Chord Hugo
May 16, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,046 of 15,694
My experience was somewhat different.

I picked my Hugo up just before a flight. Using it with AK240, I noticed immediately that each musical instrument seemed more distinctive but the overall improvements were initially perceived as 'smaller than expected“.

After falling asleep (more like short naps) and awaken several times with the music playing, it suddenly dawned on me that it is music I have never experienced before.

I love the AK240 + Hugo connected by the optical cable came with the purchase. Any suggestions as to which third party optical cable is best with Hugo + AK240?

Try the Sys Concept cables. Superb fit with Hugo and the AK240. So good I bought two in case I lose one.

May 16, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #3,050 of 15,694
hi cheznous,

did you use their proposed dimensions for connection from AK240 to Hugo?

"For Hugo/AK240, Toslink to MiniPlug dia. 5mm - 6.5cm c2c 21.deg.".

thanks

Yes. Am listening to the same set up as I type this. Except i use black tack to hold the two units together, i love that stuff.

May 16, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #3,053 of 15,694
Agreed. It's an understatement to call the HUGO a game changer. There are "best buys" out there. This is a steal. I also hope to get the PS Audio DAC and MSB Analog DAC in, soon to compare these to each other. A friend with good ears compared the Hugo with the MSB and said, "close." We'll see, however I don't post reviews here. Will look forward to a connector kit for iPhone from you Drew. Did anyone suggest the Hugo is a terrific match with the LCD-Xes?

Agreed! For the money it's ridiculously good! I just don't think it's seeped through to many audiophiles how revolutionary it is! I've listened to Hugo and the MSB Analog extensively and it is too close to call! IMO. I'm listening through the LCD -X s now. The level of detail and musicality is astonishing. " I'm there"

May 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3,054 of 15,694
Desperately waiting for a comparison with the M7 
popcorn.gif

May 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #3,058 of 15,694
There is an authentication chip in the Lightning to USB Camera connection kit to allow digital data flow to and from the iphone/ipad/touch with external usb peripherals (hdd, dac ...). The Lightning to micro usb adapter only allows for charging and sync to itunes for pc with micro usb connectors.

Thank you, a really helpful answer. I had no idea.

May 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #3,059 of 15,694
  My new version Hugo came with 3 different optical cables and sounds fuller bodied than my first unit. Yes, the new version does sound slightly better than the first Hugo I had.

Are you sure this isn't due to using optical input with your new unit, and, based upon previous posts, you were using coax in with your old?? Even Rob Watts prefers optical...

Ouch! Mine is the first batch. :frowning2:

I wouldn't worry about it. So is mine, and it sounds sublime.

May 16, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #3,060 of 15,694
  Yes, the new version does sound slightly better than the first Hugo I had.

sa92058 is always trying to stir the pot.  I would take this comment with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back