Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #9,136 of 22,522
Thanks guys above, I'll try 4 clicks.

First impressions, sounds so analogue compared to my M-DAC+. Sounds like vinyl but without the drawbacks and everything sounds just right and non-fatiguing.

Dunno if anyone listens to Purity Ring here but it sounds so euphoric with Hugo 2! It's like I'm being transported to another dimension lol.

OMG, thanks for suggestion of Purity Ring, just had a listen to Shrines on Spotify Free, a bit weird for me I'm afraid but all suggestions welcome. Can I counter with Beach House? And Warpaint's albums, 'Heads Up' and 'Warpaint'. They played at Glastonbury this summer, that's how I came across them, from the comfort of my sofa.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #9,138 of 22,522
Dignis just introduced a case for the Hugo2, it looks amazing, very well made, unfortunately it's not cheap.

It comes in 2 colors, black and blue, it has an aluminum plate on the back, it will definitely help top dissipate the heat.

http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/prod...ugo2-amp-case/182/?cate_no=85&display_group=1

This looks incredible, wow! Thanks for posting.

Although the design deviates from John's marble design by covering up the marbles with pill-shaped cutouts I have to say it looks fantastic. The asking price is certainly the highest I've yet seen but if I still had a Hugo 2 this would be a top consideration.

Now that I've had the TT for over a month I might be able to do a Hugo 2 vs TT comparison, I'm thinking it might help sway someone one direction or another if they're on the fence about which one to get.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #9,139 of 22,522
This looks incredible, wow! Thanks for posting.

Although the design deviates from John's marble design by covering up the marbles with pill-shaped cutouts I have to say it looks fantastic. The asking price is certainly the highest I've yet seen but if I still had a Hugo 2 this would be a top consideration.

Now that I've had the TT for over a month I might be able to do a Hugo 2 vs TT comparison, I'm thinking it might help sway someone one direction or another if they're on the fence about which one to get.

Yes,
hiding the marbles change the overall design and not everybody will like it but in this way it attenuates the brightness of the marble lights.

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #9,140 of 22,522
Dignis just introduced a case for the Hugo2, it looks amazing, very well made, unfortunately it's not cheap.

It comes in 2 colors, black and blue, it has an aluminum plate on the back, it will definitely help top dissipate the heat.

http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/prod...ugo2-amp-case/182/?cate_no=85&display_group=1

“Not possible to access this mobile site from your country”

So how do I buy one? Is there an actual order page you can point me in the direction of?

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #9,141 of 22,522
Dec 1, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #9,142 of 22,522
Nice case but so much more than Hugo 2 leather case.

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #9,144 of 22,522
Not really sure, where are you from?

try this link.
http://dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=182&cate_no=85&display_group=1

Or you can install a VPN and see if you can access the website through that.

I should add, whilst the link works it’s all in korean and when you try access the US part of the store i assume that would translate everything for you to english (I’m in Australia) just says it’s not available in your country. :frowning2:

Looks like its to hard to buy,

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #9,145 of 22,522
That case looks awesome.

Now keep in mind I owned my original h2 since launch, used it everyday and only sold it late last week, so what’s going on here? Maybe the supplied usb cable was messed up with my first hugo.

At the risk of causing confusion, early and later units could have different firmware. My original Mojo had a different volume color progression from later ones. Many, if not most manufacturers do ninja product updates to fix minor things.

That all being said, I've been listening to Radio Paradise from my iPad, which now has the option to stream FLAC, through an iUSB 3 to the Hugo 2 and the sound has been amazing.

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #9,146 of 22,522
That case looks awesome.

At the risk of causing confusion, early and later units could have different firmware. My original Mojo had a different volume color progression from later ones. Many, if not most manufacturers do ninja product updates to fix minor things.

That all being said, I've been listening to Radio Paradise from my iPad, which now has the option to stream FLAC, through an iUSB 3 to the Hugo 2 and the sound has been amazing.

I won’t hold you to that, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all, if that was the case it would be nice to push it out over a firmware download. It connects via usb anyway to a pc so wouldn’t be to hard if the code is already written, just add it to the download part of chords h2 webpage.

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #9,147 of 22,522
I won’t hold you to that, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all, if that was the case it would be nice to push it out over a firmware download. It connects via usb anyway to a pc so wouldn’t be to hard if the code is already written, just add it to the download part of chords h2 webpage.

It doesn't work that way with an FPGA. You need a serial adaptor to connect to the internal port and the development software, which risks bricking the unit if something screws up. Given the proprietary nature of the FPGA code, I don't see Chord allowing firmware binaries outside of their offices.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #9,149 of 22,522
I get socks

Only socks and no jocks!

tumblr_mr7orz5eCi1s2jszco1_400.gif

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #9,150 of 22,522

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back