideration.

Once again, I have not heard the K3003 and the EX1000 myself. Just sharing some info that I gathered a while back.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #19,676 of 42,765
I have just being trying to get the Mojo to work on a manual input selection in my PC settings. Not happening though.

I have my PC on the USB input, and a DAB tuner on the optical input. It means that every time I have the PC on, I have to remove the USB cable to have the tuner on. USB being the default number one input selection.

My worry is that eventually I may damage the USB input on the Mojo, from unplugging and plugging. I mean I don't do it often at all, but it does worry me. Plus it's a hassle, and the USB input is miniscule.

I tried leaving the optical cable in from the DAB tuner, then disabling the Chord Mojo from the PC. However the Mojo still shows the input signal from the PC on the power button. Therefor no sound from the tuner.

Please does anyone have any ideas?

You nailed it. What is Mojo missing is manual input selection. It can not have everything anyway.

Now back to your issue. In order to deselect USB selection you need to remove the 5V from USB computer port It is how Mojo is selecting it ( once connected). Then you may, by software settings, remove your USB port. I didn't try it yet. Pls note that I annoy sure it is enough for switching off the 5V.

In case your external device is plugged in coaxial jack it will have priority vs optical(when no USB). In that case, no way, you need to unplug jack for activating Toslink.

With Mojo port priorities are:
1 USB
2 coaxial
3 Toslink.

Hope it helps.
Rgds.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #19,677 of 42,765
Now that the AK70 has reached stockists, I am already noticing a trickle of AK100s being sold, on the secondhand market, so if anyone still wants one, to stack with Mojo, then now would be a good time to keep your eyes on the classifieds.   Makes no odds to me; just mentioned it for those it may interest.

Then again... we will eventually see an SD-reader module, which will make things rather interesting, to say the least!

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #19,679 of 42,765

Then again... we will eventually see an SD-reader module, which will make things rather interesting, to say the least!

SD-reader module...Do you mean we should turn head towards Chord? :smirk:
Rgds.

Not yet, as it is unclear how long the development may take, for the SD reader module, but Chord have stated that they are intending to produce one.

If anyone needs to find a transport for their Mojo, then the existing options would probably be best, to avoid losing listening time with Mojo.

But if someone already has a smartphone stacked with Mojo, and they're happy with it, but are contemplating investing in a DAP to stack with Mojo, then it might be worth them waiting for the SD module, instead, if they are patient.

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #19,680 of 42,765
Now back to your issue. In order to deselect USB selection you need to remove the 5V from USB computer port It is how Mojo is selecting it ( once connected). Then you may, by software settings, remove your USB port. I didn't try it yet. 

Googling USB power brings up quite a bit of information, but I am not sure that it will help you.
It seems like it is possible to check the BIOS settings, and set the USB power to off - but presumably this would cut the 5v power line to everything such as keyboards, wired mouse as well. 
However some of the settings relate to cutting the 5V supply whilst the PC is in hiberbate mode, so you could leave the MOJO plugged into both the PC and the tuner, and the MOJO would detect only the tuner.

I suppose one option is a DIY cable, with a switch in the 5V line, so that you can cut the power signal, without unplugging the MOJO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back