CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 14, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #5,071 of 26,005
That's interesting news John, can I ask if the ironed out package would be a valid replacement for my SPM1400's?

It's brilliant if things can get better than the Dave direct to the monos.

H.
I think it will be a few years before the digital technology that Rob is developing will be generating the extreme power levels that our SPM 1400 mono blocks put out. We will stage this technology over several generations increasing power levels to prove it.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #5,072 of 26,005
John

Being nosy, what house number of power do you think off for 1st Generation? Something alongside first watt's level of power (i.e. Around 25w @ 8 Ohm) or more?

kind regards

Michael

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #5,076 of 26,005
Congratulations on getting your Dave,and a what a lovely selection of top class headphones,but which one is your favorite?and why:smiling_imp:

Favourite is still the HD800S especially when driven by La Figaro 339 tubes amp. Next is Nighthawk, easy listening all day long without fatigue and nearest to speaker listening in its tuning.

The Utopia is not fully burn in yet but it will probably overtake the 800S and Nighthawk in due time.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #5,079 of 26,005
I see that Vincent's response this morning was quickly removed by a moderator. Seems to me that he should be allowed an opportunity to state his position if others are telling tales that involve him. Or is that a privilege only bestowed upon HF sponsors?
yeah they sure shut that one down quick talk about favoring

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #5,080 of 26,005
Head-Fi should allow robust discussion and impassioned debate unless libellous submissions are uploaded, in which case the moderators have every right to delete posts. However, why remove a post by a guy (Vincent) defending his DACs against unsubstantiated claims of sonic inferiority?!? Surely free speech is an inherent ethos of Head-Fi and we should all be permitted to voice our respective opinions, no?!?

I see that Vincent's response this morning was quickly removed by a moderator. Seems to me that he should be allowed an opportunity to state his position if others are telling tales that involve him. Or is that a privilege only bestowed upon HF sponsors?

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #5,081 of 26,005

I completely agree..... Comments and even lies were posted here regarding Vincent from a disgruntled ex-partner, and Totaldac is not allowed to stand ground? I found nothing wrong with Vincent's reply. Nice to know what is really going on in this "conflict of interest"

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #5,083 of 26,005

Head-Fi should allow robust discussion and impassioned debate unless libellous submissions are uploaded, in which case the moderators have every right to delete posts, but why remove a post by a guy (Vincent) defending his DAC against unsubstantiated claims of sonic inferiority?!? Surely free speech is an inherent ethos of Head-Fi and we should all be permitted to voice our respective opinions, no?!?

Vincent can respond. And other posts he mentioned to us via PM are being reviewed, and may also be deleted.

In our rules/terms of use, we specifically do NOT allow members of the trade to go after one another (their companies, products, services, etc.). A sponsor can't criticize a non-sponsor or sponsor. A non-sponsor can't criticize a non-sponsor or sponsor. We do not want to see any of that kind of activity here, whether directly, or by proxy (through others).

What we saw first was what was first reported, and that was Vincent's post, and it was deleted, and Vincent notified. He has then pointed us to other posts that will also be reviewed and possibly deleted.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #5,084 of 26,005
I completely agree..... Comments and even lies were posted here regarding Vincent from a disgruntled ex-partner, and Totaldac is not allowed to stand ground? I found nothing wrong with Vincent's reply. Nice to know what is really going on in this "conflict of interest"

Also, in the context of what's been going on today, I have no idea who has done business with whom now or in the past. I'm not the least bit familiar with who Voxative is, what their products are, and/or any relationship they did/didn't have with totaldac or anyone else.

Again, we're trying to get this sorted, but we're not going to allow members of the trade to go after one another on our forums. Never have, never will.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #5,085 of 26,005
Although Roy's post was fair-minded and honourable, doesn't it contain reports of one manufacturer's views about another's products, so that a response is inevitable?

The moral of the story might be be steer clear of such matters and inadvertently get drawn into a hi-fi divorce. A messy business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back