Chord Hugo
Jun 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #5,401 of 15,694
  I actually tried both of them before but without the Hugo. To my ear I love them both as they both present and performs extremely well, they both musical and great instructment seperation. However, it's just few days listening experience and without the Hugo. So please... give me more experiences... There are no shops near my home that allow me to try both of them... 

I have the HD800 but I'm very tempted to get the TH900 or something with a character that is on the bass-heavier side like the TH900 or Audeze LCD XC. It's fully possible that if I'd gone the other way I would be considering the HD800 as well. 

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #5,402 of 15,694
  i'm still confused and sorry about that.  are you talking about a revision to the carrying case (which isn't released yet) or the hugo's chassis (i.e. case)?  thanks!

it's the carry case, I think it being made of leather was the ultimate clue.. as far as I know there are no changes to the chassis.

btw you'll be needing the camera-kit for your iThingy.

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #5,403 of 15,694
  I have the HD800 but I'm very tempted to get the TH900 or something with a character that is on the bass-heavier side like the TH900 or Audeze LCD XC. It's fully possible that if I'd gone the other way I would be considering the HD800 as well. 

How's the vocal performance of your HD800 with Hugo? This is the only thing that stops me in between the TH900 and HD800.  :)

PS: Im not a bass-heavy guy, I can accept the bass performance of the HD800 even though it's a bit less than the TH900. 

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #5,404 of 15,694
  How's the vocal performance of your HD800 with Hugo? This is the only thing that stops me in between the TH900 and HD800.  :)

PS: Im not a bass-heavy guy, I can accept the bass performance of the HD800 even though it's a bit less than the TH900. 

Vocals are amazing on HD800. Now back to Hugo!

Jun 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #5,408 of 15,694
i'm very new here so pardon my ignorance.  the question though is about iphone 5s - how do you connect it to Hugo?  thanks for your responses
You have to buy a lightning to standard USB camera adapter then link it with the standard USB to micro USB cable that chord provide. Or an alternative more expensive one. Also you might need to load some high red music aps like Ampliflac

Jun 22, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #5,409 of 15,694
I am using the onkyo HF player it's 10 bucks usd. But it works fantastic. I think you need a Mac to load music or at least that is how I do,it. Anyway
Al

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #5,410 of 15,694
Guys I wanna make a vote, as my budget are very limited, if I wanna choose 1 headphone for the Hugo and options are only HD800 & TH900, which one would you guys recommend to get and pairs with the Hugo (no external amp)?
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: I listen to female vocal, pop & classical normally.

Audiophile listening: HD800

Fun, dancing, having fun: TH900

Ps: I'm not saying TH900s are not audiophile quality, they are. I'm just saying HD800s are better than anything else in that area.

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #5,411 of 15,694
  What are the most affordable headphones to really appreciate the Hugo? HD650? B&W P7?
I'm not a 'bass head' - like electronic music but with accurate, natural bass.

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks!

HD650. They are the best at their price and can do any genre well. They sound fun, are detailed and very good with electronic music.

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #5,412 of 15,694
Hello people,
A few questions about the Hugo, I'd appreciate your help.

1. Is it true there were variations in sonic performance between the revisions of the Hugo (mainly the small and bigger holes case?
This guy claims there are: http://www.aumacoustics.com/hugo_modifications.html

2. Using the Hugo with iPhone 5, and the Onkyo HF player - If all my files are already converted form FLAC to ALAC does playing them through the Onkyo app (along with the Hugo) add any sonic quality?

3. Also, regarding the Onkyo HF - do you enable up-sampling on the app or let the Hugo handle it?

Thanks!

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #5,413 of 15,694
You can do what you wish. For me I keep,it as I bought the music. As flac or red book or dsd. But you can up sample
Al

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #5,414 of 15,694
  Posted to those who have an HTC1-M8. I've connected the iPhone to the Hugo, very inelegant with the dongles sticking out.

With the camera adapter the Hugo recognizes the iPhone.

The Hugo does not recognize the HTC1-M8 - the music comes out of the HTC's speakers only.

The two are connected with the micro male to micro male.

I downloaded Android apps PowerAmp and DoubleTwist - not tested yet, not even sure if these are applicable to streaming HTC to Hugo.

Any suggestions?

you need to get USB Audio Recorder PRO from the Android Store.  that should solve it.

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #5,415 of 15,694

it's the carry case, I think it being made of leather was the ultimate clue.. as far as I know there are no changes to the chassis.

btw you'll be needing the camera-kit for your iThingy.

regarding the leather carrying case, I think it is better to use it along with small size  "Grid-It" (http://www.cocooninnovations.com/grid.php)
it will avoid applying pressure on the micro-usb ports as walking around..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back