Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Apr 25, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #3,649 of 6,740
What Headphone Amplifier are you guys using with the Qutest ?

With 2 amps actually in the same time:

1) Solid State: Beyerdynamic A2
2) Tube: Feliks Audio Elise MK2

Because A2 has a great feature of Input 1 is hard looped to Output and works even if A2 is turned off, I "cascaded" both amps and I listen to each one depending on mood, to both or even to 3 headphones at the same time. What else can you dream of? And yes, Qutest is making them sound great.

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #3,650 of 6,740
Auralic Taurus MKII. High power, high resolution, very spacious with excellent depth, very transparent. Doing all of this without being cold or boring. Completely allows Qutest's brilliance to shine through.

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #3,651 of 6,740
With 2 amps actually in the same time:

1) Solid State: Beyerdynamic A2
2) Tube: Feliks Audio Elise MK2

Because A2 has a great feature of Input 1 is hard looped to Output and works even if A2 is turned off, I "cascaded" both amps and I listen to each one depending on mood, to both or even to 3 headphones at the same time. What else can you dream of? And yes, Qutest is making them sound great.

That sounds like a great idea! Are you noticing no effect on sq when you have both on at same time ?

My Icon has a loop out that works even when it is off but I never tried to use it.
So if I m getting this right you re taking the signal from Qutest in to the line in of your amo and then connecting the loop out to the second amp ?

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,652 of 6,740
And to the original question, I add a bit of extra “magic” to my Qutest with valves all the way , Icon Audio HP8 and Luxman SQ-N100 whose headphone out sounds absolutely brilliant with my Sennheisers!

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #3,653 of 6,740
And to the original question, I add a bit of extra “magic” to my Qutest with valves all the way , Icon Audio HP8 and Luxman SQ-N100 whose headphone out drives my Sennheisers stunningly!

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #3,654 of 6,740

Using a Leben CS300XS with the Qutest
An unapologetically musical pairing; beautiful vocals yet so so clear sounding

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #3,655 of 6,740
That sounds like a great idea! Are you noticing no effect on sq when you have both on at same time ?

My Icon has a loop out that works even when it is off but I never tried to use it.
So if I m getting this right you re taking the signal from Qutest in to the line in of your amo and then connecting the loop out to the second amp ?

Yes, the output of the Qutest goes to Input 1 of A2 and the output of A2 to the Input of Elise. I have not observed any sound degradation. The loop works even if A2 is unplugged from AC.

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #3,659 of 6,740
Lyr 3 or LP
THX AAA789 will be delivered in May

Users who are viewing this thread

Back