Chord Hugo
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #7,141 of 15,694
Can someone do me a massive favour and measure their UK power supply for me? I need to know how far it sticks out of the wall to be exact. Can't get to mine right now and I'm looking at measurements for a new rack.

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #7,144 of 15,694
Regardless of how you feel about DSD, the Hugo plays it back! (and wonderfully IMHO).

So....I'd like to make Head-Fi DSD users aware that we at NativeDSD.com have announced a free daily give-away of a DSD track in both stereo and multichannel.  Each day (begins at midnight Amsterdam time, 6pm US Eastern) a new native DSD track will be available for FREE download.  Enjoy!

https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #7,145 of 15,694
Regardless of how you feel about DSD, the Hugo plays it back! (and wonderfully IMHO).

So....I'd like to make Head-Fi DSD users aware that we at NativeDSD.com have announced a free daily give-away of a DSD track in both stereo and multichannel.  Each day (begins at midnight Amsterdam time, 6pm US Eastern) a new native DSD track will be available for FREE download.  Enjoy!

https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/

Nice ted

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #7,146 of 15,694
Been playing with my EC 2a3 MKIV and the hugo. The EC amp doing a good job at "thickening" up the sound across a bunch of headphones without taking away from Hugo's speed and making it sound syrupy.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #7,147 of 15,694

Chord Electronics will be showing various products including the Hugo at the forthcoming Hi-End Show taking place in Hong-Kong.

The Event is taking place at: Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) between August 8th - August 10th 2014.

Chord’s stand will be Hosted by their famed distributor Xin He Audio so expect a warm welcome.

Link: http://www.xinheaudio.com/

Update:-

John Franks will be attending the Hong-Kong event for its entirety and will be only to happy to talk to Head-Fi'ers about the Hugo and other products, John's a great guy and very approachable.

I got a update on the Leather Carrying Case for the Hugo... there's been a few delays at the manufacturing end which is out of Chord's control... John hopes to have leather-cases early next month and apologises for the delay.

There will be another update to the Hong-Kong event which should be of interest to many... I'll let you all digest this first...
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #7,149 of 15,694

Chord Electronics will be showing various products including the Hugo at the forthcoming Hi-End Show taking place in Hong-Kong.

The Event is taking place at: Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) between August 8th - August 10th 2014.

Chord’s stand will be Hosted by their famed distributor Xin He Audio so expect a warm welcome.

Link: http://www.xinheaudio.com/

Update:-

John Franks will be attending the Hong-Kong event for its entirety and will be only to happy to talk to Head-Fi'ers about the Hugo and other products, John's a great guy and very approachable.

I got a update on the Leather Carrying Case for the Hugo... there's been a few delays at the manufacturing end which is out of Chord's control... John hopes to have leather-cases early next month and apologises for the delay.

There will be another update to the Hong-Kong event which should be of interest to many... I'll let you all digest this first...
bigsmile_face.gif

In the android app for the show, the Hugo is listed at 58,000 HKD.  I hope that's a typo!

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #7,152 of 15,694
Where does the internal head amp become the weak link in the chain here?

[...]

At what price point should I start to look, where the Hugo will be outclassed?

Perfectly happy where I am, but this is head Fi after all!

To note, talking about amp only :)

That's really tough to say I reckon. It would very much dependent headphones being used, and all that is associated with that.

Going by my own experiences, and amp that adds dynamics but not distortion, is going to mean something at least into four figures.

I'm wondering if the ne Schiit Ragnarok might be the least expensive in the regard, noting that I've only ever auditioned it briefly at a meet.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #7,153 of 15,694
Fantastic - finally, a hi-end show in my backyard and the GF tells me she needs to be in Bangkok that weekend for a family commitment. Just freakin great  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back