Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 17, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #8,912 of 22,512
Thinking about getting a case “just seems ridiculous it doesn’t come with one” what are most of you using? I see s nice one on moon-audio site but it’s expensive as heck.

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #8,914 of 22,512
Thinking about getting a case “just seems ridiculous it doesn’t come with one” what are most of you using? I see s nice one on moon-audio site but it’s expensive as heck.
If you own something like Hugo 2 it makes sense to get a case for it, to be stress-free that your DAC will be in the best condition for many years to come.
I will get the original one soon as they available.

Nov 17, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #8,915 of 22,512
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #8,916 of 22,512
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #8,917 of 22,512
I drove Utopia out of them but wasn't all that impressed, it needed more juice. It wasn't bad by any means, but I wouldn't buy a Utopia and use only a Hugo 2. But I've never heard my Dita Dreams sound better including out of a ridiculous Yggy Raggy combo lol.

It has much more than enough "juice" for the Utopia.
The Utopia is 80 Ohms and makes 104 dB for 1 mW.
According to Mr. Watts the Hugo2 can produce 350mW into 80 Ohms.
The Utopias will make about 116dB with just 16mW. The Hugo2 can drive the Utopia much louder than that and the only result of listening at that kind of level is permanent and irreversible hearing damage.

There is plenty of juice as in quantity. What people may be confusing this with is quality. An external amplifier will impart it's own coloration/quality on the sound, for better or for worse.

http://www.digital-recordings.com/publ/pubear.html

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #8,918 of 22,512
It has much more than enough "juice" for the Utopia.
The Utopia is 80 Ohms and makes 104 dB for 1 mW.
According to Mr. Watts the Hugo2 can produce 350mW into 80 Ohms.
The Utopias will make about 116dB with just 16mW. The Hugo2 can drive the Utopia much louder than that and the only result of listening at that kind of level is permanent and irreversible hearing damage.

There is plenty of juice as in quantity. What people may be confusing this with is quality. An external amplifier will impart it's own coloration/quality on the sound, for better or for worse.

http://www.digital-recordings.com/publ/pubear.html
That was what I meant. It easily gets loud enough I just didn’t personally enjoy the sound which makes me a minority as I’ve learned.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #8,920 of 22,512
Yes.. but... Amazon prime...

Some people would don't have the patience to wait a couple weeks when they can get a different case in just a couple days :gs1000smile:

Amazon has spoiled us rotten lol...

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #8,921 of 22,512
Yes, is called 2Go and won't be long till release. Will worth the wait.

Thank you.

Is there a thread for the 2Go?

Or could anyone refer me to a page with official Chord information about it?

I would like to buy together in one go the Hugo2 + the 2Go (so I have deferred my purchase of the Hugo2) ,
and also to suggest features (e.g. possibility of attaching a SSD below the Hugo2) if not too late.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #8,922 of 22,512
Thank you.

I would like to buy together in one go the Hugo2 + the 2Go (so I have deferred my purchase of the Hugo2) ,
and also to suggest features (e.g. possibility of attaching a SSD below the Hugo2) if not too late.
I don't think Chord has asked for suggestions. Anyway, if it's coming out in January, I doubt any suggestions could be implimented at this time.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #8,923 of 22,512
Thank you.

My advice is to get Hugo 2 now and the case for it, and get the 2Go after, so you get to enjoy the DAC longer:)

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #8,924 of 22,512
My advice is to get Hugo 2 now and the case for it, and get the 2Go after, so you get to enjoy the DAC longer:)

But I would need a case for the Hugo2 alone,
which case would become useless when I buy the 2Go and would buy another case housing both the Hugo2 + 2Go together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back