Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Jan 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #961 of 1,858
Ruben... I kid you not, I dropped a Hugo down a metal staircase and it was bouncing up & down faster than a re-coiled Zebedee on speed, it crashed into a lovely oak door landing on a concrete floor, not a mark of blemish on the case... the Hugo is pretty robust and would probably fair pretty well against its bigger brothers greatest foe, the fabled Russsian tank... only one winner that contest and it weren't the tank, it was the QBD.

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #962 of 1,858
If the hugo is brushed alum as I thinking is.
Any coating is just a clear coating on our cars.
For you to have a couge as shown there is only two ways for thus to occur
One from factory casting and it's sand hole from a bad mold. But much more
Likely it's something that was in the bag harder then the alum. Not really hard to imagine this weather you have found the cause or not. A simple coin in the bag is plenty hard enough to cause the damage. Just rubbing on it is very possible
Al

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #963 of 1,858
If the hugo is brushed alum as I thinking is.
Any coating is just a clear coating on our cars.
For you to have a couge as shown there is only two ways for thus to occur
One from factory casting and it's sand hole from a bad mold. But much more
Likely it's something that was in the bag harder then the alum. Not really hard to imagine this weather you have found the cause or not. A simple coin in the bag is plenty hard enough to cause the damage. Just rubbing on it is very possible
Al

"Like all Chord Electronics products, Hugo is built to last. The casework is precision- machined from aircraft-grade aluminium, with a bright silver hard-anodised finish."

http://chordelectronics.co.uk/products-info.asp?id=92

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #964 of 1,858
If you wish to use the Hugo with apple products you need the CCK
Usb adaptor.period. Any sub cable male usb to micro sub cable will work. No special otg cable is needed. The otg I think is for android devices.
Also to play dsd with I phones or I devices it is also needed. With onkyo hd player

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #965 of 1,858

Hugo v Russian Tank...
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #966 of 1,858
some truly electrifying post today... almost as exciting as receiving some Final Audio Design Pandora VI's & Heir 8.0's today... Hugo & ZX1 fully charged & raring to go... :tongue_smile:   

Happy New Year Head-Fi'ers & Hugo'istas ... :beerchug:  

I got myself a set of Heir 8.0's in the recent Black Friday sale..a very nice iem with great build quality, a touch of warmth to the sound.Hopefully when this year's audio budget takes shape for me I can take the plunge on a Hugo and pair them up :)

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #967 of 1,858

Hugo v Russian Tank...
bigsmile_face.gif

Is Mr-T new tank slogan "Get some Hugo's"!! ?

How are the Heir 8.0's mating with the Hugo then?  

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #968 of 1,858
I got myself a set of Heir 8.0's in the recent Black Friday sale..a very nice iem with great build quality, a touch of warmth to the sound.Hopefully when this year's audio budget takes shape for me I can take the plunge on a Hugo and pair them up :)

I agree it makes for a very nice paring. The bass drivers are amazing .
Al

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #969 of 1,858
I agree it makes for a very nice paring. The bass drivers are amazing .
Al

You're not helping my situation here regards my wallet Al :p It is some great low end on the 8.0,what also impresses me is,I could gladly listen all day without getting fatigued or anything..

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #970 of 1,858
Yes this is very true. The 8.0 ,s are designed for big stage sound. So orchestra is sweet. But any music is non fatiguing over all. The fit is very good as the build quality . But truly the bass makes your ears warble inside if need be. Very intense while being very clean and detailed.
Al

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #971 of 1,858
in my possession I have two full-sized headphones, Beyerdynamic T90's & FAD Pandora VI's, both have their benefits hard to pick which I prefer... the 8.0's are superbly well made & super smooth in delivery imo.

you'll have to wait until tomorrow when I post some proper thoughts as I'm not at my abode, unfortunately all three will be leaving me later... I'm a tad gutted in truth.

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #973 of 1,858
  Heya guys
anyone have experience about the Hugo with an android phone? I tried a demo yesterday but It have beeps sound in the background when I use Poweramp

I don't have experience with Android myself, but I noticed that Onkyo HF Player (which I use with my iPhone 6) is also available for Android. You might give that a try instead of Poweramp.

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #974 of 1,858
Now that is cool. Does it play DSd as on the iPhone's. And do we need a OTG usb cable ??
Lastly who is using ot worthy hugo. Let's go pep,e fess up man.
Al

Jan 4, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #975 of 1,858

IT cannot find my hugo . its a note 4 on 4.4  it plays out of the headphone or speker . even dsf files but no digtal output. even on low usb hugo input.  I am using a OTG cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back