1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by duncan, Jul 25, 2014.
Tags:
First

Back
114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123
  1. rumina
    I made a cool little project, a portable music streamer/player with a Raspberry Pi Zero W for my Chord Hugo or any usb dac (using RuneAudio). Stream music/radio stations, play local stored files, a diy poly for your usb dac.

Runtime is up to 13h, i have used a 128gb micro sd card for local storage.

raspberry_pi_zero_w_18650_chord_hugo.jpg

Hardware cost 20 usd + microsd card + printing cost.

It's a portable version of my Chord Mojo docking station, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716990, a universal portable version with 18650 battery and standard mirco usb connector.

Grab the files and instructions here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2267531

A smaller/flat version for my Chord Mojo comming soon :).

x RELIC x, kvik and mathi8vadhanan like this.
  2. mathi8vadhanan
    Looks amazing. Looking forward to the Mojo version.

3. rkt31
    today I got c2g digital coaxial to optical converter. I did not want to buy an expensive dap with optical out . so I fed fiio x3 2nd gen digital coaxial out to c2g converter. fiio L21 cable with few ferrites removed all RFI and emi effect , also c2g converter was powered with 4AA battery pack instead of supplied ac adapter. converter's optical out was fed to mojo and Hugo. sound this way had better focus to vocals and better bass definition while retaining black background of ferrite core attached L21 cable feeding directly to coaxial input of mojo/Hugo. the c2g converter is not yet broken in, still sounding already better in many areas than digital coaxial route

4. dcfac73
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but, how does the Hugo compare with desktop rigs such as the Schiit Jottenheim?

5. LightBlue77
    hi everyone,
    has anyone any experience connecting hugo to usb-c socket on smartphones and feed it via UAPP? how does it pair?
    there are 2 micro usb inputs on hugo, i read somewhere that one of them is the normal DAC input for whole range of sample and bit rates and the other is for smartphones and tablets but is limited to cd quality. is this true?

6. PhilW
    use the one nearest the power on switch

First

Back
114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123