Chord Hugo
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #13,201 of 15,694
  Hugo (when Powered On and connected to AC):

1. Charge Light on (white) and Battery Light on (white).
2. Volume Light (green) and Input Light (white) and Sample Rate Light (Red)… blinking

3. When Power Switch is clicked to Off position, no lights whatsoever.
 = No audio output via headphones ports or RCA outputs.

Has my unit gone to Hugo heaven?

It's not your battery life light that's blinking red (that's what should blink red on low battery)?  Sample frequency light should not blink red unless it's the light bleeding over from the battery life light.  Vol green is correct when you power on, and input light is white, also correct.

Also, when you turn off power switch, there of course would not be any audio or RCA output because it is turned off.  The battery charge light should, however, remain lit (white) indicating it is charging.  If charging light is not on, it could possibly be a defective power adapter.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #13,202 of 15,694
  It's not your battery life light that's blinking red (that's what should blink red on low battery)?  Sample frequency light should not blink red unless it's the light bleeding over from the battery life light.  Vol green is correct when you power on, and input light is white, also correct.

Also, when you turn off power switch, there of course would not be any audio or RCA output because it is turned off.  The battery charge light should, however, remain lit (white) indicating it is charging.  If charging light is not on, it could possibly be a defective power adapter.

I appreciate the kind reply.

In my case, the Hugo battery should not be running low because it was plugged into AC when I noticed the phenomena.

Faulty power adaptor possibility: I have tested with another spare power adaptor. Same results as noted in post #13200.

Puzzling...

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #13,203 of 15,694

I appreciate the kind reply.

In my case, the Hugo battery should not be running low because it was plugged into AC when I noticed the phenomena.

Faulty power adaptor possibility: I have tested with another spare power adaptor. Same results as noted in post #13200.

Puzzling...

Very puzzling indeed.  The fact that all your LEDs are continuously blinking is definitely a troubling sign.  Were it mine, I would contact my dealer or Chord directly with an inquiry.  Good luck!

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #13,204 of 15,694
  Very puzzling indeed.  The fact that all your LEDs are continuously blinking is definitely a troubling sign.  Were it mine, I would contact my dealer or Chord directly with an inquiry.  Good luck!

Good advice indeed, and yes, I know one might well have no other resort.

I was just wondering if any other of the many users here had encountered such a scenario... and had found a solution.

Thanks again.

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #13,206 of 15,694
I am experiencing the same problem with you. Seems like my Hugo is broken. Please let me know if you find solution for this problem.

Quote:

Good advice indeed, and yes, I know one might well have no other resort.

I was just wondering if any other of the many users here had encountered such a scenario... and had found a solution.

Thanks again.

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #13,207 of 15,694
Q: about chargers for the Hugo. Can you use a "generic" charger here in North America w/the same voltage etc. or would you be running a risk of damaging your Hugo if you didn't use the Chord brand charger?

I'm not positive but I think it matters, best to get a Hugo / chordette replacement charger. It's 50 bucks can doll. So whatever domestic currency equivalent.

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #13,208 of 15,694
I haven't been on this thread for quite a while, so I was wondering if anyone has heard about a Hugo 2 in development.

Thanks for any replies ...

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #13,209 of 15,694
  I haven't been on this thread for quite a while, so I was wondering if anyone has heard about a Hugo 2 in development.

wasnt hugo launched in 14? I got mine xmas 14 anyway. I would think that product refresh would be measured in half decades. maybe by 2020?

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #13,210 of 15,694
  wasnt hugo launched in 14? I got mine xmas 14 anyway. I would think that product refresh would be measured in half decades. maybe by 2020?

I asked because the Mojo has been so successful and even offers some additional capabilities over the Hugo that I thought Chord might be working on an updated model. High end home components often have 5 year shelf lives, but portable gear tends to be much less.

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #13,211 of 15,694

Haven't seen or heard anything in the works.  Seems like the latest Chord speculation (and it does seem like speculation) has centered on Mojo module add ons.

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #13,212 of 15,694

Haven't seen or heard anything in the works.  Seems like the latest Chord speculation (and it does seem like speculation) has centered on Mojo module add ons.

also a chord amplifier. I doubt we see any new hugo in 2016, It will take more than 786 fr sampling to consider launching an upgrade. Plus you have to consider production runs, channel clearing, marketing expense amortization, engineering production cost hurdles etc...Mojo itself extended hugo shelf life

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #13,213 of 15,694
Heard the Hugo TT and did not feel the need to upgrade from my Hugo.  I have not heard the Mojo extensively.  If it had storage making it a Sony ZX2, I would have picked one up.
In terms of Chord coming out with a Hugo II after TT and Mojo, I am thinking doubtful.
So, I am adding things to it like a linear power supply and cleaning the signal into the DAC section with things like AQ jitterbug and Uptone Regen.

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #13,214 of 15,694
Cool but Im glad I added TT, pleased as punch. As well as hd800S.

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #13,215 of 15,694
Looking at the picture I see you also run the Hugo out of the left USB port of your MacBook Pro.
Do you guys know if there is any difference between left and right port in terms of SQ?
I couldn't hear any, also I wouldn't want to use the right port as it would be uncomfortable using the mouse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back