Chord Hugo
Jan 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #9,331 of 15,692
Quick question, can I use both the USB inputs at the same time? Meaning I don't have to unplug one to use the other.

Thanks

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #9,334 of 15,692
  I'm using Audionirvana on a mac. But I also compared feeding the DSD's through Onkyo Player on the iPhone to playing the flacs on the AK120 for OTG Hugo use and preferred the flac files there. I freely admit that leaving my iPhone available for incoming calls may also have played a part in my decision. But the DSD felt a little more artificial than the PCM.

I'm assuming you mean A+  ;D

http://audirvana.com

There are a couple of businesses called Audio Nirvana but this is the only playback software resembling that name. Very impressed with the SQ of the latest release. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #9,335 of 15,692

There are a couple of businesses called Audio Nirvana but this is the only playback software resembling that name. Very impressed with the SQ of the latest release. 

Hi, have you tried Amarra 3? Not sure if it's buggy or what, but I have all kinds of niggly problems with Amarra, especially controlling external speakers on Airplay, most notably the volume automatically reduces to nothing, which really makes it quite unusable. Otherwise, the SQ with the Hugo is, imho, as good as it gets.

How does A+ compare?

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #9,336 of 15,692

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #9,340 of 15,692
ok I need a bit of help with a Bluetooth problem, definitely not my best subject admittedly... my mate has a Sony Xperia phone and he's trying to figure how to connect to the Hugo via Bluetooth, obviously he ain't had much luck so I'm wondering if he needs a Sony 'codec' to connect... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #9,342 of 15,692
hi, can anybody give an idea about the specs and price point of next qbd upgrade ? I am already having so much expectations after such great experience with hugo .[/quoteI should imagine it will cost in the region of £5000.As for the specs i don't think any one knows yet apart from chord, but it gonna have 2 be alot better than hugo.I was thinking about getting the hugo tt but £3000 for something that might sound a little bit better than the hugo is a deal breaker for me.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #9,343 of 15,692
I have two basic questions, probably have been discussed. Does the Hugo come charged? Given the option is it better to go with the usb or optical out of MacBook pro?

Otherwise to weigh in on software, I have used Amarra over the years and currently Amarra synphony and wins in my book. Hopefully good with Hugo when it arrives.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #9,344 of 15,692
I'm using Audionirvana on a mac. But I also compared feeding the DSD's through Onkyo Player on the iPhone to playing the flacs on the AK120 for OTG Hugo use and preferred the flac files there. I freely admit that leaving my iPhone available for incoming calls may also have played a part in my decision. But the DSD felt a little more artificial than the PCM.
hi, I am using foobar with windows tab for dsd to send to Hugo as dop and the sound is amazingly clean and natural and with very very quiet black background.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #9,345 of 15,692
in foobar if DSD is sent as dop , even foobar volume slider is not effective indicating that DSD is being sent directly as dop without any processing. as far as I know in j river volume control is still working even when DSD is sent as dop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back