Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,591 of 1,746
I ended up getting a Hugo 2 because the cutest was impossible to acquire for many months in the US. I ended up having a problem with the Hugo and the company resulted in ship me a new unit. So I'm using the Hue go with the Rogue rh5.
Love the combo of the Hugo 2 and Rogue RH5!! Good choice. a lot of people like the Hugo 2 straight up with the Utopia, but for me adding the Rogue took some bite off of it and made it perfect combo for me

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #1,592 of 1,746
Love the combo of the Hugo 2 and Rogue RH5!! Good choice. a lot of people like the Hugo 2 straight up with the Utopia, but for me adding the Rogue took some bite off of it and made it perfect combo for me
Yes this is end game for me. I think the only thing I would possibly consider doing in terms of an upgrade would be getting a better cable for the 800s. Outside of that I think I'm done.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #1,593 of 1,746
Yes this is end game for me. I think the only thing I would possibly consider doing in terms of an upgrade would be getting a better cable for the 800s. Outside of that I think I'm done.
Good for you! I would also try rolling the RH5 to see what variety I could get from it. You have a very very under rated headphone amp. Enjoy it.

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #1,594 of 1,746
I have the same experience with the 2Qute what I had with other Chord DACs (Mojo and Hugo2) to different extent: they just sound like a fully blown up balloon.

Imagine, you draw a picture with a marker on a deflated balloon. This is how most DACs sound. When you start to use a Chord DAC, you inflate the balloon and the picture suddenly becomes much tighter, more detailed, with more space around the instruments and better detail, soundstage depth.

I do think, Mr Watt's FPGA technology is industry leading. Thank you! :)

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #1,595 of 1,746
Good for you! I would also try rolling the RH5 to see what variety I could get from it. You have a very very under rated headphone amp. Enjoy it.
I rolled in some gold lions and I'm enjoying them do you recommend anything else?

Jul 20, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,596 of 1,746
Just purchased a 2qute and am very impressed with it, I had been using a Musical Fidelity V DAC II but the 2qute is far superior, the amount of extra detail, space and air around instruments is incredible, and although slightly warm is also wonderfully clear and transparent, also pairs very well with my Feliks Elise tube amp, in all a fantastic piece of kit.

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #1,597 of 1,746
I wonder if someone might be able to help me. As you can tell from my previous post I'm enjoying the 2Qute, which is giving fantastic sound, there is one thing that puzzles me though, it's regarding the sample rate frequency rates, no matter what the frequency rate of the music I'm playing it always has the orange coloured light for 48 KHz, and never changes, my player is Foobar2000, latest version, and Windows 10, also I use the RCA cables to connect, can anyone help?.

Jul 24, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #1,598 of 1,746
I wonder if someone might be able to help me. As you can tell from my previous post I'm enjoying the 2Qute, which is giving fantastic sound, there is one thing that puzzles me though, it's regarding the sample rate frequency rates, no matter what the frequency rate of the music I'm playing it always has the orange coloured light for 48 KHz, and never changes, my player is Foobar2000, latest version, and Windows 10, also I use the RCA cables to connect, can anyone help?.
Check the FAQ in post #3 of the chord mojo thread. I think your windows/foobar settings may need changing.
This is a similar question, from the FAQ.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #1,601 of 1,746
Is 2qute still a good buy today? Trying to decide between this and qutest, however I can get a used 2qute for nearly half the price.

I'm assuming both are better than a mojo (correct me if I'm wrong), but is there a notable sonic difference to justify the price difference?

Also would I have any trouble feeding data via from my android phone? With the right cables/adaptors and usb audio player pro?

I'm also not sure if the optical would receive input from my TV, or if I'd need an adaptor for this?

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,602 of 1,746
Is 2qute still a good buy today? Trying to decide between this and qutest, however I can get a used 2qute for nearly half the price.

I'm assuming both are better than a mojo (correct me if I'm wrong), but is there a notable sonic difference to justify the price difference?

Also would I have any trouble feeding data via from my android phone? With the right cables/adaptors and usb audio player pro?

I'm also not sure if the optical would receive input from my TV, or if I'd need an adaptor for this?
I did post a list of dealers selling new 2Qute, for as low as £650/750, so try and find the list, before you buy a used 2Qute for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back