Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 28, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #16,937 of 42,765
Apr 28, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #16,938 of 42,765
Slightly off topic.  Funnily enough I tried Tidal yesterday on my Iphone, took the free trial to find what all the fuss was about. 

Comparing to Spotify, I opened up identical tracks on both apps, making sure they were exactly the same track from the same album.

Genres varied between Jazz, Classical and Dance.

Rather than play one track on Spotify then play the same track on Tidal - (by the time you restart the track your expectation bias kicks in) I did this..

I set up Spotify to play the first 30 seconds, 00:00 - 00:30 and then had Tidal play the next 30 seconds, 00:31 - 01:00 and so on to the end of the track.

I found there was no difference in audio quality between the apps when identical tracks were playing.  It sounded like the same track was being played between both apps, with nothing more than a brief pause in between.  I focused as hard as I could on different aspects of each track, listening to details in each instrument, listening for slight timbre differences, nada. 

i urge anyone who uses either Spotify or Tidal to take out a trial with the other app, bouncing back and forth between apps in 30 second snippets, in random order.  Don't leave it too long between each 30 seconds, switch as quick as you can.  Ensure the wave volume of both Spotify and Tidal is set to maximum (bit perfect) and only controlled via the Mojo.  

After a while you will begin to forget which app is playing the track.  

A true testament that there is no perceivable difference.  Data wise, maybe, but data that my brain can interpret? 

Gear - Mojo, stock He-500 (velours), iPhone 6.  App settings - Tidal - Hifi setting / optimized playback disabled, Spotify 320Kbps, normalisation disabled.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #16,941 of 42,765
Has anyone compared the Mojo to the Chord 2Qute? I have a Mojo but am tempted by a 2Qute. I didn't notice major differences between the Mojo and Hugo, but I guess the Mojo may produce slightly warmer sound. However, the 2Qute may be more convenient for long term use with a PC. If there isn't any major benefit in getting a 2Qute I'd rather save my money. Thanks in advance.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #16,942 of 42,765
The 2qute is "Essentially a Hugo in a Chordette chassis" taken from chords homepage.
Cheers

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #16,943 of 42,765
  Really enjoying my Mojo. Would like to know if there is any way to turn off the lights completely. Even when I have them dimmed, they are annoying to have on all the time. Thanks for any help.

No, I believe not, the only way to turn them off is to turn off the Mojo - which is not ideal at night, e.g. while your other half is trying to sleep!
eek.gif

People who have the Mojo seem to be very tolerant and perhaps a little hypnotized by the lights.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #16,946 of 42,765
hello , no but what is strange is that the onkyo apply works fine
that one does all the others can but it has something to do with newer phones usb.older phones can get over 12 players to work. There are ways around your road block but I lack skills.

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #16,949 of 42,765
A lot of you are saying things like "Oh yea, after I got mojo I spent way more on audiophile stuff, I got more headphones, etc".  Something similar happened to me, I spent way more too-but on music.  Even genre's I disliked got money thrown their way. #stereophile #metalbandcamp

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #16,950 of 42,765
  A lot of you are saying things like "Oh yea, after I got mojo I spent way more on audiophile stuff, I got more headphones, etc".  Something similar happened to me, I spent way more too-but on music.  Even genre's I disliked got money thrown their way. #stereophile #metalbandcamp

Ha!

I had Mojo and Beyerdynamic T1 and was all happy, but spoiled so I needed in ear monitors and one led to another and more dissatisfaction until sold and had to land more expensive in ear!  

Mojo initially saved me money.  I sold desk top DAC and desk top Amp (both fine quality) and I sold portable DAC/Amp.  Everything replaced by Mojo. 

Now I have the Beyer AK T8 ie for portable and the T1.2 for home. 

Next will be the fancy larvicable and then the nice protective cover for Mojo and then the module for Mojo.  

Mojo demands.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back