Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 25, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #18,076 of 42,765
I play FLAC, ALAC and DSD files using my iPod Touch, Mojo and KSE1500. All you need is an app like Onkyo HF Player and it is digital out into the Mojo in high resolution. Be careful when giving advice when you have no idea what you are talking about.
Ever tried : N7 Player or Jetaudio ? To me they have a cleaner sound.

May 25, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #18,077 of 42,765
Ever tried : N7 Player or Jetaudio ? To me they have a cleaner sound.

No I have not. Which in your opinion is better? Also, it is easy to add files from my iTunes library to the app?

I dislike iTunes in general but as a storage management system it is quite good. Also, I use FLACTunes on my iMac to convert all my music to ALAC in native resolution.

May 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #18,078 of 42,765
Excuse my ignorance here... but what difference does it make what app you use to play your FLAC files on an iPhone when using the Mojo if you're just pulling raw digital data out of the phone via the Lightning port?
I'm currently using Vox.. so how would a different player improve sound if i'm using the Mojo? 
(i don't really mess with EQ much, so i'm talking about comparing the apps playing the music "flat")

May 25, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #18,079 of 42,765
Excuse my ignorance here... but what difference does it make what app you use to play your FLAC files on an iPhone when using the Mojo if you're just pulling raw digital data out of the phone via the Lightning port?
I'm currently using Vox.. so how would a different player improve sound if i'm using the Mojo? 

(i don't really mess with EQ much, so i'm talking about comparing the apps playing the music "flat")

controversial question....

I think signal should be bitperfect, therefore the same.

but........

May 25, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #18,080 of 42,765

I agree. I am no electrical engineer so like you I just figured as long as it was bit perfect it would not matter. However, I asked jmills because experience has taught me that not all 0s and 1s are the same.

May 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #18,081 of 42,765
Please correct me if I am wrong. As I seem to have understood only partially.

I guess the processing could make a difference (Not sure what term to use exactly here. But what I am referring to, is the processing that happens, from reading the 1s and 0s, to feeding it to Mojo). People say that they prefer Audirvana + as it uses iZotope 64. Vox for iOS outputs 32bit data (not to be confused with the 16 or 24 bit depth of the audio signal) to Mojo.
Edit: That last sentence was wrong. I am trying to read more on it.

May 25, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #18,083 of 42,765
I play FLAC, ALAC and DSD files using my iPod Touch, Mojo and KSE1500. All you need is an app like Onkyo HF Player and it is digital out into the Mojo in high resolution. Be careful when giving advice when you have no idea what you are talking about.

And how exactly do you import FLAC files to your idevice, since you are tied down to Apples walled garden of security, there is no such thing as copy and paste on the iPhone or any other idevice, everything has to go through iTunes "the Apple police is watching", I own an iPod Touch, last generation and should know this, now if you tell me you use the up-conversion process in iTunes like Apple lossless, AIFF, ACC or WAV for your CD's, that's not FLAC or DSD. I use Fubar2000 to playback FLAC and DSD files on my W10 PC, and just copy and paste from my PC the FLAC or DSD file or "Folder" that I downloaded from www.hdtracks.com to my Android device, like my Nexus 6 or Nexus 5X or Note4 or my Sony ZX2 DAP http://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-zx2  and use Power Amp to play back such formats on the smartphones.

May 25, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #18,084 of 42,765
  And how exactly do you import FLAC files to your idevice, since you are tied down to Apples walled garden of security, there is no such thing as copy and paste on the iPhone or any other idevice, everything has to go through iTunes "the Apple police is watching", I own an iPod Touch, last generation and should know this, now if you tell me you use the up-conversion process in iTunes like Apple lossless, AIFF, ACC or WAV for your CD's, that's not FLAC or DSD. I use Fubar2000 to playback FLAC and DSD files on my W10 PC, and just copy and paste from my PC the FLAC or DSD file or "Folder" that I downloaded from www.hdtracks.com to my Android device, like my Nexus 6 or Nexus 5X or Note4 or my Sony ZX2 and use Power Amp to play back such formats on the smartphones.

You're kidding, right? It's clear you haven't looked into it too closely, as it's so easy my dog could do it.

