Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 23, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #18,016 of 42,765
Nah it's just a simple wywires 4pin XLR female to 3.5mm TRRS male adapter. I guess it can't be used with the mojo :frowning2:

No, the Mojo doesn't accept a TRRS plug and yes, you may short something without a ground.

Just get another adaptor that goes XLR to 3.5mm TRS.

May 23, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #18,017 of 42,765
Happy Mojo owner here..was pairing it with my iphone.  

Recently bought a Fiio X3 ii so that i could stack. Ordered a coax cable from Custom Cable UK but while the mojo is playing music, it is constantly showing red, even though none of my files are mp3 or anything less than 24hz FLACs (i know as this was working perfectly with the iphone CCK combo)..

Is there something I'm missing. Such a downer to see the red colour for the high resolution collection.. :frowning2: 

Any thing that im doing wrong? Is the cable wrong (it shouldnt be else it wouldnt output at all.right?)

May 23, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #18,018 of 42,765
Happy Mojo owner here..was pairing it with my iphone.  

Recently bought a Fiio X3 ii so that i could stack. Ordered a coax cable from Custom Cable UK but while the mojo is playing music, it is constantly showing red, even though none of my files are mp3 or anything less than 24hz FLACs (i know as this was working perfectly with the iphone CCK combo)..

Is there something I'm missing. Such a downer to see the red colour for the high resolution collection.. :frowning2: 

Any thing that im doing wrong? Is the cable wrong (it shouldnt be else it wouldnt output at all.right?)

There is no 24hz FLAC.. You mean 24 bit. The sampling rate indicator of red means 44.1 kHz, which could be 16bit/44.1kHz lossy format (MP3, AAC, etc), 16bit/44.1kHz lossless format (FLAC, ALAC, WAVE, AIFF, etc), or you can have high resolution FLAC files that are still 24bit/44.1kHz sampling rate.

Make sure that your x3ii firmware is up to date and that you indeed are playing at a sampling rate above 44.1kHz and not just 24bit/44.1kHz files. The Mojo indicator is for the sampling rate only.

May 23, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #18,019 of 42,765
There is no 24hz FLAC.. You mean 24 bit. The sampling rate indicator of red means 44.1 kHz, which could be 16bit/44.1kHz lossy format (MP3, AAC, etc), 16bit/44.1kHz lossless format (FLAC, ALAC, WAVE, AIFF, etc). You can have high resolution FLAC files that are still 24bit/44.1kHz sampling rate.

Make sure that your x3ii firmware is up to date and that you indeed are playing at a sampling rate above 44.1kHz and not just 24bit/44.1kHz files. The Mojo indicator is for the sampling rate only.

Hi sorry I meant 24bit. Like I mentioned, when I use the same files on the iPhone with the CCK and the onkyo app, the indicator for the sampling rate correspond to the resolution. This is why I'm a bit confused when I'm trying to use the same file (copied to a SD card and used via the x3ii) the colour only shows red.

I'll check with updating the firmware - hope that would help

May 23, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #18,020 of 42,765
Hi sorry I meant 24bit. Like I mentioned, when I use the same files on the iPhone with the CCK and the onkyo app, the indicator for the sampling rate correspond to the resolution. This is why I'm a bit confused when I'm trying to use the same file (copied to a SD card and used via the x3ii) the colour only shows red.

I'll check with updating the firmware - hope that would help

Check the settings in the Onkyo app as it more than likely is up sampling. Your x3ii will display the correct sampling rate at the beginning of the track. What is the sampling rate it shows?

The sampling rate indicator does not show the resolution (16bit, 24bit, 32bit). It shows the sampling rate.

May 23, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #18,021 of 42,765
Check the settings in the Onkyo app as it more than likely is up sampling. Your x3ii will display the correct sampling rate at the beginning of the track. What is the sampling rate it shows?

The sampling rate indicator does not show the resolution (16bit, 24bit, 32bit). It shows the sampling rate.

Thanks a lot. You were right the onkyo app setting was upsampling which threw me off. It makes sense now.

Much appreciated. I was really panicking as I love the mojo and the Fiio stack for its compactness (relative).

May 23, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #18,022 of 42,765
After hearing people say low power mode on android improved sound quality I had to try. This is subjective: I do feel the quality was ever so slightly better-especially the detail or resolution. On a related topic; Mojo w/airplane mode is staggeringly better than Mojo w/o airplane mode.

May 23, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #18,023 of 42,765
I was thinking Moon audio silver dragon usb and synergistic research, but looked up SR, and it's $395 for 1 meter. Too much. Just have this thing since speaker days, going all copper cables for a setup makes the sound too dark and husky. Anyone use silver dragon with Mojo? Need that juicy jump and clarity/air :D

I ise a $7 meenova micro b to micro b otg and the quality is staggering. No need to upgrade the usb cable IMO.

May 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #18,024 of 42,765
Thanks to everyone for explaining the benefits of using a DAP in conjunction with the Mojo.

What's the cheapest Android-based DAP that provides access to Google Play? Most of my music listening is on Tidal via the USB Audio app via OTG USB.

Has anyone stacked a Fiio X7 with the Mojo and can compare it to how an Android phone sounds via USB?

May 23, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #18,025 of 42,765
I just preordered the official Mojo case from Moon-Audio
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #18,026 of 42,765
Thanks to everyone for explaining the benefits of using a DAP in conjunction with the Mojo.

What's the cheapest Android-based DAP that provides access to Google Play? Most of my music listening is on Tidal via the USB Audio app via OTG USB.

Has anyone stacked a Fiio X7 with the Mojo and can compare it to how an Android phone sounds via USB?

That I know of, it'd be the Pioneer XDP-100R or the FiiO X7 ... they seem to be the same MSRP; maybe there's differentiation in their actual selling prices though.

There might be others, but those are the two cheapest (of the three, total, currently available that I know of) I'm aware of.

Can't comment on the X7 vs. a phone as a transport.

May 23, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #18,027 of 42,765

look into cayin i5, coming out soon. They worked with music player app company.

May 24, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #18,028 of 42,765
anyone wanting that cable can look here
http://www.lelong.com.my/uranus-silver-plated-6n-occ-3-5mm-to-3-5mm-coaxial-cable-starspicker-I2449751C-2007-01-Sale-I.html

try asking and maybe there is overseas shipping possible

May 24, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #18,030 of 42,765
Guys i got the silver OTG cable from penonaudio, and there is some difference in sound quality w.r.t. normal USB cable.
Even it's all digital, there is a change :frowning2: and now i got to know what i was missing from last 4 month is my Mojo.

The cable cost me $29, all worth it. I will order forza cable soon, to do some AB testing.
But for sure, these are better than normal USB cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back