Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 6, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #15,436 of 42,765
Apr 6, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #15,438 of 42,765
@ShreyasMax X7 has more sparkle, but I too prefer mojo. The Mojo does everything a little better. To me, it just sounds more natural, the individual instruments and voices sound more coherent yet they sound separate. Very easy to hear all the sounds. Sorry, best I can really do

Thanks for your inputs, that's exactly what I thought.

Cheers

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #15,439 of 42,765
might be the type of headphones being used, the blue light time may vary. I use Beyer dt880 600 ohm and most mojo plays in the blue color range or even sometime beyond blue too and power light remains blue for about an hour or less in my case but green plays beyond 5 hours easily , red for about half to one hour which is good for me as I have never used the mono battery fully in a day.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #15,440 of 42,765
  I don't have an X7, but I have a Onkyo DP-X1 on the way and a mojo that should be here Thursday.  I was planning on comparing my Note 4 alone, and with the mojo, and then compare that to the X1 alone, and the X-1 with the mojo.  Hopefully that will help you. 

Thanks, yes that should definitely help. Although I've almost made up my mind by now :wink:

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #15,441 of 42,765

Wait a minute....  are you tellin' me Mojo plays music, as well?!!!

No!  because it needs a source because it is only a Dac/Amp!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #15,442 of 42,765
Does anyone have good Mini Toslink (MacBook) to Toslink (Mojo) cable?
I found Mini Toslink-Toslink for cheap on Monoprice. Is this good enough?

That's what I use... Windows 8 though.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #15,443 of 42,765

Wait a minute....  are you tellin' me Mojo plays music, as well?!!!

No!  because it needs a source because it is only a Dac/Amp!!!
evil_smiley.gif

LOL - well, by that reckoning, even a source+Mojo doesn't play music, because it still needs IEMs/CIEMs/Cans before you can hear anything!
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #15,445 of 42,765
currently listening to some piano music in naim sampler in train. even with CD quality mojo is sounding so much more real. I find Beyer dt880 600ohm a very good match as it allows mojo to operate in higher output range and being a neutral headphones, it brings more transparency . this Beyer can sound a bit bright with other sources but not at all with mojo. every piano note is so real. I think piano music is best for comparing DACs . try a well recorded piano piece and mojo may beat many biggies out there purely for sq.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #15,446 of 42,765
@shultzee, how is the sq of mojo against the dacs you mentioned in your post. thanks !

I haven't heard anything that stacks up to the Yggdrasil but that puppy is in its own class.   That aside I am just thrilled with performance of the Mojo.   Great detail retrieval, nice soundstage and depth,  and a sound signature of its own.  I find the music to just be engaging and thoroughly enjoyable.  What Chord did for 599.00 is pretty amazing and imho it competes with Dacs in the 1200.00 range.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #15,447 of 42,765

I haven't heard anything that stacks up to the Yggdrasil but that puppy is in its own class.   That aside I am just thrilled with performance of the Mojo.   Great detail retrieval, nice soundstage and depth,  and a sound signature of its own.  I find the music to just be engaging and thoroughly enjoyable.  What Chord did for 599.00 is pretty amazing and imho it competes with Dacs in the 1200.00 range.

Is there anything that reflects the scientific difference between the two?  

The number of _____s compared to....?

There are subjective reviews with Yggdrasil as there are with Hugo, but I wonder about the actual differences between Yggdrasil and Mojo, since Mojo is considered a close cousin of Hugo.  I assume Dave is in another realm. 

thanks in advance! 

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #15,448 of 42,765
Gosh, imagine the visually impaired using a Mojo. I bet they just "enjoy the music".

I have someone in training to be a Statement Analyst with visual impairment. 

This is to study written statements to discern deception.  After years of concerted study of the written statement, the brain learns to adjust to "discourse analysis", that is, lie detection live, and on the fly.  

The student I have with impairment has his computer audibly read to him the statements.  He is doing stunning work. The work he does in a 400 page text is lengthy and I don't know if I have ever seen anyone this good in just under 6 months!  

True, he may be a gifted listener, but he is years ahead of other, very intelligent professionals, in training, yet without seeing the statement that the others will read, often over and over.  

What fascinates me about your wondering,  is that I, too, have considered what this man would hear with Mojo, since I first got it.  I would love to see what he discerns in good headphones, without even adjusting to Mojo's increase in data.  

Fascinating!  

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #15,449 of 42,765
providing the Sony connection has a standard femail USB plug it will fit fine. I must say about this adaptor! It's no after thought, it protects the vulnerable micro USB connections, it takes both the Apple CCK and a suitable android cable which we will be supplying ( android only ) the adaptor is the shape and size it is to both to swallow completely the large end of the CCK and its size is also to be consistent with following more complex modules additionally it's size allows for it and the Mojo to be banded to a phone leaving the screen free from the bands. Note we have two sizes of case under way with the longer version fitting the mojo and adaptor. I hope that clarifies some points.

I knew I had read that somewhere.

Looking like the longer case and Modules (SD Card and USB/Lightning adapter) for me
L3000.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #15,450 of 42,765
  Thanks for sharing the info. I bought the PowerAmp app which supports FLAC play back. The stock Music app also supports. I feel the stock HTC music player works better when paired with the Mojo, but when I'm using the phone w/o any external amp/DAC, I prefer the PowerAmp.

Now I just need to find or make a better quality OTG cable. The one from China Taobao is cheap but doesn't connect as well as it should.

I have this cable which I find works very well and super quick delivery even to the UK (Got mine in 4 days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back