Chord Hugo
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #9,346 of 15,694
in foobar if DSD is sent as dop , even foobar volume slider is not effective indicating that DSD is being sent directly as dop without any processing. as far as I know in j river volume control is still working even when DSD is sent as dop.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #9,349 of 15,694
  ok I need a bit of help with a Bluetooth problem, definitely not my best subject admittedly... my mate has a Sony Xperia phone and he's trying to figure how to connect to the Hugo via Bluetooth, obviously he ain't had much luck so I'm wondering if he needs a Sony 'codec' to connect... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This works for me with my Sony phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfb16zps2zw

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #9,350 of 15,694
Hello Folks
Very nice and lengthy thread on the Hugo , which I appreciate as a standard DAC and portable DAC
I am searching for digital audio player , portable (Astern Kell, Calyx or Sony or something else ) to use as a transport , using the Chord Hugo as DAC
Any clue of something that works well ?
Cheers

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #9,351 of 15,694
  Hello Folks
Very nice and lengthy thread on the Hugo , which I appreciate as a standard DAC and portable DAC
I am searching for digital audio player , portable (Astern Kell, Calyx or Sony or something else ) to use as a transport , using the Chord Hugo as DAC
Cheers

I'm very happy with the FiiO X5

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #9,352 of 15,694
  Hello Folks
Cheers

Calyx won't cut it because of it's 4 hour battery.

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #9,354 of 15,694
Another transport question:

I currently use an AK120 via optical cable. The sound is unbelievable. I find that I rarely (if ever) use the AK120 by itself. I was wondering if there is a player that also has optical digital out, but perhaps has better UI. It seems silly to hang on to the AK120, given that its dual DACs seldom see action.

The reason I'm after something with optical out is because nothing I've connected via USB (mac, iPhone) has sounded anywhere near as good as the AK120 with the Chord.

Can anyone suggest another player?

NB: I can't afford the AK240!

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #9,355 of 15,694
Jan 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #9,358 of 15,694
I will have the opportunity to directly A/B the following if anyone is interested in notes.

Hugo > Liquid Gold > Abyss (balanced)

Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center > Liquid Gold > Abyss (balanced)

Cantata will have DAC output options for balanced and unbalanced. Input options will be optical via SN7, and USB/Coax with AP/PP and I have Heimdall2, Cardas Clear, and Syn Research on hand. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #9,359 of 15,694
  Another transport question:

I was wondering if there is a player that also has optical digital out, but perhaps has better UI. It seems silly to hang on to the AK120, given that its dual DACs seldom see action.

Can anyone suggest another player?

It will be hard to top the AK UI in a prosumer DAP device. If you experienced some of the others out there, you would be grateful for your AK UI 
tongue.gif

The iPod generation... We're all spoiled!

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #9,360 of 15,694
Pono doesn't have optical out, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back