Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Mar 3, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #1,576 of 1,746
Hi miketise,
oh ... thanks for the info, as I'm said: I'm new in this forum :smile_phones:

One comment:
I prefer "electrical signal" before "optical signal", because optical has much more jitter! That's why I think DigiOne is the "best solution for a Raspberry Pi" (my opinion). I already tried BOSS DAC, Hifiberry boards, ... But DigiOne is the best ... so far !

Mar 3, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,577 of 1,746
Hi miketise,
oh ... thanks for the info, as I'm said: I'm new in this forum :smile_phones:

One comment:
I prefer "electrical signal" before "optical signal", because optical has much more jitter! That's why I think DigiOne is the "best solution for a Raspberry Pi" (my opinion). I already tried BOSS DAC, Hifiberry boards, ... But DigiOne is the best ... so far !
Rob Watts designs his Dacs to be immune to jitter.
Regarding the 2Qute, he does slightly prefer USB input, but not because of jitter. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-2qute-dac-announced.749582/page-3#post-11259796

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,578 of 1,746
not to be too off topic but i recently sold the 2qute and some other gear to a friend to acquire the qutest. however after yet another delay on it being released for sale to the usa i got
a too good to pass up offer on a hugo 2 and decided to go for it. i have to say the difference btwn hugo 2 and 2qute is not small. it's quite a big gap to my ears with the hugo 2 pretty far ahead. having said that i never tried using a lps on the 2 qute and perhaps that would have
made a difference?

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #1,579 of 1,746
I know this thread is near death but an extra personal opinion won’t hurt.

I recentaly bought the 2Qute as an upgrade to my Bifrost DAC because I couldnt pass on a really good deal. Besides I like the design, colourcodes and to be able to play DSD files. Unfortunately, in my system (and to my ears) the Bifrost beats the hack out of the 2Qute. The difference might not ne night and day but huge enough for me to keep my Bifrost.

The Chord is unnatural bright and fatiqing whereas the Bifrost is smooth and musical. I really want to love the 2Qute but I can’t. I do feel that the 2Qute handles complex music better but that’s not good enough for me. Tomorrow I get my Sbooster for the 2Qute and I really hope that wil change my opinion.

Whatever happens, I learned something today. A 1200€ DAC isn’t necessay better than one that cost 400€. And if I’m going to keep the Bifrost I will not have the desire anymore to replace it.

CAT7-Auralic Aries Le with Sbooster-coax/usb/optical-2Qute-[Loki mini]-HDVA600-balanced-HD800.

Can I ask, how long ago did you buy your 2Qute. Only because I initially found the Mojo thin and metallic sounding. (This was compared to my previous DAC, the Meridian Explorer.) However after about ten days I realised that I was wrong. It was all uphill from then on. Mojo was just so smooth.

After time I came to understand that at first I was comparing the DACs, rather than just listening to the Mojo. I would hear what was similar between the DACs. Then find other details to be sort of tacked on, and sounding out of place. Once I was hearing it as a whole I could hear how much better than the Meridian Explorer, it was.

May 12, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #1,580 of 1,746
Has anyone paired their 2Qute with ifi Micro iDSD? If you have, how were the results compared to just using Micro iDSD? My current chain goes like this: iDefender 3.0 > Mercury 3.0 cable > iPurifier2 > Micro iDSD BL > HE1000 with iSilencer 3.0 and ISO Regen added soon. I was wondering if adding a separate DAC would improve the sound even further.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,582 of 1,746
The Mojo driver should work. Chord now only seems to offer Windows 10 drivers on its other products. But all of them will work with the Mojo Windows 7 driver on a Windows 7 computer:

http://www.chordmojo.com/support/#driver

The key here is that all the newest DACs (DAVE, Mojo, Hugo 2, Qutest) support the same music formats: PCM 32-bit at 768KHz and down as well as all DSD versions.

Now playing: Liza Anne - Closest To Me

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,584 of 1,746
The 2Qute is better than I expected. :)
I have owned a Mojo for a very long time and lived with the Hugo2 as well.
Now I connected the 2Qute to my Questyle CMA600i and they just sound sublime together.
The 600i's neutral but liquid smooth and sweet yet powerful sound is a great combination with Chord's DAC technology.
The 2Qute tightens up the picture and brings so much clarity and soundstage depth! I haven't heard better DAC's yet than Chord's.
This combo reminds me to the Hugo2 a lot, but I think I like this one even more. (Working from memory here.)
As a bonus what I paid was much less than the price of the Hugo2.
The benefits of the 2Qute is not just clarity and tightness but perfect timing (attack and decay), amazing separation and control.
When you can even hear and visualize the studio, the exact space where the recordig was made... Just loving it.

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #1,586 of 1,746
Everything betula said.

And I guess now would be a really really good time to go shopping for one, given that its successor has only recently been released.
You are right, now it is the time. I got mine for £500, but you can find new as well just under £700.

Jul 1, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,587 of 1,746
not to be too off topic but i recently sold the 2qute and some other gear to a friend to acquire the qutest. however after yet another delay on it being released for sale to the usa i got
a too good to pass up offer on a hugo 2 and decided to go for it. i have to say the difference btwn hugo 2 and 2qute is not small. it's quite a big gap to my ears with the hugo 2 pretty far ahead. having said that i never tried using a lps on the 2 qute and perhaps that would have
made a difference?
What amp are you using with the Cutest? And excuse my ignorance but what’s an “lps”? Lol

Jul 1, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #1,589 of 1,746
I ended up getting a Hugo 2 because the cutest was impossible to acquire for many months in the US. I ended up having a problem with the Hugo and the company resulted in ship me a new unit. So I'm using the Hue go with the Rogue rh5.

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,590 of 1,746
One of my best value for money purchases this year. A secondhand 2Qute for 40% of the price of the Qutest. Joy of the budged conscious audiophile. How could I live without galvanic isolation this long? :)
IMG_20180701_160639154.jpg IMG_20180701_160706022.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back