Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 26, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #18,121 of 42,765
Welp, thats my Mojo delivered. Why oh why does it require ten hours charging, I'm too impatient! Haha. I will just have to wait. Really looking forward to hearing this little bit of kit. 
Then just use it now.

May 26, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #18,123 of 42,765
More Android resampling literature here. We will likely see resampling minimized in Android N. Also I'm not sure that this info covers USB output as well.
Very interesting. I'll have to check out the Recovery. Thanks for sharing!

Forgive me, I'm new to android.  When you say Android N does that mean the OS after marshmallow and that i'll be able to use N with my S7 edge after a simple update? If so, i'll be ecstatic.  Upsampling is my only issue with the glorious S7 edge.

May 26, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #18,124 of 42,765
with mojo a good short USB cable with a single ferrite choke is the best option . I don't think it will require any relocking thing as the transfer through USB is asynchronous. problem is not jitter but noise which sometimes travels through usb adding a jitterbug between mojo and source may further improves the sound by cleaning the data stream of emi and rfi. jitterbug however not recognized by Android yet . a windows tab with foobar using asio and jitterbug in between with short USB cable having ferrite core may be the best and very cheap transport imho. tab may be less noisy as compare to laptop.

May 26, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #18,125 of 42,765
Forgive me, I'm new to android.  When you say Android N does that mean the OS after marshmallow and that i'll be able to use N with my S7 edge after a simple update? If so, i'll be ecstatic.  Upsampling is my only issue with the glorious S7 edge.

Yes the next Android OS update.

That's the hope, but there are many unknowns, including whether the S7 uses some other kind of audio implementation, and whether this non-re-sampling approach will be applied to USB out.

May 26, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #18,126 of 42,765
Hey,
I am trying to establish a toslink connection from my PS4 to Mojo and from there to Riva turbo x.
I get an orange sample rate indication but the speaker is making no sound when it is connected via the stock cable from Riva.
I used the Riva together with Mojo many times using the same analog cable. I also ruled out Mojos Toslink In and the Toslink cable. I selected Optical as primary audio output for the PS4.
Any Ideas?

Cheers

May 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #18,127 of 42,765
Hey,
I am trying to establish a toslink connection from my PS4 to Mojo and from there to Riva turbo x.
I get an orange sample rate indication but the speaker is making no sound when it is connected via the stock cable from Riva.
I used the Riva together with Mojo many times using the same analog cable. I also ruled out Mojos Toslink In and the Toslink cable. I selected Optical as primary audio output for the PS4.
Any Ideas?

Cheers

Did you change the audio settings on the ps4?

You will probably have to change the output on the ps4 to PCM/stereo, since the Mojo doesn't have a Dolby Digital or DTS converter.

May 26, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #18,128 of 42,765
  Welp, thats my Mojo delivered. Why oh why does it require ten hours charging, I'm too impatient! Haha. I will just have to wait. Really looking forward to hearing this little bit of kit.

100x100px-LS-d903c334_oV4qUqu.jpeg

Wellp you could spend some time on the phone but not so long that will make you this tired and cranky?
blink.gif

May 26, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #18,129 of 42,765
Did you change the audio settings on the ps4?

You will probably have to change the output on the ps4 to PCM/stereo, since the Mojo doesn't have a Dolby Digital or DTS converter.

YEAH seems this did the trick :wink:
Thanks

May 26, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #18,130 of 42,765
  Quick question....

When Mojo is fully charged the led should turn off, right?

it's been 5h and still on, not blinking though.
I'm using 2A charger.

With regards to the newer wall chargers from major phone brands, I've noticed majority will drop to trickle charge when they "sense" that the battery is reaching full charge.
Usually you will notice most mobiles will charge quite quickly up to about 80-90% and then take like forever to top off the rest. I'm guessing this is the reason why some users are reporting slightly longer charge times.

This is of course my own opinion and experience.

May 26, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #18,132 of 42,765

Mojo very rarely requires that long to charge. Please read, and follow, the thread title. There is a huge amount of information there, including discussion of charging times, and other aspects.

May 26, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #18,133 of 42,765
For PC use do external DACs with balanced output (such as an MX-DAC) when used with a balanced amplifier offer any advantage over a Mojo combined with a normal headphone amplifier with single ended output? I'm not sure whether the Mojo is suitable for use with my Stax SR-007 (which has XLR inputs) and HD800S. 

May 26, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #18,135 of 42,765
Finally got my Mojo. I'm stacking with my Nexus 5 for portable use. So far no EMI/interference issues. Also no luck modifying the audio policy file to disable upsampling. However, Uapp with Tidal works pretty damn well. Absolutely no issues on that front so far.

Will be upgrading to Android N tonight to test out resampling behavior. Will report back with findings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back