Chord Hugo
Jun 27, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #5,731 of 15,694

Be happy - I cant get their Japan resellers to ship to Thailand. I'm told it was exactly the same before the coup - particularly annoying when their shipping lanes are so close. 

Have you tried Price-Japan?... they're excellent at getting you gear.

c&p the url of  the item & send it to them and they will give you a quote

http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_main_page.php

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #5,732 of 15,694
OK I'm getting confused.

Playing 16/44 bit tracks out of itunes from Macbook pro.  Connected to the HD USB the Hugo light shows light purple?  Connected to the SD USB no sound??

What is going on?

16/44 out of coaxial from DX90 - light is red BTW

confused.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #5,734 of 15,694
Could it be the music software/driver set up to upsample? It should be red

I've opened Audirvana, selected non upsample, and now working fine. Red and Green when it should be.

BUT When I closed Audirvana down and just used itunes, it got stuck on green ie going from 24/96 to 16/44 it stayed green.  Is there some setting in iTunes I don't know about that might be causing this?

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #5,735 of 15,694
  I've opened Audirvana, selected non upsample, and now working fine. Red and Green when it should be.

BUT When I closed Audirvana down and just used itunes, it got stuck on green ie going from 24/96 to 16/44 it stayed green.  Is there some setting in iTunes I don't know about that might be causing this?

Audio Midi Setup configured wrong maybe? (/Applications/Utilities)

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #5,736 of 15,694
CHG, you're very welcomed. That's really an isolator for USB 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 / 1.0 devices and definitely not DDC.

USB 3.0 > fiber optic (NOT Toslink or optical for audio) > USB 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 / 1.0

http://www.adnaco.biz/blogs/adnaco-su1

I was interested in that isolator since the HD USB input of Hugo should work, and it would be awesome if Galaxy Note 3 were working with that.

International shipping seemed to be around 50 bucks for only 2 items, that's why we could split that with someone else if more items were ordered together.

It's actually made by Everpro, same vendor for JPLAY JCAT USB card.

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #5,737 of 15,694
Please try the TH900...your prayers may be answered. With Hugo driven from my AK 100 via optical...the words "bright", "thin" and "digital" are forever vanished. When at the Chicago show, I tried the HD800 and all the high end Audeze...Audeze were better, but stupidly heavier. Nothing comes close to the TH900 and it rivals my Stax setup.

Ordered.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #5,740 of 15,694
For home Hifi, I played them by Oppo and those that seem better than the corresponding CBS are

(1) Deep Purple Made in Japan
(2) Amy Winehouse Back to Black
(3) Beck Sea Change

As good as the hirez (SACD, DVD-A, Bluray) of Sea Change is, the redbook Mofi is even better.  Of course, nothing touches the 5.1 versions.  :)

Saw him last week on first stop of his new North American tour.  Was best I've ever seen him.  Rocked (even though new album is mellow follow up to Sea Change)!

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #5,741 of 15,694
After listening to the Hugo with teh SD and HD micro inputs for a short brief moment, I've noticed that the ASIO driver installed for the HD on Foobar2000 has "hiss" noises and the SD does not. The "hiss" noises is very noticeable when I am multi-tasking on my Laptop (I believe this has something to do with the performance of my laptop, since it's only using an i3-processor), especially browsing the internet. This does not happen when I use the SD input however.

Fortunately, most of my mp3/flac files only go up to 44khz but I can't wonder if there is something I can do to get rid of the "hiss" noises when using the HD micro input.

My headphone collections are:
AKG K545
AKG K812 Pro
Sennheiser HD800

and each of these do experience "hiss" noises from the HD micro input.

Any actions I can take to resolve the matter?

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #5,742 of 15,694
After listening to the Hugo with teh SD and HD micro inputs for a short brief moment, I've noticed that the ASIO driver installed for the HD on Foobar2000 has "hiss" noises and the SD does not. The "hiss" noises is very noticeable when I am multi-tasking on my Laptop (I believe this has something to do with the performance of my laptop, since it's only using an i3-processor), especially browsing the internet. This does not happen when I use the SD input however.

Fortunately, most of my mp3/flac files only go up to 44khz but I can't wonder if there is something I can do to get rid of the "hiss" noises when using the HD micro input.

My headphone collections are:

AKG K545

AKG K812 Pro

Sennheiser HD800

and each of these do experience "hiss" noises from the HD micro input.

Any actions I can take to resolve the matter?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot, I was using the wrong output in Foobar. I was using the ASIO Chord Hugo 1.03 instead of the DS: Digital Output (Chord Async USB 44.1KHZ - 384KHZ).

No more "hiss" noises now. Now, time to fully experience the Hugo, so far, very much liking it compared to my JDS Lab C5+ODAC and WA7

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #5,743 of 15,694
For home Hifi, I played them by Oppo and those that seem better than the corresponding CBS are

(1) Deep Purple Made in Japan
(2) Amy Winehouse Back to Black
(3) Beck Sea Change

Is Back to Black blu ray better than the CD? The mastering on CD is poor and one of the better examples to show anyone asking what loudness war is

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #5,745 of 15,694
hello guys does matter the quality to the usb to micro usb cable on sound quality if yes please tell from where can I buy a good quality short usb to micro usb cable to connect it to cck of my ipod

i really need your advise, as I tried some usb to micro usb cables and some don't work because the micro usb in hugo is recessed so I am using a cheap usb to mircro usb cable from a samsung phone

Unfortauely the hugo cables might have been lost at customs office ( damn them )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back