Chord Hugo
Aug 6, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #13,591 of 15,694
Haven't heard a better setup than the Chord Hugo + Taurus MKII for the Shure SE846 quite suprisingly. Might be totally overkill on the amplifier department but it solves the hiss problem of the Chord Hugo (and Chord Mojo). 

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #13,592 of 15,694
Hi, RKT31
I think I have the same issue as you had in Octobre 2015. Could you tell me how you solved it finnally ?
For better understanding of my problem, I posted a video here below. Feel free to have a look a it. It may (or may no) confirm I am sharing the same issue as yours.
Thanks in advance for your help and support.

https://vimeo.com/177883119

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #13,593 of 15,694
Hi, @RKT31
I think I have the same issue as you had in Octobre 2015. Could you tell me how you solved it finnally ?
For better understanding of my problem, I posted a video here below. Feel free to have a look a it. It may (or may no) confirm I am sharing the same issue as yours.

You'll have to take it back to the place you purchased it or contact Chord about getting it fixed or repaired as far as I know.

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #13,596 of 15,694
Hi, @RKT31

I have the exact same issue. Are you from India,too? Tried to contact Chord's dealer in  Bangalore. They gave me another number for their service dept, I'm yet to contact them. Mine was not purchased in India. Let me know, how you go about getting these serviced.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #13,597 of 15,694

Late night Bruckner session.

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #13,598 of 15,694
I have the exact same issue. Are you from India,too? Tried to contact Chord's dealer in  Bangalore. They gave me another number for their service dept, I'm yet to contact them. Mine was not purchased in India. Let me know, how you go about getting these serviced.

So, finally I've got an answer from Chord which I quote here bellow, and I am in the process of sending the faulty Hugo to chord, under the instruction of the customer service where I bought it (http://www.son-video.com I hope Chord will be able to fix it and send it back soon. Once you have discovered the magic ... It is hard to leave without it !

Quote from Chord :
Hi Benjamin

I’m afraid to say that it sounds like a battery has failed, if you could go back to your retailer that you bought it from they should be able to help you with any repairs!

Kind Regards
Tom Vaughan
Pro-Audio & Manufacturing

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #13,599 of 15,694

So, finally I've got an answer from Chord which I quote here bellow, and I am in the process of sending the faulty Hugo to chord, under the instruction of the customer service where I bought it (http://www.son-video.com I hope Chord will be able to fix it and send it back soon. Once you have discovered the magic ... It is hard to leave without it !

Quote from Chord :
Hi Benjamin

I’m afraid to say that it sounds like a battery has failed, if you could go back to your retailer that you bought it from they should be able to help you with any repairs!

Kind Regards
Tom Vaughan
Pro-Audio & Manufacturing

Thanks!!! Let me see, what the dealer says here. Hope they're able to service it with parts from CHORD.
I have MOJO to keep me company, but do miss HUGO with HD700.

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #13,600 of 15,694
Who says Hugo USB is bad at 384 32 bit through AUDIOQUEST cinnamon micro is quite nice, cck / Thunderbolt through iPhone at 48 16 bit is pretty good as well. TT through USB is sublime tho, I'm not sure why you would cck TT, there is an sd port tho, I have never used it.

The proprietary connector on an iPhone is a Lightning connector. Lightning carries USB (2 or 3, depending on which device it is- e.g. 9.7 inch iPad pro is only USB 2). It doesn't carry Thunderbolt, which uses an entirely different protocol and connector.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #13,601 of 15,694
Hi all,

Im looking for a desktop DAC for laptop/USB at the price range of Hugo. Hugo sure seems promising but are there any better alternatives if the DAC doesn't need to be portable? It doesn't have to include headphone amp but of course better if it does :).

Haven't read all 900+ posts so sorry if this was discussed earlier in this thread.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #13,602 of 15,694
@Miksu, you can go for 2qute. it has the sound of Hugo at lesser price because it does not have volume control. but if you can manage with Hugo, the volume control of Hugo can be a big bonus as you can feed to power amp straight away.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #13,603 of 15,694
@Miksu, you can go for 2qute. it has the sound of Hugo at lesser price because it does not have volume control. but if you can manage with Hugo, the volume control of Hugo can be a big bonus as you can feed to power amp straight away.

Thanks for the tip! Somehow I missed this newcomer. Has also galvanic isolation for USB as with TT.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #13,604 of 15,694
Is it normal for the Chord to have jumpy volume control, especially at the lower levels?
Sometimes I'll turn the volume knob and get no increase in volume, and other times a giant increase.
Can't seem to fine tune the volume to the perfect level..

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #13,605 of 15,694
  Is it normal for the Chord to have jumpy volume control, especially at the lower levels?
Sometimes I'll turn the volume knob and get no increase in volume, and other times a giant increase.
Can't seem to fine tune the volume to the perfect level..

My volume control doesn't have that issue.  Seems to adjust relatively smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back