Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Jan 4, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #976 of 1,858
  Well done optical has some advantages. 

today i tried the included Toslink cable. To my surprise the included toslink cable sounded better than RCA nordost valhalla and RCA synergistic CTS. Both cables cost same as hugo but free tousling cable was better. Anyone else have the same experience. I am using PS audio transport as source.

I have the same experience.  I find the included free toslink (white) interconnect to sound better and perceptibly more detailed than either Moon Audio's or SysConcept's.    Unfortunately, its length makes it difficult to be used on-the-go.

Jan 4, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #978 of 1,858
Nice 6k rig. It's amazing how much we carry around to listen to iur music

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #979 of 1,858

I have the same experience.  I find the included free toslink (white) interconnect to sound better and perceptibly more detailed than either Moon Audio's or SysConcept's.    Unfortunately, its length makes it difficult to be used on-the-go.

I use the white cable on-the-go without issue, as I'm able to tuck it into the retaining straps of the Chord leather case. Here's a pic I posted yesterday in another thread.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #980 of 1,858

I don't have experience with Android myself, but I noticed that Onkyo HF Player (which I use with my iPhone 6) is also available for Android. You might give that a try instead of Poweramp.

FYI, Android >> Onkyo HF Player >> Hugo works... 

...on the Hugo's "driverless USB input 16-bit/48kHz-capable (designed for tablets/phones)", a.k.a. the other/lesser USB output.  Oh, and, one needs to *select this output* on Hugo. 
wink.gif

Sounds decent enough for CD rips. Being as it were that the output is limited to 16/48, I have not bothered to try high-res files. 

Cheers.

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #981 of 1,858
Jan 5, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #982 of 1,858
This is how I usually carry my rig.  The stock (white) toslink interconnect will most likely get snagged on something while I am on the move.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #983 of 1,858
At the moment I use my rig mostly at the office. Tomorrow I need to travel for work and that will be the first opportunity to take it with me in the road :)
Nice rigs guys! Keep on sharing :p

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #986 of 1,858

Chord Electronics Hugo set-up at CES featuring headphones from Sennheiser- HD800, Audeze - LCD3, Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI headphones and Heir Audio 8.0 & Rhapsodio RTi1 IEM's.

I want a Hugo in black. I think I will take mine apart and paint it. . . . or have it graffitied. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #988 of 1,858
Listened today to my portable rig (Hugo + Shue Se846's) like almost every day for the last the weeks. This night finally the opportunity to fire up my main rig(stereo), wow. The Hugo is really good but (luckely) I am still impressed with my main rig, especially after only listening to the Hugo. Ofcourse this is comparing apples to oranges...so I will not go there. The Hugo replacing the dac in my main rig would be interesting, still need to make some time for that.
Happy that I can appreciate both systems, and the dac and amps from the main rig are a bit to heavy to take to the office everyday
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #989 of 1,858

Chord Electronics Hugo set-up at CES featuring headphones from Sennheiser- HD800, Audeze - LCD3, Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI headphones and Heir Audio 8.0 & Rhapsodio RTi1 IEM's.

Looks like they're feeding the black hugo with an AK120. Nice!

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #990 of 1,858
  Listened today to my portable rig (Hugo + Shue Se846's) like almost every day for the last the weeks. This night finally the opportunity to fire up my main rig(stereo), wow. The Hugo is really good but (luckely) I am still impressed with my main rig, especially after only listening to the Hugo. Ofcourse this is comparing apples to oranges...so I will not go there. The Hugo replacing the dac in my main rig would be interesting, still need to make some time for that.
Happy that I can appreciate both systems, and the dac and amps from the main rig are a bit to heavy to take to the office everyday
biggrin.gif

Just curious... which DAC are you using with your 'main rig'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back