Chord Hugo
May 17, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #3,106 of 15,694
I should say only difference I heard was in crossfeed

Podeschi, are you still finding the Blue Dragon USB Micro cable your preferred PC connector to the Hugo HD Micro port?

On a side note, do you think it worth while to use a high end USB cable for connection from an ADC to the PC?  I'm thinking no, because there is no analogue conversion once the digital information transfers thru the USB cable?  But I hear confliction accounts.

Yes the blue dragon is my favorite. I have the silver dragon and reach more often for the blue...smoother whereas the silver has some bite to it. I never thought a USB cable blue v silver v stock would matter ...but I do hear a difference.

May 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #3,107 of 15,694
My domestic digital source is lossless files stored in a NAS into a Squeezebox Touch with a Teddy Pardo power-supply, and a Teddy Pardo USB to S/PDIF 192 kHz converter into the Hugo using coax input.

Amplification is a Naim reference system. Hugo line out RCAs into Naim pre-amp.

I use Harbeth speakers these days

Awesome setup!

May 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3,108 of 15,694
I remember the days when I was single,never bothered going the pub much and put my money into hifi,audio works from Manchester delivered my utopia speakers in these massive boxes,the blokes from audio works were stuck in traffic but the delivery bloke turned up,I was pretty big at the time all geared up and told him we can take them off the wagon don't wait for the lads from audio works,think he nearly had a heart attack helping me lift them off lol,we put them on the garden and ppl were walking past not knowing they just walked past one of the best ten speakers in the world at the time and only one of two in the country,they were reviewed in a hifi magazine as they went to the blokes house the one that I bought them from,audio works turned up an hour later and got the trolley and wheeled them into my house,they said I was the biggest hifi nut they ever came across lol,I had mezo utopia speakers on the rear lol and a stack of bryston 7 b mono blocks up to the ceiling,oh my God it was amazing for music and films,if when you die their is a place and time you can go back to its that day.What's that got to do with the Hugo you may ask,well absolutely nothing and if you wanna ban Me from this site then go ahead,we all real ppl just speaking our mind surely it's not a crime and let's face it the Mrs ain't interested.I've been kicking myself for the last few years now,I had a 40 grand mortgage and now I'm older and settled down Me and the Mrs have less to live on,my mortgage is 113 thousand now through spending so much on hifi but now I look back and think I had one hell of a time spending the money on hifi,yes I've got the rest of my life now to pay for it,could of been mortgage free now but hey life goes on and I do have regrets but if I had my life back i probably wouldn't change a thing

Thanks for sharing your story. That was fun to read about the speakers being delivered and bryston amps stacked to the ceiling.

May 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #3,112 of 15,694
The saying goes you work to live or live to work or work to listen to top hifi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #3,113 of 15,694
There is quite a lot of volume play in a single color. It could be the edge or the beginning of color range and differences is huge with iem

There are 3 changes in volume per colour, each step is 1dB. It was difficult deciding upon a big range to cover lots of headphones, plus having a clearly defined colour (not too many shades that you can't distinguish). I think it's about right given the constraints.  

May 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #3,115 of 15,694
Hi guys,when I been using the hugo with my hd800,ive also been using the hdvd 800 amp with the balance cable,but 2day I thought I'd just use Hugo.i know rob watts thinks this is the best way 2 hear the hugo, all I can say is they both sound amazing.2mor I will test both ways with 1 peace of music and see which 1 is the best.

May 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #3,118 of 15,694
May 17, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #3,119 of 15,694
May be someone can help: HUGO connected to my MacBook Pro can play songs coming from iTUNE as well as from any SAFARI applications, but... not from CHROME ! Any idea why CHROME do not output to the HUGO ?

May 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #3,120 of 15,694
Received the 2tb seagate wireless plus today. What format files are required to stream 192 files? It isn't recognizing aif files thru CCK into HD USB. If I change the extension to aiff then it worked sporadically. Any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back