Chord Hugo
Jun 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #5,626 of 15,694
The post did not say what phones as I have a note 2 is this included .

Thanks in advance

Most phones with USB host should work with this app Al, the app bypasses Android audio and has its own USB audio drivers, so it works with many Androids with no support for USB audio, and extends the DAC support for those that do (for example, I use the Dragonfly 1.2 with mine, doesn't work with the phone but does via UAPP - even including the amp volume controls from within the app - that form factor is so hard to beat for truly portable use!). There is a trial version available on the Play Store, so you can always check before buying.

Also, if you weren't aware 128gb cards are available for your Note 2 (and even full-size SD cards will work via an adapter and case mod, allowing for up to 256GB+phone internal memory on your phone - I'm using one in my phone now that PNY have released a 256GB SD card for ~$120USD compared to the $500USD price for the Lexar ones that came to market first).

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #5,627 of 15,694
Very cool to know. I am very use to the iphone.
But the EQ only works in PCM. In DSD it does not.
But over all it's very good. I will try later
Al

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #5,629 of 15,694
Oh yea. A big thanks. Also does it take 128

Sd cards inside. The tiny ones we use in the DAPS.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #5,630 of 15,694
Can anyone share their observations when playing 16bit/44hz music files over HD as compared to the SD usb?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #5,631 of 15,694
Oh yea. A big thanks. Also does it take 128

Sd cards inside. The tiny ones we use in the DAPS.

If you mean micro SD, then yes, phones take those - almost all phones in fact if the card is formatted to FAT32 (it comes exFAT formatted by default). Your Note 2 will take one.

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #5,633 of 15,694
  I read online that Audioquest mini-USB does not fit and requires some trimming

I meant micro-USB - mini will NEVER fit the Hugo's connector  :wink:

http://velodyne.com/audioquest-cinnamon-usb-to-micro-usb-cable.html

The only comment I've seen of that nature referred to their adapter for cables that werent terminated with the micro connector - given the postage and import duty I'm paying on the cable above, I'll be very unhappy if it doesnt fit. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #5,636 of 15,694

I meant micro-USB - mini will NEVER fit the Hugo's connector  :wink:

http://velodyne.com/audioquest-cinnamon-usb-to-micro-usb-cable.html

The only comment I've seen of that nature referred to their adapter for cables that werent terminated with the micro connector - given the postage and import duty I'm paying on the cable above, I'll be very unhappy if it doesnt fit. 

Did you mean this AQ cable doesn't fit into the Hugo and requires the mod as per Seeteeyou's posting?

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #5,637 of 15,694
Finally i got my hugo and so far i amazed by it i just want to ask about the sound effects to be honest i dont hear any diffrrence between them like no difference between them,are those more noticeable with certain file formats, mayabe someone can.explain to me more about the sound effects

I think I can when you hear a sound because of the distance between your ears there is a time difference between dependant on where the sound is placed in three dimensional space. For example a sound that is to the left. The person will be hear the same sound in both ears but his right ear hears the sound apromiimately 400 micro second later than his left ear due to the extra time it takes to reach his right ear also the sound by virtue of being to the other side of his head is attenuated this is especially so for frequencies above 1 kHz. So by cross fading a proportion from each channel and delaying and filtering the higher frequencies that signal by the correct amount for the average head size. It's usually a little more complicated but a good approximation of a live performance can be achieved. The success of this will vary greatly and be dependant upon the source recording and the individual listener. However it's nice to have the various options of degree of cross fade. I hope this explains it.

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #5,639 of 15,694

No I am afraid not, but I would imagine it would be similar.

It occurs to me that there is another explanation to isolating  the USB - and that's signal dependent ground noise from the computer. Normally RF noise does not change sound stage depth too much, you just get the impression of better focus and refinement. But signal dependent noise and distortion can change the perception of depth, and by isolating the grounds you remove this problem as well as reducing RF noise too.

Rob 

Not sure if anyone has experience with active optical usb3.0 cable, for example from corning and everpro, corning has copper wire with fiber to power the USB at the other end, hopefully these can be tweaked to get both side isolated.

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #5,640 of 15,694
Is there any difference between connecting Hugo to the USB2 port or USB3?

What do you guys think about the usb cable that comes with Hugo? I think it's a bit low quality. What do you prefer instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back