Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 24, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #18,047 of 42,765
I lucked out on the timing. It was "signature required" and I just happened to be at home for lunch when UPS delivered. And since I headed back to work, it will sit un-bothered and charging for at least 5 or more hours now. And with my two boys climbing all over me as soon as I get home, it will probably sit another 3 hours before I even have a free second of temptation to stick a headphone in.
wink_face.gif

May 24, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #18,048 of 42,765
I lucked out on the timing. It was "signature required" and I just happened to be at home for lunch when UPS delivered. And since I headed back to work, it will sit un-bothered and charging for at least 5 or more hours now. And with my two boys climbing all over me as soon as I get home, it will probably sit another 3 hours before I even have a free second of temptation to stick a headphone in. :wink_face:

Mine was delivered at 6pm. I put it on charge immediately. I was surprised with my own self control.

Come 7pm, I wasn't surprised anymore :wink:

May 24, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #18,049 of 42,765
Loving the A10 and Mojo combo. Both work in tandem, in bringing out the best in each other. 95% of my music files are 256 or 320 MP3. I was planning on upgrading my library from MP3 to 16/44 FLAC, but the thought of it was scary. Mojo seems to do so well with even the MP3s, that I am not sure if I want to go down the route of upgrading to FLACs. Or even if I want to, I can take my time.

It seems like everything I download now is available in FLAC anyway, I can tell a difference between mp3 and flac.

I used to seek out HD vinyl rips of my fav albums-mostly in 24/192. Now I know first hand that 16_44.1 CD rips are almost always better. The occadional problem with CD masters is that the masterer often handicaps the dynamic range. The only thing that IMO sounds better than a CD rip through Mojo is an SACD rip.

May 24, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #18,050 of 42,765
Yesterday I spotted a dealer advertising an ex-demo Mojo, so I snapped it up. I have received an email saying that it shipped today, and it should arrive at the end of this week.

Hopefully there will be no issues with it (missing cables etc), and much pleasure awaits at the weekend.  

May 24, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #18,053 of 42,765
At the Spring Tokyo Headphone Festival, Mojo was adorned with the highest accolade and entered into the Hall of Fame. Cool.

Link (I wish I could read Japanese):

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/user_data/hpfes-award2016s.php#grandprix

May 24, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #18,055 of 42,765
  I lucked out on the timing. It was "signature required" and I just happened to be at home for lunch when UPS delivered. And since I headed back to work, it will sit un-bothered and charging for at least 5 or more hours now. And with my two boys climbing all over me as soon as I get home, it will probably sit another 3 hours before I even have a free second of temptation to stick a headphone in.
wink_face.gif

After you get a good feel of how it sounds, make sure to post your impressions! 
smile.gif

May 24, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #18,056 of 42,765
That initial charge is a killer, fortunately I wasn't prepared when my mojo was delivered. Couldn't get it to play with any of my sources. A few hours later, I acquired an OTG cable from Radio Shack. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even charged it before I played it. No patience.

May 24, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #18,057 of 42,765
That initial charge is a killer, fortunately I wasn't prepared when my mojo was delivered. Couldn't get it to play with any of my sources. A few hours later, I acquired an OTG cable from Radio Shack. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even charged it before I played it. No patience.

My USPS guy delivered it to me around 12:50 pm and I usually leave for school at around 1. I listened to a couple of songs pre-charge and I was already impressed (It was a giant teaser). I put it to charge and went off to school. I kept thinking about listening to it the entire day. 7 hours later I return home and the Mojo is fully charged and exceeded my expectations. 

May 25, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #18,058 of 42,765

Lucky you..

My USPS guy delivered it to me around 12:50 pm and I usually leave for school at around 1. I listened to a couple of songs pre-charge and I was already impressed (It was a giant teaser). I put it to charge and went off to school. I kept thinking about listening to it the entire day. 7 hours later I return home and the Mojo is fully charged and exceeded my expectations. 

May be an expression should be made out of this: Charge the Mojo - Resist Something Irresistible

May 25, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #18,059 of 42,765
So irresistable, I bought two :p

My TRRS to TS right angle plug cable from Dyson Audio arrived. It can be used to connect Fiio X5II or X7 to Mojo's coax input. I will post photos of it, as well as the Custom Cable UK straight plug TRRS to TS cable too.

May 25, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #18,060 of 42,765

Matches iphone SE size great too (same width!)

I have been looking at that phone too (tell the truth iPhone SE or iPod Touch 6th Gen)

Waiting on Chord attachment to see which way I may possibly go.

I updated UAPP from the Play store today. Now it won't recognise the Mojo. Has anyone else had this problem?

What version UAPP do you have

I have 2.6.4 and I have got this to work with Mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back