Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 3, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #6,541 of 18,788
6BCB66D2-06AE-427A-84A3-EF373681D75C.jpeg
I updated the Poly to 1.0.17. I’m able to playback/listen via Roon to the Poly (zone output) after config set up playback mode on Poly page. I now think I understand...you cannot toggle between output modes (Roon or Other output). It appears that you have to choose one (Roon) or the other (Airplay et al.). If you want to ‘toggle’ between Roon playback & Airplay (for example)...you have to use the config tool & manually reselect either config playback (no option for both). If this is true...wow! I thought playback mode from any output would be seamless. Not a problem if you’re ok with just streaming from the Roon library (Tidal). Clunky if you want to hop from Roon to Spotify or 8 player and so on.

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #6,542 of 18,788
I updated the Poly to 1.0.17. I’m able to playback/listen via Roon to the Poly (zone output) after config set up playback mode on Poly page. I now think I understand...you cannot toggle between output modes (Roon or Other output). It appears that you have to choose one (Roon) or the other (Airplay et al.). If you want to ‘toggle’ between Roon playback & Airplay (for example)...you have to use the config tool & manually reselect either config playback (no option for both). If this is true...wow! I thought playback mode from any output would be seamless. Not a problem if you’re ok with just streaming from the Roon library (Tidal). Clunky if you want to hop from Roon to Spotify or 8 player and so on.

That's exactly what I need to do to switch between Roon (at home) and the SD card or Tidal offline (when I'm out). We are all waiting anxiously for the release of the GoFigure app to simplify this process. If you're on iOS it shouldn't be long, Android will be about 5 or 6 weeks longer.

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #6,543 of 18,788
This build of Glider has just been released to the App Store as the official 1.7.0 release. A big thank you to the community here for the incredible amount of help and feedback you continue to provide us with.

We've also been hard at work on the upcoming 1.8 feature set, which will add iTunes File Sharing capability so you can stream files stored on your phone to your Poly, including Hi-Res Flac and DSD. If anyone is interested in this feature, send me a message and I'll get you set up with an early TestFlight build.
Chord should buy your company

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #6,544 of 18,788
You've all seen Terminator. You've all heard of the IOT. That's how it will start although for now Poly is clearly not self-aware. IMHO, every device should have an on-off button or switch which when double-clicked or held down for a longer time will initiate a total thermonuclear reset option. That's how we will stop the machines when they rise up against us. We will simply turn them off. Poly shows all the signs of being one of the first to join the revolt. The designers at Chord obviously disagree with me and chose another path, a switchless path. All I can say is that over the last few months with Poly I have needed that switch hundreds of times. It would have made life with Poly much easier.

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #6,545 of 18,788
Just heard from my dealer the North American distributor Bluebird is not going to be bringing in the Premium Van Nuys case for Mojo/Poly. @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett @MoonAudio (not who I heard this) can you confirm if true. If so @ChordElectronics which UK dealer will ship to USA Canada.

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #6,546 of 18,788
Feb 3, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #6,547 of 18,788
You've all seen Terminator. You've all heard of the IOT. That's how it will start although for now Poly is clearly not self-aware. IMHO, every device should have an on-off button or switch which when double-clicked or held down for a longer time will initiate a total thermonuclear reset option. That's how we will stop the machines when they rise up against us. We will simply turn them off. Poly shows all the signs of being one of the first to join the revolt. The designers at Chord obviously disagree with me and chose another path, a switchless path. All I can say is that over the last few months with Poly I have needed that switch hundreds of times. It would have made life with Poly much easier.

John Franks wanted to include an off/off switch, but once his robot overlords hit 1 million taps, thanks to Rob Watts, they became self aware and forbade it. They are running Chord now and we are on their timeline for world domination. Matt is a robot....

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #6,548 of 18,788
John Franks wanted to include an off/off switch, but once his robot overlords hit 1 million taps, thanks to Rob Watts, they became self aware and forbade it. They are running Chord now and we are on their timeline for world domination. Matt is a robot....

John Connor .... I mean John Franks will be able beat the machines luckly.

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #6,549 of 18,788
This is not true. There have been changes beyond just go figure support including changes to DLNA and other low level changes.

Their has ? I thought someone said earlier in the thread that the got told the only change was support for gofigure?

Ahwell, their goes my theory. Chord seem to be on the right track now then because my poly is working pretty good in hotspot mode and playing from the sd card.

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #6,550 of 18,788
Their has ? I thought someone said earlier in the thread that the got told the only change was support for gofigure?

Ahwell, their goes my theory. Chord seem to be on the right track now then because my poly is working pretty good in hotspot mode and playing from the sd card.

I said it an it was reported to me by Matt from Chord (but now we know he’s a robot). However, that may be true for 1.0.17, technically. But we have seen an example of units shipping with the never released (as on over the air update) version 1.0.15), so there may be things fixed in unreleased updates. In any case, they haven’t added 1.0.17 to this page yet, but here are the update release notes:
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/poly-firmware-updates/

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #6,555 of 18,788
I would be hard-pressed to claim a difference between Roon and SD card sound quality. Both are superb. I would concede the reviewer should be much more experienced than I am at making these judgments. I thought it was a very well-written review and quite positive for Poly.

I actually slightly prefer Roon to SD, but I use crossfeed and EQ in Roon which is not possible with SD, so it’s not comparing like with like.

I note that he made a point about his devices pairing very nicely and lay perfectly flat on his desktop - not at all bent and uneven. He also mentionend about not getting it wet, so I’m guessing that he must have visited this thread! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back