Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 26, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #18,106 of 42,765
jRiver MC + MOJO
It just doesn't change/adjust sampling rate.

MOJO works straight away with VOX though.

Please, can someone guide me how to set it?

cheers!

all sorted now.

May 26, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #18,107 of 42,765
Sure!
1)The Wyrd4Sound Recovery helps to clean and re-clock the digital stream being fed to the Mojo with the use of a Femto clock. I find the Recovery to add a bit of immediacy to the leading edges in my music.

Very nice desktop class portable rig, but I thought the MOJO is async with almost non-existent jitter, so it would deal with what this thing is supposed to do ?
Again it must be additive in some way from the source material adding some kind of perceived "zing" to the music (?)

May 26, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #18,108 of 42,765
Thank you! You might be right about the Recovery adding a perceived something. According to John from DAR Audio it adds "jump" factor.

May 26, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #18,112 of 42,765
Thank you! You might be right about the Recovery adding a perceived something. According to John from DAR Audio it adds "jump" factor.

Not with all sources or DACs is what he mentions. The worse the input or the DAC better the Recovery does its job. :wink:

Interesting that you notice a difference as Rob has pointed out in detail why his DACs are immune to jitter and that such jitter removal gear is completely unnecessary with the Mojo. I imagine there is some other cleanup happening here. Curious to know precisely what you hear the Recovery doing to the sound. Not debating what you hear, just curious.

May 26, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #18,113 of 42,765
My Mojo is noisy while charging...
oh damn it. 
:frowning2:

from Chord:
"The charging noise that you are hearing is completely normal and nothing to worry about at all. All of our Mojo units emit this sound.
What you have been reading about is a completely different issue which effected a very very small number of units back when Mojo was first released. The noise was not related to charging, it was down to an out of tolerance resistor that caused a hissing noise when no audio was playing through the headphones."

May 26, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #18,114 of 42,765
For those of you in the UK who are thinking about using Moon Audio. I ordered an AK to Mojo Toslink Form Fit cable on Monday and it arrived Thursday morning.

I took the Fedex International Priority option which cost $28 and include great tracking info

Moon Audio service highly recommended!

May 26, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #18,116 of 42,765
Quick question....

When Mojo is fully charged the led should turn off, right?

it's been 5h and still on, not blinking though.
I'm using 2A charger.
correct

May 26, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #18,119 of 42,765

Not with all sources or DACs is what he mentions. The worse the input or the DAC better the Recovery does its job.
wink.gif

Interesting that you notice a difference as Rob has pointed out in detail why his DACs are immune to jitter and that such jitter removal gear is completely unnecessary with the Mojo. I imagine there is some other cleanup happening here. Curious to know precisely what you hear the Recovery doing to the sound. Not debating what you hear, just curious.

If you allow me, I am also curious about what is heard.

I have been interested in such kind of Noise/jitter removals or USB galvanic's isolators since my desktop computer is quite noisy.
After reading quite a lot at a scientific/measurement point of  view it appears that those equipment add more distorsion than they remove.

Now at a sounding point of view what they had may be pleasant such as tube amps for example. That is the reason why I am also interested in knowing what they bring for sound.

Regarding jitter/noise removal, witjout entering into details, please note that there are several kind of noises/jitters taking place at:
- ADC level (before CD/ digital files )
- source level (DAP/laptops/Phones,etc)
- transport level ( cables/ioutside interferences IEM)
- DAC level.
Those USB purifiers may improve power noise, output/input impedance, clocking but they can not remove ADC or source level noises.

You may improve noise/jitter at transport level by using:
- optical fiber TOSLINK
- coaxial shielded 75Ohms S/PDIF
- USB with ferrrite/chokes .

Indeed it is a vast and controversial subject As Relic wrote I am not putting in doubt whatever audio benefits some may heard.
Mysellf I tend to prefer sound from USB vs Optical despite what Chord explained.
Rgds

May 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #18,120 of 42,765
Welp, thats my Mojo delivered. Why oh why does it require ten hours charging, I'm too impatient! Haha. I will just have to wait. Really looking forward to hearing this little bit of kit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back