1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by magiccabbage, May 14, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239
Next

Last
  1. Mython Contributor

Ironically, I think I recall US dealers apparently spitting their pacifiers out, when Hugo was first released, and the exchange rate made Hugo slightly cheaper in the UK - but rather than allow that situation to continue, UK buyers were penalised with a price-hike, to placate any such tantrums in the US.

It will be interesting, therefore, to see if it cuts both ways, or if US dealers decide they can have their cake and eat it, with £-sterling falling against the dollar. [​IMG] 

2. ecwl
    Hmmm... I think your scenario is much more likely. After all, the raw materials to make the DAC would become more expensive with the falling pound. So if the manufacturing cost of the Chord DAVE is going to increase in pound-sterling, it would make more sense for Chord DAVE to go up in price in the UK anyway but the resultant US prices would stay the same. Thanks for the insight about Chord Hugo. I wasn't aware of that.

3. DesiGuy79
    Anyone bought it from UK and got it shipped to USA?

4. PhilW
    i hope not.

5. Kakki

I bought Dave a month ago and paid the bill by YEN already but still waiting for it to come...

Seems like I'm the most unfortunate Dave owner here!! Hahaha

6. Mython Contributor

No DAVE-owner is unfortunate - you don't realise how lucky you are!

Deftone likes this.
  7. DesiGuy79
    Any particular reason?

8. raypin
    OT: mmm......wow, couldn't believe Brexit won. Over usd 2 trillion wiped off global equities overnight. The markets will punish the British economy. Pound will fall into a deep hole. With this, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland are next? Good for British exports, tourism......hopefully, the Chord Dave's price will remain in the foreseeable future.. My dealer has been egging me to upgrade from the Chord TT to the Dave. I might just do it if the price goes down. The Philippine peso just gained 7.2% relative to the British Pound.

9. Kakki

Mython, thank you for your reply.
    Yes, you're right. I'm still lucky enough to be a Dave owner and I'm really glad about that. Looking forward to receiving my Dave soon.

10. paulchiu
    first week with microRendu, it is what @romaz and others have discussed.  A well natural sound, a live experience not common with even the best home installations.  It makes you wonder if this is a sound with the artist playing just for you in your own personal space.
    With the MR, the DAVE has that buttery analog sound of my Western Electric 300B tubes.  Very much like the sound from a Nagra HD DAC (not using MR), but with greater overall dynamics.
    There is still the occasional network drop.  I am investigating this with Andrew Gillis.

Using Curious links between MR and DAVE.
    DAVE hottest temp is near the headphone port - 101F
    MR runs around 104-107F

ChordDAVEIMG_2299.jpg

paul

shuttlepod and Liu Junyuan like this.
  11. Mojo ideas
    There will be one other issue at play in the longer term also. The issue of course is that virtually all of materials that Dave and indeed all of of our units are made from come from overseas. From the aluminium of our chassis to the Xilinx FPGAs all are imported so unless there is a rebound in the pounds value in a reasonable time. We may have to make some adjustments to our prices to compensate for any Materials excess costs. We will endeavour to hold our prices stable for as long as we can though. So your right now is a good time to buy.

12. stvc

Just ordered 1[​IMG]

13. Rob Watts
    What source were you using before the microRendu?

Rob

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  14. rgs9200m
    I think a lot of Chord things come from Bluebird Music. I don't think they fiddle with prices based on currency fluctuations, as least that's what it looked like over the last year or so.

15. paulchiu

Before the MR, mainly with MACs and PCs.
    Macbook Pro with SSD internal.  iMac with SSD , Dell XPS 15 with SSD.  
    All using USBs.

Did listened to an Aurender N10 with DAVE, again USB.

The microRendu using any USB cable sounded better than all of the above.

paul

First

Back
219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228
230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239
Next

Last