Chord Hugo
Nov 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #8,838 of 15,694
Quick question: Is it OK to leave it ON all the time? I read in Chord's website that it is OK to leave the charger connected but I was wondering if it harms to leave the Hugo turned ON. 

As I use it mostly in my loudspeaker system it is a bummer turning it of/on everyday.

Thank you in advance!
L

Nov 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #8,839 of 15,694
  Quick question: Is it OK to leave it ON all the time? I read in Chord's website that it is OK to leave the charger connected but I was wondering if it harms to leave the Hugo turned ON. 

As I use it mostly in my loudspeaker system it is a bummer turning it of/on everyday.

Thank you in advance!
L

Its no problem to leave it on 24/7

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #8,840 of 15,694

Two sockets was simply to allow other listeners.

You will notice crossfeed more on older recordings, when they used to pan hard left and right all the time.

Rob

You should try Chesky's binaural recordings. Switch between the different cross feed steps. You can easily hear the differences in soundstage!!!

thank you for your replies.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #8,841 of 15,694
hi all, wanted to know what are the alternatives of usb audio player pro for android ? uapp player supposedly bypasses the internal android system and directly outputs  the even dxd to chord hugo. on my android so far only uapp trial version recognized chord hugo. oknyo hf player, liztic player and neutron player did not recognize it.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #8,843 of 15,694
So - I managed to get an early bird special on the Pono player which is due to come out in October, though I'm not looking forward to paying even more money over in taxes to the UK government.

Anyway - Pono has a headphone out and a line out. What would be the best way to connect to a Hugo? And would it degrade the sound quality by doing this?

I'm hoping that this will create a 'third party opportunity'. Maybe Red Wine Audio will come out with a Pono optical or coax mod. Normally it would be pretty easy to hijack the S/PDIF data on the way into the DAC chip...

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #8,846 of 15,694

is it possible to do a mini-jack>coax/optical cable?

I'm not sure I understand your question. There were need to be some internal modding. You would need to grab the S/PDIF data on it's way into the dad, and route it to an external jack. It would be theoretically possible to do this without changing the exterior by using an existing mini jack. Vinnie, are you listening?

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #8,847 of 15,694

I'm not sure I understand your question. There were need to be some internal modding. You would need to grab the S/PDIF data on it's way into the dad, and route it to an external jack. It would be theoretically possible to do this without changing the exterior by using an existing mini jack. Vinnie, are you listening?

so my understanding is that you want a modded-Hugo so you can use a Pono as a source, yes?... I was asking if it was possible to make a cable with a mini-jack at one end & coax/optical at the other, hope that clears any confusion.

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #8,850 of 15,694
Doesn't anyone try TUR-06 analog square Japan tube amp with Hugo? Are they really match well together?

Present I'm using Hugo + ak240 + shure 846 & ak812.

I did , and it is fine: warmer and more relax sound. So it depend of your taste and the music you are listening.

but at least, they match in size...

(my HUGO has been modified so that the Input 3,5mm plug is on the same side than the HUGO jacks/RCA )

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back