Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #556 of 1,686
I'm getting gsx mk2 and I figure I'll be reading some manuals after. I'm also need to have advice concerning volume, cross feed, how does one toggle between line out and hp.?
The manual Chord supply is very simple and straightforward to follow. To use the TT as a DAC just hold down the crossfeed button MOMENTARILY while flipping the on switch. Don't hold the crossfeed button down for too long otherwise it can lead to the inputs labels being rearranged (not mentioned in the manual), as I found out when I first got the unit. The volume starts on red  - the lowest setting so all you have to do is advance it to the level which sounds best to you. Do NOT connect headphones to the TT when it is in DAC mode or you may damage them, your hearing or both! I have it set half a turn into light blue which I feel gives the best dynamic range used as a DAC into my Sennheiser HDVD amp - I prefer my Sennheiser HD800S's driven in balanced mode. Unfortunately, though possibly for the best on safety grounds, you have to do this each time you switch on the TT - if you want to use it as a DAC of course.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #557 of 1,686
I'm getting gsx mk2 and I figure I'll be reading some manuals after. I'm also need to have advice concerning volume, cross feed, how does one toggle between line out and hp.?

According to the manual, you can activate the line level output by pressing the Xfeed button and switching on the TT at the same time. However, at least for my TT, this give rise to distortion on my headphone amp so I lower it. Now that my TT is faulty, it always switches the volume level to high but not enough to give any distortion on my amp 
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #558 of 1,686
Thx for the info. Guys :beerchug:

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #559 of 1,686
I'm a new owner of a TT, it keeps me up late at nights.  I love it.  The noise floor is bottomless.  Pictured here:

iPod Touch -> CCK -> Cardas Clear Serial Buss -> Hugo TT -> Cardas HPI mini to mini -> Shure KSE1500 (spin fit tips)
all sitting atop Symposium isolation.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #563 of 1,686
Mmm......in line out activated mode, my chord tt starts with light blue. That is also what the manual of the tt clearly states. Same with the chord hugo and, I think, the mojo. If is does not start with light blue, you are doing it wrong.

See manual: http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/files/HugoTT%20manual.pdf

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #564 of 1,686
Mmm......in line out activated mode, my chord tt starts with light blue. That is also what the manual of the tt clearly states. Same with the chord hugo and, I think, the mojo. If is does not start with light blue, you are doing it wrong.

See manual: http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/files/HugoTT%20manual.pdf

Thanks for that just one question. Does not turning off your TT bring it back to non line out mode on next start up? The manual says to turn off line out mode hit cross feed when turning on again, to go back to hp out.? Another words are you in line out mode from the time one sets it, or does one have to re set each start up?

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #565 of 1,686
I'm a new owner of a TT, it keeps me up late at nights.  I love it.  The noise floor is bottomless.  Pictured here:

iPod Touch -> CCK -> Cardas Clear Serial Buss -> Hugo TT -> Cardas HPI mini to mini -> Shure KSE1500 (spin fit tips)
all sitting atop Symposium isolation.

Nice set up, but do try plugging in that note book through hd USB port and try out the galvanized USB 384 32 bit midi option. It's a wonderful thing with TT

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #566 of 1,686
Thanks for that just one question. Does not turning off your TT bring it back to non line out mode on next start up? The manual says to turn off line out mode hit cross feed when turning on again, to go back to hp out.? Another words are you in line out mode from the time one sets it, or does one have to re set each start up?

Mmm,...no.  you need to go through the same procedure to deactivate line-out mode. Turning off and on will not restore normal mode.

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #567 of 1,686
  Mmm,...no.  you need to go through the same procedure to deactivate line-out mode. Turning off and on will not restore normal mode.

raypin is correct. Once you set the TT to line level output, it stays that way until you deactivate it. Even when you switch the TT off and on again, it will still stay at the line level output. And the colour of the volume wheel should be light purple/blue at line level output.

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #568 of 1,686
Jul 27, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #569 of 1,686

In normal mode, the volume wheel, when the TT is switched on, should be red in colour. I believe what you have done is reset (deactivated) the line level output mode. Try pressing the Xfeed button and switching the TT on again. The volume wheel should turn light purple/blue. You need to hold on to the Xfeed button until the TT is completely switched on before releasing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back