Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Aug 26, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #362 of 1,858
It may simply be a CCK which has had the USB socket replaced with a micro USB plug. That would explain the bulge on the micro USB end.

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #363 of 1,858
Curr do you have one for review ?? Meaning the ifi dsd micro. I would like your review or view on this. .

Al

Aug 27, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #364 of 1,858
when will the case be released, now I have a small scratch on the chassis

I was wondering if Hugo would sell just the chassis for people who are interested in replacing it

I want to keep mine without any sign of use as I consider this a treasure.

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #366 of 1,858
It may simply be a CCK which has had the USB socket replaced with a micro USB plug. That would explain the bulge on the micro USB end.

Thank you Currawong For Your Sharing

I just got explanation from My diy Friend as follow :

your lightning is Mod from third party cck ?
just tell them it do have cck chip but take note this cable cannot work with Cypher Labs , Sony and Venture Craft DAC

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #367 of 1,858
Thabks for your persistence in obtaining an answer .
Al

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #369 of 1,858
AL: No, unfortunately not. I still need to write up a Hugo review and/or make a video about it.

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #370 of 1,858
I wish you were closer I would loan it to you. It's pretty cool and given it's price point even better.
I do look forward to your review. I use the Hugo daily pretty nice DAC with CIEMS. But expensive too.

Thanks for replying.
Al

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #374 of 1,858
Thinking about pairing the Hugo (or an alternative) with a Samsung S5. Will the Hugo work perfectly with the S5 and high resolution 24bit files?

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #375 of 1,858
  Thinking about pairing the Hugo (or an alternative) with a Samsung S5. Will the Hugo work perfectly with the S5 and high resolution 24bit files?

The best way to use Hugo with android is with Usb audio player pro. I tried different Android devices with Hugo. Some of them worked better and some of them didn't. The biggest problem is the so called "glitching", small clicks and pops that you get when playing music. I hate glitch and it sounds awful. I tried samsung galaxy tab pro 2014 --> glitching, Sony xperia z1 ultra--> glitching. Note that this was a couple of months ago and the usb audio player pro could be updated now and the glitching issues with several devices could be solved. My personal recommendation is to try something else than android as a transport, it just works better.... You can get an astell & kern ak100 pretty cheap these days. In my opinion the perfect transports for the Hugo (doesn't do DSD as far as I know but who cares)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back