Chord Hugo
Mar 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #1,051 of 15,694
Not sure if the lifespan of the internal battery in the Hugo has already been discussed? I don't remember seeing it whilst reading through all the posts.
So if it hasn't been discussed before, I asked the question and also how easily can it be replaced. This is the answer I received:

...battery life will always depend on how the product is used and the number of charging cycles etc. We will guarantee Hugo's batteries for 18 months, but expect to last far longer under normal usage. A competent technician would be able to change the batteries so the unit would not have to come back to us.

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #1,052 of 15,694
------------------Deleted
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,054 of 15,694

Hi project86,

Have you upgraded your Audiophilleo1 to support 384KHz/DSD128?
I'm very curious about how it sounds.

Nope, I have not. To be honest, I generally play all my DSD/DXD stuff straight from the SD card reader on my Invicta. It's just so simple. However, the latest Invicta firmware update enabled DSD over SPDIF, and my music server can handle DSD, so perhaps I'll consider the upgrade one of these days. I doubt it would affect anything else though - it's just a feature update, not a general SQ update. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #1,055 of 15,694
Nope, I have not. To be honest, I generally play all my DSD/DXD stuff straight from the SD card reader on my Invicta. It's just so simple. However, the latest Invicta firmware update enabled DSD over SPDIF, and my music server can handle DSD, so perhaps I'll consider the upgrade one of these days. I doubt it would affect anything else though - it's just a feature update, not a general SQ update. 

Thanks a lot.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #1,056 of 15,694

We are proud to announce that Noble Audio will be officially representing Chord Electronics at the SoCal Head-Fi Show and will have the sensational Chord Hugo on demonstration.

The SoCal event will be the first Head-Fi show where the Chord Hugo will be officially shown... Noble would like to thank the organisers of the event for all their assistance.

Also at the SoCal event will be Chord dealers who will be able to assist with any customer sales enquiries.

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #1,060 of 15,694
Hi everyone,

Just want to share what was told to me personally by Rob Watts, the designer of the Hugo regarding burning in of the device. He and John, the founder of Chord Electronics was in town to give a demo of the Hugo.

According to Rob, no burning in is necessary for the Hugo. He said he heard no difference between a well run in Hugo and one that was fresh out of the box. John also felt the same. That means the Hugo is good to go from the start. But....Rob did mention that for some dac/amps, burning in made the device better sounding. Just not the Hugo.

Enjoy your Hugo!

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,061 of 15,694
Hi everyone,

Just want to share what was told to me personally by Rob Watts, the designer of the Hugo regarding burning in of the device. He and John, the founder of Chord Electronics was in town to give a demo of the Hugo.

According to Rob, no burning in is necessary for the Hugo. He said he heard no difference between a well run in Hugo and one that was fresh out of the box. John also felt the same. That means the Hugo is good to go from the start. But....Rob did mention that for some dac/amps, burning in made the device better sounding. Just not the Hugo.

Enjoy your Hugo!

Thank you Alan for your info

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #1,065 of 15,694
It depends on what chassis your dealer is supplying you. We are still waiting for modified chassis to arrive.

Phil

I didn't have to choose any specific chassis. I really don't know why I have to wait this long, 4 weeks is plenty of time but my dealer just keeps on pushing it two weeks forward... I understand that there is a high demand for the unit but I also started thinking that he doesn't want to ship it because I am not from the UK. If I have to wait 2 weeks longer I have to cancel the order because I just have 45 days time to do a complaint through PayPal otherwise he can keep the money in worst case.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back