CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 4, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #22,757 of 25,834
Is it just me wondering the same thing at this point? You guys may as well just design a completely new DAC from ground up using these principles and hire Robb Watts as the digital consultant :)
If I can get @Reactcore to build me one of his lovely choral-housed m scalers, I'll post a new picture 😀

Oct 4, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #22,758 of 25,834
Is it just me wondering the same thing at this point? You guys may as well just design a completely new DAC from ground up using these principles and hire Robb Watts as the digital consultant :)
Seriously though, it is a testimony to the excellent fundamentals of the DAVE digital design that it can be tweaked so hard and respond with good sq improvements.

There is plenty of headroom there.

Oct 4, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #22,759 of 25,834
If I can get @Reactcore to build me one of his lovely choral-housed m scalers, I'll post a new picture 😀
I must be careful not to end up as a 'Member of the trade: Reactcore housings' with limitations to what i may say on threads 😆

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #22,760 of 25,834
I must be careful not to end up as a 'Member of the trade: Reactcore housings' with limitations to what i may say on threads 😆
Perhaps set yourself up as a not-for-profit?😉

(In all seriousness, your project is masterful and delightful!)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #22,761 of 25,834
Perhaps set yourself up as a not-for-profit?😉

(In all seriousness, your project is masterful and delightful!)

Thanks all for your kind comments 😊
My best award is superb fluent sound
I get imersed deep in my music without dis(tor)traction and my eyes gets happy too

I will make and post a schematic of the optic link for others to create one too

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #22,763 of 25,834
Oct 8, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #22,764 of 25,834
Interesting to hear. In what way has the character of the DAVE changed with this new board?

After three frustrating months waiting for a call to send my Innuos Statement back for an ARC6 power supply upgrade, and still waiting, I might get back to Sean and press ahead with an upgrade to my DAVE DC4.
Sweeter, more delicate, more detail, more dynamic , more listenable. One might say very analog sounding similar to a very highend turntable/cartridge

Oct 8, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #22,765 of 25,834
Sweeter, more delicate, more detail, more dynamic , more listenable. One might say very analog sounding similar to a very highend turntable/cartridge
Couldn’t have put it better. That is exactly what I hear.

Oct 8, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #22,767 of 25,834
I can't wait to hear the new board. I emailed Vassil and his first batch was sold out. I'm on the list for the new batch whenever that may come. Also, for those interested, it costs $500

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #22,768 of 25,834
How do you order the board, from Sean directly?

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #22,769 of 25,834
Oct 9, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #22,770 of 25,834
Me too, I really just enjoy my music now.

I preface my post with a disclaimer. I am merely a retail customer of Sean‘s but @Ciggavelli to my mind the cheapest way to get a better DAC than your current DC4 Dave might be to do what I now have inside the Dave which is the new just released Dave Cap Board from Sean Jacobs. In my system it has made a significant upgrade to sound quality and more importantly it has increased the shear listening pleasure. The idea for SJ to try a cap board with the Dave was first suggested to him by @marcmccalmont of this parish and what a good idea it has turned out to be.

I first bought the SJ DC3 for the Dave and then his DC4 and finally the ARC6 so as a long term customer SJ asked if I would like to listen to the final options on his short list for the make of capacitors he was going to use. The surprise to me was how much of a sound difference there was between these different manufacturers caps. The AudioNote Kaisei ones he finally selected were the clear winners to my ears and also to Sean's ears. Sean told me that his board was originally intended to mitigate the effect of different lengths of umbilical cable but I only have short (14 inch) umbilicals and yet the the whole character of the sound has got better with the new Dave Cap Board so it might be worth you looking at this route.

IMG_1002a.jpg

Is this new capacitor board designed to be used in conjunction with a DC4/ARC6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back