Step 1: Connect your iPhone or iPod to your computer and launch iTunes
Step 2: Within iTunes, go to your device management section and select "Apps"
Step 3: Scroll down to the App you're using (Onkyo HF Player, iAudioGate, whatever)
Step 4: Drag whichever files you want into the big empty box on the bottom right)
Step 5: Enjoy your music

May 25, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #18,085 of 42,765

You're kidding, right? It's clear you haven't looked into it too closely, as it's so easy my dog could do it.

Step 1: Connect your iPhone or iPod to your computer and launch iTunes
Step 2: Within iTunes, go to your device management section and select "Apps"
Step 3: Scroll down to the App you're using (Onkyo HF Player, iAudioGate, whatever)
Step 4: Drag whichever files you want into the big empty box on the bottom right)
Step 5: Enjoy your music

Thanks, you could have left the sarcasm out of it, plenty of wise guys on the www.

May 25, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #18,086 of 42,765
Trust me - I'm not the wisest of wise guys. But you had plenty of snark in your pointed words about Apple, so I figured you could handle a little dose back.

:wink:

May 25, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #18,087 of 42,765
Trust me - I'm not the wisest of wise guys. But you had plenty of snark in your pointed words about Apple, so I figured you could handle a little dose back.

:wink:

Nothing snarky About Apple, it's the truth, why did you get offended, do you work for Apple or are you another iSheep, I own numerous different devices, I have no allegiance to any company like some people who have been brain washed. Again you would have to go through iTunes to download your FLAC or DSD files to a CERTAIN app to have those files work "no copy and paste", I stand corrected regarding Apple and their secret walled garden. Figures, crappy iTunes giving me errors syncing my iPod Touch, looks like iTunes is still crap.

May 25, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #18,088 of 42,765
I didn't get offended -- I was in disbelief. You're clearly a smart enough guy in the world of tech based on the various platforms and devices you listed. That's why it was humorous to see you come in guns a blazin' towards playing FLAC on Apple, essentially telling everyone it wasn't possible. A simple search would have told you how it was possible, and all of the Apps we've listed have nice tutorials on loading files...super simple.

But instead, you threw shots at Apple...I gave a little snark back...and now you're calling me an Apple employee and/or a sheep and/or brainwashed. There are lots of great options for listening to high quality tracks on Apple...I hope you get some figured out if that's what you're after.

May 25, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #18,089 of 42,765
  I didn't get offended -- I was in disbelief. You're clearly a smart enough guy in the world of tech based on the various platforms and devices you listed. That's why it was humorous to see you come in guns a blazin' towards playing FLAC on Apple, essentially telling everyone it wasn't possible. A simple search would have told you how it was possible, and all of the Apps we've listed have nice tutorials on loading files...super simple.

But instead, you threw shots at Apple...I gave a little snark back...and now you're calling me an Apple employee and/or a sheep and/or brainwashed. There are lots of great options for listening to high quality tracks on Apple...I hope you get some figured out if that's what you're after.

These are new apps that did not exist before, also it is ass backwards compared to W10 and Android , not only can't you copy and paste the whole file with this iTunes method "you are also tied down to iTunes with any iDevice, which is an utter joke", your only option is to download each FLAC file "each individual track" which is a complete joke, how do you make a folder, in W10 it's as easy as taking candy from as baby, all the FLAC files are automatically downloaded to your Windows Folder that is named HDTracks, anytime you connect an Android based device, all you have to do is just go to your HDTracks folder "or whatever you name it" go to the album that you downloaded "not each track" copy and paste it to your Android devices Music folder "or whatever you named it", and you are done, the whole album will be downloaded with the name of the Album and album art. iTunes crashed while downloading the FLAC files, LMAO, sorry but Apple is just crapple in my book. Also the Onkyo HF player to play your FLAC and DSD files you would have to buy Onkyo HD player pack, which is a paid version that is $10, LMAO, what a complete joke.

May 25, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #18,090 of 42,765

These are new apps that did not exist before, also it is ass backwards compared to W10 and Android , not only can't you copy and paste the whole file with this iTunes method 

This isn't true.  There have been apps for YEARS where you can do exactly what brent75 said above.  Vox has been around for ages and you can just drag and drop entire folders into it like he said in a post above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back