Chord Hugo
May 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #3,141 of 15,694
Personally I love the knob.
God, did I really just write that.

I guess I just find it hard to turn at times with my sweaty fingers. It just does not give me the same lever of control I am accustom with volume knobs. But that is a minor thing, I am set for my so called DAC unit. I am happy to report I am getting close to 10 using 24/96 files set at the level just under green. 

May 18, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,144 of 15,694
You missed all the fun last night, it's from a pair of Crystal Cable Dreamline interconnects for $7,700

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/11970

That's beginning with a modified AK120 with coaxial output, Dreamline 3.5-mm to RCA coaxial cable, Hugo's coaxial input, Hugo's 6.3-mm output, 6.3-mm to 3.5-mm adapter, Dreamline 3.5-mm to 3.5-mm TRS cable, 3.5-mm female to female coupler, and FitEar 001.

DIY Dreamline should cost almost $1,000 a piece according to Rudi, that's his friend spent roughly $7,000 for the whole transportable rig.

Wow! While I respect the owner's decision, I will not spend that kind of money on cables and interconnects.

May 18, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3,145 of 15,694
Ok guy,can you get a chord cd transport with say the QBD 76 DAC REPLACEMENT and get the same results as the chord reference cd player and reference pre amp mate?

May 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #3,148 of 15,694
My experience of it popping in an out is use of 3.5mm optical adaptors, which do not work well. I asked Matt at Chord, and he kindly replied on a Sunday morning and said:

" This sounds more like a problem with the optical cable or the 3.5mm optical adapter. The AK products and the Mac both use the 3.5mm optical connector which means you need the special cable or adapter. I have had various reports of the adapters not working or breaking the signal. We can supply a known working toslink to 3.5mm cable if required. Many of our distributors have spare stock of cables they can send out."

Hi VZ and Rob

So far I have not problem with my Hugo , I am still waiting the new chassis coming by end of this month.

I just know from joseph sys Concept , as my friend asked me why his sys concept toslink to toslink use mini plug adapter can transfer only 24 biit / 96 KHz .

Joseph answer :

Mini plug adapter block the flow from the optic signal reduce to 24 bit / 96 KHz

The best solution I must order toslink to mini plug , or mini plug to mini plug

May 18, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #3,149 of 15,694
Hi VZ and Rob

So far I have not problem with my Hugo , I am still waiting the new chassis coming by end of this month.

I just know from joseph sys Concept , as my friend asked me why his sys concept toslink to toslink use mini plug adapter can transfer only 24 biit / 96 KHz .

Joseph answer :

Mini plug adapter block the flow from the optic signal reduce to 24 bit / 96 KHz

I tried loads of 3.5mm adaptors and none gave above 96khz.
Answer is definitely 3.5mm to toslink for AK240.

May 18, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #3,150 of 15,694
Hi VZ and Rob

Joseph answer :

They should not charge for the new chassis (shipping charge ok), since they made the mistake of making the holes too small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back