Chord Hugo
Jun 27, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #5,718 of 15,694
Bluetooth works perfectly fine with my galaxy note 3, and HTC m8. So I would believe it's an Xperia issue more than a Hugo issue and it seem all reported bluetooth issue are with sonys.

yeah which sucks as i tried it with a samsung phone and bluettooth works great, i had so many issues with my xperia z ultra that i will never buy a sony phone again, from random screen clicks to bad speakers

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #5,719 of 15,694
Yeah, youtube and streaming really needs premium high speed internet service, and it's not cheap. I think the darn service providers throttle the standard speed services as soon as they introduce a higher speed option, so they basically force you to pay up for usable streaming. They really have you by the gonads.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #5,721 of 15,694
Hello,

So the UK AC Adapter is:
Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.18A
Output: 12V===0.5A

This US AC Adapter i have is:
Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz 0.8A
Output 12v===1.5A

Will the US AC Adapter short-curcuit my Chord Hugo?

I live in the US.

Thanks!
It shouldn't, I think the only thing that would most likely damage a Hugo would be if someone picks up and plugs in the wrong plug belonging to an 18 volt or 24 volt powersupply.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #5,722 of 15,694
I believe that chord said a high quality leather cases are currently being made at this time that will hold Hugo along with most shapes of phone or players and even some smaller PDAs. The case has access holes in all the right places and has four firm elasticated straps on the back of it to hold the phones or players facing outwards so that you can use it and see their display's.

please release this chord this is a must for us to have to enjoy this machine in a portable mode as this is an expensive machine and we need to have something to be user friendly when operating it in a case, please Robb if you know anything tell us more about it and when can we expect it to be released

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #5,723 of 15,694
  YouTube runs slower and broken up when listening through the Hugo.  It can be annoying, but who needs it as I have other sources to enjoy.  Must be my older computer. 
I also referred to a problem with the hugo causing the computer to freeze for a time when switching to 48, 96 or 192 tracks on page 374.   Any thoughts?

I have no problems with the speed at which the clips run but I am getting 'choppy' decoding via Hugo - one thing I havent tried is connecting via the SD connector in the event that Hugo is trying to upsample a fairly ordinary source. FWIW, this is only a recent development for me - initially all my YT vids played flawlessly. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #5,725 of 15,694

You need to give us more information.  How are you connecting to the Hugo?  If USB and HD usb port (since you are playing Hi Rez files), what are you using for a device driver?  I see that Chord only goes as far as Vista and up for drivers, not XP. 

I didn't realize that.  Thanks.  I'm running an XP machine (at my own risk) about 6 years old.  I was able to install the Hugo drivers on the PC, but that would provide an answer for both my posts.  Oh yeah: HDUSB.
Meanwhile, sure sounds pleasant.  It took the shrillness out of my 325i;s and I think it controls my LCD-Xs right down to the low bass. (IMO)
Again thanks.
Kevin

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #5,726 of 15,694
please release this chord this is a must for us to have to enjoy this machine in a portable mode as this is an expensive machine and we need to have something to be user friendly when operating it in a case, please Robb if you know anything tell us more about it and when can we expect it to be released
Matt says they've been working on this for some time but it's a finely made leather product that has had to be designed to accommodate any number of different players along with Hugo being stylish and practical for guys and girls to carry The purchase orders have been raised and production is underway I believe. With product possibly expected sometime in August. That's all I know.

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #5,727 of 15,694
This makes me think I should sell my HD800 and find something easier to drive.

Please try the TH900...your prayers may be answered. With Hugo driven from my AK 100 via optical...the words "bright", "thin" and "digital" are forever vanished. When at the Chicago show, I tried the HD800 and all the high end Audeze...Audeze were better, but stupidly heavier. Nothing comes close to the TH900 and it rivals my Stax setup.

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #5,728 of 15,694

Norman, so going with your argument.....what is the use of a DS owner doing any upsampling (HQ Player, etc) since the DS does it anyway??  What would be the upside vs the risk that your pc-based upsampler f'd anything up...it's not like the DS would do less processing anyway.  I can test some of this on my DS.

Back to the Hugo.  We ALL report that redbook alchemy is a Hugo unique strength.  Redbook is transformed.  Temporary misogyny alert: an ugly girl is transformed to a beauty.  And beautiful hirez girls remain beautiful...which one is more beautiful?  Many would say the former ugly one, just cuz it was such a transformation, such a value add!   But what if we took beautiful girls and ran them through the 1fs process....more beautiful?  Less beautiful cuz the downsampling was lossy and stressful, so their natural beauty was damaged in the process?   Dunno.    

Sorry for the hijack of sorts. 

Yes and know (pun intended)...bad Redbook still sounds bad. Well-mastered Redbook is amazing though. When all the links in your chain are strong (Hugo, good headphones, good source/transport) it all comes down to the mastering engineer. That's why Cookie's stuff (Blue Coast Records) all sounds so good...if her name appears as the mastering engineer ...then the only thing I need to worry about is whether I like the musicians...and that's the way it should be.

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #5,729 of 15,694
I am a compulsive pure audio bluray disc buyer.

While technically logical, I find the high res pure audio bluray audio sounds consistently better than the corresponding CDs. Since a lot of the source materials are old and analogue (hence not high res Master), I do think that there is more care in the mastering of pure audio bluray.

Just curious what you are playing your Bluerays through (an Oppo?)...and is there any you would recommend from an audiophile perspective?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back