Chord Hugo
Nov 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #8,866 of 15,694
Moon Audio did a great job of shipping out the black leather case...

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #8,867 of 15,694

First let me say that Moon-Audio for the most part provides excellent service for a boutique audio equipment dealer. Drew is responsive and highly motivated to provide consciencess customer service.    

My gripe is that Im not getting the full potential of the Silver Dragon's because while one end fit's snugly into the Chord Hugo - the other end is loose fitting and unreliable into a CD Recorder (Alesis Masterlink)  If I move the the unit just slightly , the cables disconnect -  totally not acceptable for a $500 investment.  Ive reached out to Drew for exchange to a Cardas termination and have yet to get a reply.  This bothers me.. am I justified to feel this way? 

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #8,868 of 15,694
You are entitled to feel whatever you are feeling, but when did you reach out? Yesterday, Friday evening, or last Monday? Contingent upon your answer, could prove whether your unhappiness with Moonn/Drew is justified. Anytime really after Friday afternoon and he deserves more time, maybe even Friday morning but as a business owner I'd respond ASAP to an unhappy customer.

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #8,869 of 15,694

First let me say that Moon-Audio for the most part provides excellent service for a boutique audio equipment dealer. Drew is responsive and highly motivated to provide consciencess customer service.    

My gripe is that Im not getting the full potential of the Silver Dragon's because while one end fit's snugly into the Chord Hugo - the other end is loose fitting and unreliable into a CD Recorder (Alesis Masterlink)  If I move the the unit just slightly , the cables disconnect -  totally not acceptable for a $500 investment.  Ive reached out to Drew for exchange to a Cardas termination and have yet to get a reply.  This bothers me.. am I justified to feel this way? 

Many businesses don't respond to inquiries during weekends, so if you sent the e-mail within the last two days, give him another day or two. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #8,873 of 15,694
hi all, wanted to know what are the alternatives of usb audio player pro for android ? uapp player supposedly bypasses the internal android system and directly outputs  the even dxd to chord hugo. on my android so far only uapp trial version recognized chord hugo. oknyo hf player, liztic player and neutron player did not recognize it.

Anyone using iOS device to feed Hugo? Im planning on getting iPhone 6 to replace my beat up S3, Which player works w/ Hugo?

Nov 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #8,875 of 15,694
Both iPad air 2 and Samsung note 4 worked fine with Hugo. My Note 4 with usb audio player pro has some gilthing - iPad function perfectly with onkyo app. Timing is better with Note 4 but everything else iPad is better. Sound wise I found iPad cleaner, clearer detail, more power/ bass. However it is a bit artificial. I think I prefer my terribly jitter noisy laptop which has better detail, delicate/ softness, presentation, 3D, more natural. If only there is no jitter/ noise....

Nov 24, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #8,876 of 15,694
I received my Sys Concept toslink cable on Saturday and I am very pleased with the build quality. The length is 6" tip to tip with it evenly divided by the connectors and the cable. It was just long enough to allow me to mount my 240 to the back of the Hugo (the rubber bumpers are situated perfectly in order to protect the 240 from scratches). The initial improvements over the stock cable appear to be greater extension in the high frequencies. Additionally, this cable not only passes 24/192, but DSD64 and 128 as well, a surprise since the 240 manual states the toslink output will not pass DSD. I now recall there was a firmware update that added this functionality, but I thought it only applied to DSD64 files. Here are some pictures:

I would add a half inch to the length if the 240 case is used or greater flexibility in placement is needed for those who are interested in my example. Now I just need to find a case of some sort to protect my gear when I travel. Also, the toslink clicks nicely into the Hugo unlike the stock cable. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #8,877 of 15,694
This maybe obvious to all here, but I wasn't getting the reasons for the placement of the inouts and outputs of my Hugo till now when used as a DAC.

When I want to use another temporary source, the USB connection is on the panel facing me to plug in convinently as are the on-off switch, source selection and cross feed selection. As for the power connection, that is in front for easy charging of the batteries also.

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #8,878 of 15,694
My Hugo Black came in today
beyersmile.png
  I was trying to decide whether to order the Hugo or an AK240, but the Hugo won out in the end as I will be using it mainly as a transportable set up with my Macbook Pro (I work out of town so I am gone for 10 days at a time).  I can already say it is in a different league then my Concero HP, but it did cost well over twice the price:)    I already had already backed the Geek Wave XD 128, so that played into the decision as well.

The Hugo is amazing.  I've never heard my MDR-7520's, Dita Answers and SE-846 sound this good.  Very open and detailed, with well controlled bass.  Now I'm glad I didn't sell my 7520's.

I do find the Hugo volume a little difficult to adjust though.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #8,879 of 15,694
Congratulations, Hugo works well as a portable desktop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back