Chord Hugo
Mar 11, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,022 of 15,694
  They should work.
Original casing of the Hugo has a diameter of 11mm for the RCA plugs.

Can this cable fit into Hugo RCA plug? any ideas? 

Nordost Heimdall 2 RCA Interconnects

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/nordost-heimdall-2-stereo-interconnect-cable.html

Drop Phil at Custom cable an email if he does not respond on here.
Good guy to deal with...I've ordered my Hugo from him

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #1,023 of 15,694
Folks, when using digital vol bypass mode, what color of the vol dial will send standard 2.1vrms?
Thanks!

Blue :)

you cant bypass the volume , i have try so many times , it just set your internal volume to blue or white but still you can control the volume in the knob

This is by design, they made it like this so that if by accident you set it to line and had some headphones plugged in then you could quickly turn the volume down so as to limit any damage!

Regards

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,024 of 15,694
Hugo can be used as a standalone DAC, and for that you have to press the cross-feed button while you turn it on to stabilize the volume at a default output.

However, if you use the volume knob it will still work and you will loose the default normal dac output(2V I think).

If you want to use it as a DAC, just do what I wrote in the first line and don't turn the volume knob.

Hi dan

If connect Hugo with coax as DAC function and you said just press the cross feed volume , than Hugo now has fix output like CD player 2 volt

How long shall I press the cross feed button , only one turn red > green >blue

Which color is the correct ones ?

Thank you

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #1,025 of 15,694
Hi dan

If connect Hugo with coax as DAC function and you said just press the cross feed volume , than Hugo now has fix output like CD player 2 volt

How long shall I press the cross feed button , only one turn red > green >blue

Which color is the correct ones ?

Thank you

rudi0504 all you need to do is hold down the crossfade button when you flick the on switch. The unit will automatically go to line level and the light will be blue like the picture above.

Regards

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,026 of 15,694
Has anyone compared Hugo to the ASUS Xonar Essence III ? This new DAC is getting good press/reviews...

Hi George

I have compared Hugo dac amp vs Asus Xonar One

Source : Colorfly C 4 mod
Dac Amp : Asus Xonar One mod
Chord Hugo

As DAC
The result sound quality Hugo is one class above the Asus Xonar One

As Power
Asus Xonar has bigger power , Hugo has about 80 % from Asus Xonar One desktop amp

IMO

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,029 of 15,694
Hi George

I have compared Hugo dac amp vs Asus Xonar One

Source : Colorfly C 4 mod
Dac Amp : Asus Xonar One mod
Chord Hugo

As DAC
The result sound quality Hugo is one class above the Asus Xonar One

As Power
Asus Xonar has bigger power , Hugo has about 80 % from Asus Xonar One desktop amp

IMO

Thank you, Rudi, I have been using Hugo everyday.... really enjoying the sound.

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,030 of 15,694
May be it is not due to the quality of the wadia itself, but to the fact that the Wadia output digital through Coax rather than USB, and I read somewhere else here that the COAX imput of the HUGO offer better SQ than the USB or optical ?

Question:with the Wadia, are you limited to 16/44 ?  In other word, when you play 24/96 or 24/192 on your iphone, does the colour lights of the HUGO show the real bitrate or is the signal down-sampled when it arrive to the HUGO ? 

Instead Wadia i use

Source : iPhone 4 s mod
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 LE 12 volt with Muse 02 op amp as USB / SPDIF
These two as pure TRANSPORT
Dac Amp : Chord Hugo as DAC and AMP
Headphone : LCD XC and Fostex TH 900

The result :

The sound quality is one class better than I use CCK + USB to LOD 30 PIN

I have already mentioned in previous back

Note : you can use Cypher Labs Class Solo Original / R / DB as USB to SPDIF function
The SQ is also much better compare to CCK to lightning or lod 30 pin

I am sorry I can not upload pictures , my quota at photobucket is over limit 10 GB

IMO

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #1,033 of 15,694
Instead Wadia i use

Source : iPhone 4 s mod
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 LE 12 volt with Muse 02 op amp as USB / SPDIF
These two as pure TRANSPORT
Dac Amp : Chord Hugo as DAC and AMP
Headphone : LCD XC and Fostex TH 900

The result :

The sound quality is one class better than I use CCK + USB to LOD 30 PIN

I have already mentioned in previous back

Note : you can use Cypher Labs Class Solo Original / R / DB as USB to SPDIF function
The SQ is also much better compare to CCK to lightning or lod 30 pin

I am sorry I can not upload pictures , my quota at photobucket is over limit 10 GB

IMO

The Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 LE 12 volt is indeed a great idea.  It allow to use the COAX imput of the HUGO that is supposed to be better than the USB/ToshLink imput. 

The question is : which one offer better SQ:   Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 LE 12 volt    or   Cypher Labs Class Solo  ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back