Chord Hugo
Mar 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #1,096 of 15,694
  Thank you PhilW and OK-Guy I appreciate the information!

I posted about the same time as Phil... both end-caps will do same job, mine are real tight fitting and I would only purchase if you're rarely going to use the RCA's (because of recessed sockets)... if you're going to be using the RCA sockets regularly best get Phil's as they'll come off easier,... best to be honest about these things. 

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #1,097 of 15,694
You are welcome Alan
Did you tried pair your Hugo via Coaxial cable with your go dap dd 1 LE?

Not yet, Rudi. But that is because I don't have such a cable. Haha. I will get one made for me soon 
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #1,098 of 15,694
Never really given end caps a thought maybe carrying the hugo about everywhere they will collect dust over time, good idea.On a different note as we are all nuts about hifi,I use the audiophile star base platform which I swear by for improving sound quality of my domestic hifi,I also use the Russ Andrews wooden cones as well, now when I'm not on the go with the hugo and I phone I wonder if I put a audiophile platform underneath them and them resting on the wooden cone feet the sound would be improved?

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,099 of 15,694
Never really given end caps a thought maybe carrying the hugo about everywhere they will collect dust over time, good idea.On a different note as we are all nuts about hifi,I use the audiophile star base platform which I swear by for improving sound quality of my domestic hifi,I also use the Russ Andrews wooden cones as well, now when I'm not on the go with the hugo and I phone I wonder if I put a audiophile platform underneath them and them resting on the wooden cone feet the sound would be improved?

you never know you might just get to hear a mouse farting on a Diana Krall recording.

re End-Caps... I kept getting deoxit juice to clean my Hi-Fi terminations (£15-£20 a tiny bottle), I knocked a couple of bottles over and hunted for dust covers (there weren't any end-caps around back then). I decided to phone a manufacturer in the UK I knew from my construction days to ask if he could make me any (Arcam gave me the correct measurements), he could make them and asked how many I wanted, I said 20, he said he couldn't do 20 but could make 5000. I thought hmmm & bollox to it and went into the End-Cap game... I've supplied to Arcam, Chord Co.& BBC, Jude and Anak have them (dunno if they  use  them) and your Uncle looked happy when I gave him some.

Phil's End-Caps will do same as mine:

Protects connects from oxidization • Protects connects from dust • Stops electrical noise from entering via RCA Connects & other simarly capped connects.

They will not improve the sound quality of your system • They will not stop Frequency or Electrical noises entering from other sources • They will protect the Hugo's RCA connects.

Chord Company (the cable guys), want me to get them made out of 'oxygen free vinyl', they reckon it will improve the sound of a Hi-Fi system (I swear I saw flying-pigs racing that jumping cow to the moon the other night), after I get rid of the next few thousand I might do it...
wink_face.gif

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #1,100 of 15,694
You kindly donated a fair amount to the 2012 UK Head-Fi Meet in Cambridge and I dispensed them to the masses. Kept a few for myself of course and they do work a treat.

you never know you might just get to hear a mouse farting on a Diana Krall recording.

re End-Caps... I kept getting deoxit juice to clean my Hi-Fi terminations (£15-£20 a tiny bottle), I knocked a couple of bottles over and hunted for dust covers (there weren't any end-caps around back then). I decided to phone a manufacturer in the UK I knew from my construction days to ask if he could make me any (Arcam gave me the correct measurements), he could make them and asked how many I wanted, I said 20, he said he couldn't do 20 but could make 5000. I thought hmmm & bollox to it and went into the End-Cap game... I've supplied to Arcam, Chord Co.& BBC, Jude and Anak have them (dunno if they  use  them) and your Uncle looked happy when I gave him some.

Phil's End-Caps will do same as mine:

Protects connects from oxidization • Protects connects from dust • Stops electrical noise from entering via RCA Connects & other simarly capped connects.

They will not improve the sound quality of your system • They will not stop Frequency or Electrical noises entering from other sources • Saves on expensive Deoxit products at a fraction of the cost.

Chord Company (the cable guys), want me to get them made out of 'oxygen free vinyl', they reckon it will improve the sound of a Hi-Fi system (I swear I saw flying-pigs racing that jumping cow to the moon the other night), after I get rid of the next few thousand I might do it... :wink_face:  

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #1,101 of 15,694
You kindly donated a fair amount to the 2012 UK Head-Fi Meet in Cambridge and I dispensed them to the masses. Keep a few for myself of course and they do work a treat.

glad you like them mate, it means a lot.... I'll donate some for your next Meet please let me know when.

it drives me nuts counting them out... lifes a bitch.

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #1,102 of 15,694
I got my Hugo today in Japan. It seems that my Hugo has a new chassis.
( I have taken some photos... but as I'm new here, it looks like I don't have the permission to post the photos...)

The RCA / Optical holes are enlarged from the original ... but not that much.
To put the upper / lower chassis together, there are some screw holes and those screw holes are making it difficult to enlarge the RCA holes big enough.

I have a Linn coax cable but cannot put the plug all the way...

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #1,103 of 15,694
  Chord Company (the cable guys), want me to get them made out of 'oxygen free vinyl', they reckon it will improve the sound of a Hi-Fi system (I swear I saw flying-pigs racing that jumping cow to the moon the other night), after I get rid of the next few thousand I might do it...
wink_face.gif

Exactly! That has been what has held me bacckkk. No oxygen free vinyl. Please keep us updated. And yes, I know that somewhere in this universe, pigs Do fly and the cow, well not so sure. 

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #1,104 of 15,694
  I got my Hugo today in Japan. It seems that my Hugo has a new chassis.
( I have taken some photos... but as I'm new here, it looks like I don't have the permission to post the photos...)

The RCA / Optical holes are enlarged from the original ... but not that much.
To put the upper / lower chassis together, there are some screw holes and those screw holes are making it difficult to enlarge the RCA holes big enough.

I have a Linn coax cable but cannot put the plug all the way...

I wonder will it be possible to upload your pics to flickr and put the links here? Many thanks!

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #1,106 of 15,694
  Exactly! That has been what has held me bacckkk. No oxygen free vinyl. Please keep us updated. And yes, I know that somewhere in this universe, pigs Do fly and the cow, well not so sure. 

the cow is a 'jumper', you have to sinc by nodding your head whilst looking up or you'll miss it... do you reckon I should do a pre-order promotion on the 'oxygen free' caps?

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #1,108 of 15,694
SleepyOne, it seems that I cannot put any links as well.
If you would google "Chord社のHugo購入 その4 来た、見た、聴いた" then you can find my article in my blog and can find the photos there. (sorry the page is in Japanese)

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #1,109 of 15,694
Hi Kakki-san, based on the photos from your blog (http://community.phileweb.com/mypage/entry/1943/20140315/41664/) , it seems that your Hugo has the first edition chassis. I compared to mine and could not spot any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back