Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #15,466 of 42,765
I've had a pair of Grado GR10 for about 3 years now. I always felt it was missing some low end grunt and impact. In fact, it was missing a Chord Mojo. Superb SQ from these tiny buds now. On a Sonorous VI it certainly enriches the experience, but it's not such a big change as in the GR10.
Verry happy new Mojo owner over here. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #15,467 of 42,765
  I've had a pair of Grado GR10 for about 3 years now. I always felt it was missing some low end grunt and impact. In fact, it was missing a Chord Mojo. Superb SQ from these tiny buds now. On a Sonorous VI it certainly enriches the experience, but it's not such a big change as in the GR10.
Verry happy new Mojo owner over here. 
etysmile.gif

Funny you should say that. I have had a pair of Grado SR325's for 2 or 3 years. I was always happy with the fluid open sound, but if I could have, I would have added oomph at the low end.
Connected to the Mojo, and I was shocked at how much Bass they suddenly found. It took me a good few weeks to get used to the experience.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #15,470 of 42,765
Hi We at chord are pleased to Congratulate audiOnick128 for guessing the functions of the complex mojo adaptor in development and announce that he will be receiving a Chord Mojo Case when they become available in May.

What??? I had no idea there was a contest!

Congrats nonetheless!

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #15,472 of 42,765
Hi We at chord are pleased to Congratulate audiOnick128 for guessing the functions of the complex mojo adaptor in development and announce that he will be receiving a Chord Mojo Case when they become available in May.

Congrats to the winner! Didn't realize there's a contest..
Help! I have a trrs terminated cable and when I plug it into the mojo all I get is the left channel :frowning2: is there anything wrong with my mojo or the left/right/grounding layout is different For the mojo as it is single ended?

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #15,474 of 42,765
Help! I have a trrs terminated cable and when I plug it into the mojo all I get is the left channel :frowning2: is there anything wrong with my mojo or the left/right/grounding layout is different For the mojo as it is single ended?

Chord Mojo only take in TRS plug, and you have TRRS to plug into it....you may damage the jack slot already, if not it wouldn't work correctly, and like you said, only 1 channel is playing. Please stop plugging TRRS into your Mojo. It only takes TRS plug or Single Ended 3.5mm

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #15,475 of 42,765
Help! I have a trrs terminated cable and when I plug it into the mojo all I get is the left channel
frown.gif
is there anything wrong with my mojo or the left/right/grounding layout is different For the mojo as it is single ended?

Yes lots of hidden competitions 
redface.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/14985#post_12466954
  Sonickarma wins the Chord MoJo 1000 page 1st post competition!

Great Work - John, Rob and the MoJo crew on an 'audio industry disruptor' - well done for setting a new bar.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #15,476 of 42,765
Chord Mojo only take in TRS plug, and you have TRRS to plug into it....you may damage the jack slot already, if not it wouldn't work correctly, and like you said, only 1 channel is playing. Please stop plugging TRRS into your Mojo. It only takes TRS plug or Single Ended 3.5mm

I was advised it would be safe. Didn't realize it would run the risk of damaging anything...Would a female trrs to a male trs 3.5 adapter work?
I keep forgetting which is not allowed: I thought plugging unbalanced trs jack to a balanced trrs was the fatal one but not the other way around..
Thanks for the quick reply btw

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #15,477 of 42,765
I've been gradually updating the various sections of Post #3, but the reason I haven't yet got around to updating the Co-ax section is because I've been seeking some commercially-available single-cable solutions for Fiio owners, and that's not proving too easy, at the moment.

Essentially, Fiio X3ii and X5ii need one of these:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/4080#post_12055224

In this picture, I've photoshopped a picture of a 'Dyson brand' cable, to show the correct pin-out connections if you own a Fiio X3 mk2, or Fiio X5 mk2  (this would not be correct for mk1 versions of those DAPs):

There was recent discussion about 2-cable solutions, here:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/14985#post_12467535

After 4 days, I am still waiting for Phil (Custom-Cables) and Drew (Moon-Audio) to send pics to me, which is a little odd, as I would think they'd be eager for Mojo owners to see their wares.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #15,478 of 42,765

Thanks again.
Also thanks to ddaktiv, Signal 2 noise and xtr4.

BTW I was surprised my last guess from yesterday made it... Guess I landed a lucky punch :)

Cheers

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #15,479 of 42,765
  I've been gradually updating the various sections of Post #3, but the reason I haven't yet got around to updating the Co-ax section is because I've been seeking some commercially-available single-cable solutions for Fiio owners, and that's not proving too easy, at the moment.

Essentially, Fiio X3ii and X5ii need one of these:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/4080#post_12055224

There was recent discussion about 2-cable solutions, here:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/14985#post_12467535

After 4 days, I am still waiting for Phil (Custom-Cables) and Drew (Moon-Audio) to send pics to me, which is a little odd, as I would think they'd be eager for Mojo owners to see their wares.

From China, you can find some options available from Taobao, cheapest ones are about US$12 (search by "Mojo Fiio 3.5mm"). And I'd modified the TRS-coaxial converter cable which came with X3ii or X5ii to 3 poles <-> 4poles 3.5mm coaxial cable. Just cut off the female RCA connector and connect the "signal" and "ground" to pole 1 and 3 (from the tip) of a 3 poles 3.5mm plug respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back