Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #526 of 1,686
Not heard the noise. But will have a listen.

I can live with that if it cuts out when the LEDs do. Price you pay for a few seconds of useful on screen info.

As to the remote... My volume has always messed up the inputs to the extent I was thinking of sending it back. It doesn't always do it, hence why I think it may stop...

But it always comes back! If I am not the only one, then is this a remote problem or a device software issue?

It's usually the volume up button I think, changing the input instead. Infuriating.

you two are talking speakers right? I don't have any issues hp wise nor do I ever use the remote. Again I'm a few weeks away from my pre amp and don't plan on using speakers at any rate.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #527 of 1,686
rca and xlr outputs, not an issue through headphone out.

Is there any possibility of Chord being able to update firmware/software or make any other changes to TT so that display can be switched off to resolve this issue? This spoils an otherwise amazing unit. Thanks.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #528 of 1,686
rca and xlr outputs, not an issue through headphone out.

Is there any possibility of Chord being able to update firmware/software or make any other changes to TT so that display can be switched off to resolve this issue? Thanks.

But shouldn't there be a problem with xlr and RCA outs to pre amp? There are no reported issues into gsx mk2 then to hp out.

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #530 of 1,686
  sorry, i dont know. I dont have a preamp to test as i use tt as preamp direct to active speakers (built in power amp in speakers).

Ok, sorry to hear this. amended silly recommendation.

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #533 of 1,686
Ok, sorry to hear this. amended silly recommendation.

I don't have this noise problem but I am using headphones exclusively. So maybe it is somehow confine to folks using speakers.

It's not just speakers but power amp speakers. Possibly using TT with its new power amp to non powered speakers is a solution?

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #535 of 1,686
the noise will be there whatever is connected to the rca or xlr outouts (preamp, poweramp, or integrated amp)

That's news to me. I'll get back to you in a few weeks with my tests.

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #536 of 1,686
  i suspect the noise will be there whatever is connected to the rca or xlr outputs such as preamp, poweramp, or integrated amp.

Just to clarify, on my setup, I am using the XLR out to my headphone amp and I do not hear any noise with the LCD lights on or off. I experienced the same on a different hi-end headphone amp recently. No noise.

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #540 of 1,686
The noise is not affected by volume control so line out mode will make no difference. As Rob Watts stated the noise is coming from the display so there is nothing you can do. Perhaps someone can spread a light on why I can hear it through active speakers and others cannot through an additional second headphone preamp using headphones. I'm sure there will be a technical reason for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back