Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Nov 17, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #4,441 of 6,739
My manual has the colour coding wrong, it states 1V red, 2V green , 3V blue. My ears tell me your suggestion is right, but I wanted to ask and make sure I m not going crazy!

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #4,444 of 6,739
Chord should make an external power supply for the Qutest with a matching chassis. I’ve read so many posts on this thread about users finding an after-market LPS that makes the Qutest sound better, and I imagine there is some validity in their claims.

I’m still using the stock wall-wart, and I suppose at some point I might try an alternative; but since tweaking the Qutest is so popular, Chord could make some money.

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #4,450 of 6,739
I’m also running an IFI ipower with my qutest, and i am definitely sure it is not garbage. I am separating the ipower from the rest of the component in the power strip using an ac ipurifier (plugging the ipower at the end of the power strip, with the ac ipurifier in front if it). Definite improvement compared to the stock smps, more separation, more air. Will there be more/bigger improvement using better/more expensive psu in the

So would you say that iPower 5V should be used in combination with AC iPurifier? Have you tried to use them separately? Thanks)

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #4,453 of 6,739
Chord Company & Chord Electronics - same, relatives or namesakes? :thinking:
I buy wires for Qutest and I just had a question about this. Although it does not matter .. :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware there is no connection at all between the two companies and the only thing they have in common is the word 'Chord' in their names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back