Chord Hugo
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #814 of 15,694
Yesterday, I was trying bluetooth in office using my Sony Xperia Z as source. I picked up quite a bit of noise with sensitive CIEM Fitear C435.
I switched off and on the bluetooth and Hugo multiple times to reset the connectiom but the noise was consistent on each try.
Not sure if anyone has similar issue or could it be my phone compatibility with Hugo?

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #815 of 15,694
Has anyone tried using Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet as USB host (with micro usb OTG adapter) for Hugo?

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #816 of 15,694
Yesterday, I was trying bluetooth in office using my Sony Xperia Z as source. I picked up quite a bit of noise with sensitive CIEM Fitear C435.
I switched off and on the bluetooth and Hugo multiple times to reset the connectiom but the noise was consistent on each try.
Not sure if anyone has similar issue or could it be my phone compatibility with Hugo?

Hi George
After I use Sony ZX 1 and note 3 and ak 100 / 120 via bluetooth , I always shut off the Bluetooth on my DAP or note 3 , I hear no more noise on my Hugo

I have problem use bluetooth pair with IDevices like iPhone 5s and iPad air , at the beginning was fine after a while I hear distortion on the music instrument

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #817 of 15,694
Hi George
After I use Sony ZX 1 and note 3 and ak 100 / 120 via bluetooth , I always shut off the Bluetooth on my DAP or note 3 , I hear no more noise on my Hugo

I have problem use bluetooth pair with IDevices like iPhone 5s and iPad air , at the beginning was fine after a while I hear distortion on the music instrument

Thanks, Rudi.

That's ok, I wont be using bluetooth very much.

I have been taking the Hugo out this week, using X5 as source while sitting still on a bus/train. When I get home, I just plug in my laptop and play DSD using HD800. Throughout the whole day, I can attain desktop level SQ.  I think it is really wonderful and excellent value for money considering this thing gets so much play time.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #818 of 15,694
Bluetooth operates on 2.4khz, the same as most WiFi devices, if you're in areas with high WiFi usage or other bluetooth devices in use in range of yours you may get some noise related to that congestion.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #819 of 15,694
  Bluetooth operates on 2.4khz, the same as most WiFi devices, if you're in areas with high WiFi usage or other bluetooth devices in use in range of yours you may get some noise related to that congestion.

Thanks, that makes sense. It explains why I didnt get much noise when  I was testing it at home.

By the way, will you also get the Hugo? As I see you have the Auralic Taurus MKII amp as well, I am hoping to find out if any synergy and improvement for driving HE-6 and HD800.

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #822 of 15,694
Yesterday night I tried my Hugo to drive my Abyss

the result : wow the most powerful portable set up I have now
It has more power than my 3 stags : ALO Rx 3 B + class solo original + iPhone 5s

Source : iBasso HDP R10 with optical out
Dac Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : Abyss 1266
LCD XC

My impression
WOOOW the most powerful portable set up I have now
It has more power than my 3 stags : ALO Rx 3 B + class solo original + iPhone 5s
This is phenomenal in portable audio with audiophile sound quality

I did not expected before about chord Hugo power that's so power full
I drive the volume until light blue so powerful and NO distortion at all

at Mook I have tried 3 iems also no sound quality reduction and no distorsion
That's mean the power Amp quality from Hugo is excellent

Note : use optical sound quality is very good , I believe with COAXIAL cable is much better

IMO

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #823 of 15,694
I'm running Hugo as a DAC right now, feeding a Taurus MKII which drives an HE6. Extremely impressive combo IMHO.

please compare others dac you have specially matrix-sabre
is hugo the clear winner of all your dac so far?

btw, my hugo volume knob got broken yesterday when try to scroll the volume button 
have go to local delaer, which is very nice person, he give me another new unit for replacement.

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #824 of 15,694
Yesterday night I tried my Hugo to drive my Abyss

the result : wow the most powerful portable set up I have now

Source : iBasso HDP R10 with optical out
Dac Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : Abyss 1266
LCD XC

My impression
WOOOW the most powerful portable set up I have now
This is phenomenal in portable audio with audiophile sound quality

I did not expected before about chord Hugo power that's so power full
I drive the volume until light blue so powerful and NO distortion at all

at Mook I have tried 3 iems also no sound quality reduction and no distorsion
That's mean the power Amp quality from Hugo is excellent

Note : use optical sound quality is very good , I believe with COAXIAL cable is much better

IMO

Rudi, if you have time, could you compare the duet amp with the hugo's amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back