Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jul 25, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #6,331 of 22,475
white filter for me

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #6,332 of 22,475
@Rob Watts
As far as I have understood, we have two couple of `option` filters: 256FS FIR ones (white/green) and 16FS IIR ones (red/orange).
What is still remaining unclear in my mind is where are they acting or applied in the chain WTA1->Crossfeed IIR->WTA2->Lin.Interpolation 2048FS->LPF->LPF->Noise Shaping?
I mean if we apply 16FS options is WTA2 (16FS to 256FS) bypassed ?
Regards.

That's it exactly. The linear interpolation is either 256FS>2048FS (white/green) or 16Fs>2048FS (orange/red). To complete the picture, the HF filter on (green or red) is set by changing each of the low pass filter (LPF) time constant from 0.7 uS (227 kHz) to 2.8 uS (57 kHz).

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #6,334 of 22,475
for the closest you can get to a "flavour" of dave's tonal balance and quality white filter AFAIK. baby dave? lol.:two_men_holding_hands:

Slavonic Dance no.2 in E Minor, Op.72 by Yo Yo Ma The Dvorak Album Tidal. Really breathtaking the way the bow hits the strings on Yo Yo Ma's 2 million dollar cello and as some have stated the music draws you in on an emotional level. Switching to Canadian rapper Drake the two genres couldn't be further apart but both as stated draw me in. Hugo 2 starts to manifest itself as a magical box that has no limits or boundaries and can transport you anywhere you want to go at the click of a button. Absolutely gorgeous as someone stated before.:gem:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #6,335 of 22,475
for the closest you can get to a "flavour" of dave's tonal balance and quality white filter AFAIK. baby dave? lol.:two_men_holding_hands:

Glass flavour? :golfer:

giphy.gif

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #6,336 of 22,475

Slavonic Dance no.2 in E Minor, Op.72 by Yo Yo Ma The Dvorak Album Tidal. Really breathtaking the way the bow hits the strings on Yo Yo Ma's 2 million dollar cello and as some have stated the music draws you in on an emotional level. Switching to Canadian rapper Drake the two genres couldn't be further apart but both as stated draw me in. Hugo 2 starts to manifest itself as a magical box that has no limits or boundaries and can transport you anywhere you want to go at the click of a button. Absolutely gorgeous as someone stated before.:gem:

Glad to see how much you and everyone are enjoying the music with their Hugos.
Hong Kong should be receiving the first shipment in a day or two.

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #6,337 of 22,475
are there many waiting for hugo 2's in HK. it's interesting to see the level of interest in various parts of the world. also how do you rate the imac as a transport for H2? I have a late 2013 27 imac with 512gb ssd.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #6,339 of 22,475
I am trying out the first Hugo2 on the UK tour and for me the difference is meaningful and much greater in terms of clarity, musicality than Hugo 1 versus Mojo. Am listening to a piano concerto now and the sound of the piano is a amazing - so musical and also you hear the individual piano keys in a way that both Mojo or Hugo 1 couldn't replicate, ie very distinct starting and stopping of the notes whilst some of the piano "runs" sound like running water.

I was happy to have both Hugo1 and a Mojo. I will be selling both as I only want to listen to Hugo 2.

Thanks for the update,That sounds promising. Are we by any chance thinking of the same Piano Concerto? And maybe even the same performance?
I started my day after my Yoga, with Beethoven's 3rd piano Concerto from Prom 1 this season,performed by Igor Levitt live in the Royal Albert Hall.
If so, the difference was that I listened via my Benchmark DAC 2. IMHO, a very fluid and generally excellent performance,the feelings afterwards were very positive . First, wow those keyboard runs felt just as liquid and naturally flowing as running water in a clear little brook. And secondly how I wish I could play the Piano like that.
Cheers Christer and enjoy your HUGO 2.
PS I have had my HUGO on sale around 6 weeks by now and not a single buyer so far.
Maybe I am asking too much for it?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #6,340 of 22,475
are there many waiting for hugo 2's in HK. it's interesting to see the level of interest in various parts of the world. also how do you rate the imac as a transport for H2? I have a late 2013 27 imac with 512gb ssd.
Are you from HK?

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #6,341 of 22,475
no U.K. I was responding to sc2806.

for the first time i feel as though i can extract myself from where i am into the recording studio within the vicinity of the artists as they record their tracks. especially with strong vocals.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #6,342 of 22,475
Looks like I would keep a TT if I had one.

"As promised A was the TT and B was the Hugo 2."

The more I listen to ch2 the more I like it, but ch1 has attraction in the low end impact and the edgy sound to vocals can be quite appealing. TT is still king tho, with the authority, impact, and depth to drive hd800S more to my liking. im thrilled to keep listening to my Hugo's now, sitting by the dock of the bay style on my garden deck lounge, shaded trees, fountain, nice clean sunny summers days....iPhone 7 cck testing now, done with the inhouse studio listening. Should have my thoughts up in a couple days.
Oh ya the TT ain't going anywhere

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #6,343 of 22,475
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #6,344 of 22,475
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #6,345 of 22,475
Even tho this is a ch2 thread, no the early 5 k came out in late 14 and have a different build. This is a refurbished early model I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back